[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    If Rogue is forthcoming, I can see them having a functional countdown-tile-based absorb power. Something like... say... a 3-count tile that steals 1 AP of every color from the opponent when it expires. At 1 cover, that is.... At 5 covers, it would be 1 AP from each color at 1 tick, 2 at 2 ticks, and 3 at the third tick.

That would be pretty Rogueish. Cue the "nerf Rogue!" arguments now. icon_e_smile.gif
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Upcoming PVP's

Wolverine
    Gamora
    Storm
    ( Balance of Power might been a false alarm)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    DaveR4470 wrote:

That would be pretty Rogueish. Cue the "nerf Rogue!" arguments now. icon_e_smile.gif

nerf-rogues-0.png
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:

nerf-rogues-0.png

And fix bounty hunters too!!!!!!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unless I am mis-identifying someone in Turul's spoiler the implication is an X-Man or a re-release of an already existing character at a new * level. That picture contains a high concentration of 'already released' characters.
    There are only two characters in that picture not released - Angel and rogue. rogue has been hinted at several times over.
    - Unreall
    Rogue
    Iceman
    Jean Grey
    Havok
    Angel
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Yeah, how did everyone miss Havoc? Poor guy.

I had forgotten this clue, but I'm assuming the clues aren't overlapping. Like, Spider-Man, Angel, and Phoenix are in this picture but are also in other clues.

Rogue would be so easy! Just use Colossus's (sp?) black. In reverse. For a character on the other team. You know? I've joked about her before in this thread, but really you could make this character almost without thinking with game mechanics that already exist. Add a damage-dealing power (since she's eaten Wonder Man or whatever) and an AP drain, done.
  • It'll probably be like another 9 months till Mr. Fantastic tho, right? Seriously thought they'd go with Super Skrull or something
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thing, Thing, Thing, Thing...
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    Upcoming PVP's

Wolverine
    Gamora
    Storm

I love knowing these ahead of time Turul, thanks. I asked in Q&A if we could get this, nice to know where to start putting ISO. Devs occasionally put these out when they talk about updates, but spotty at best.

Can you see/could we get who will be boosted next week as well?
  • Malcrof
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Upcoming PVP's

Wolverine
    Gamora
    Storm

I love knowing these ahead of time Turul, thanks. I asked in Q&A if we could get this, nice to know where to start putting ISO. Devs occasionally put these out when they talk about updates, but spotty at best.

Can you see/could we get who will be boosted next week as well?

So a Gamora PVP during a 4* release with Gamora as a featured.. she is getting some much needed love!
  • i'd rather her get a buff than "love"
  • Malcrof
    raisinbman wrote:
    i'd rather her get a buff than "love"

Buffed at 5 covers, you can do some damage with her red, and being only 5 AP...with KK buffed as well.... heals everywhere!!
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    edited June 2015
    Malcrof wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    i'd rather her get a buff than "love"

Buffed at 5 covers, you can do some damage with her red, and being only 5 AP...with KK buffed as well.... heals everywhere!!

Gamora + Prof X + Carnage can lead to some chaotic boards.

I've been running Gamora + Prof X + Beast and Carnage + Prof X + Beast in the current PvP. Needless to say, by the time the match is over, there's not a lot of new space for special tiles.

By way of example:

If I match blue in the first two turns, I can use Beast's blue on turn three, which does a 1 turn CD to add three specials. Casting triggers Prof X's Yellow, which puts three specials on the board, and Carnage's Black, which puts four specials on the board.

So at the end of turn three there are seven specials on the board (five for me, two for them) and at the start of turn four there are ten specials on the board (eight for me, two for them).

Master Plan feeds blue, so that can accelerate it even faster if you are lucky. Problem is, blue starts to get rare, so I start grabbing green, red, and yellow to use Beast's Healing and Carnage's Red and Green.
  • Dom22
    Dom22 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Is there def another run at Ultron coming up? I'm just assuming as that's how it was introduced . i have 15 tokens burning a whole in my pocket icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Dom22 wrote:
    Is there def another run at Ultron coming up? I'm just assuming as that's how it was introduced . i have 15 tokens burning a whole in my pocket icon_e_biggrin.gif

No. It's pure speculation based on the fact it ran twice last time. There might be another run, there might not.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Dom22 wrote:

No. It's pure speculation based on the fact it ran twice last time. There might be another run, there might not.

And a lot of us speculated it would run again to introduce Thing... but his introduction seems to be in another castle.
  • Dom22 wrote:
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30909#p376287
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dom22 wrote:
    Is there def another run at Ultron coming up?
    No.
    IceIX wrote:
    The Event will not have a second run this time around. The double run was a result of which characters were being released, the Event's run time, and the movie release schedule. This time around is just a "normal" single run of the Event.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dom22 wrote:

No instant rerun, but im sure there will be one in the next couple of months. If you are patiant enough not opening those tokens till then...
  • Dom22
    Dom22 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    turul wrote:
    Dom22 wrote:

No instant rerun, but im sure there will be one in the next couple of months. If you are patiant enough not opening those tokens till then...

Couldn't wait , 4 golds outta 15 tokens isnt terrible . although 2 were dupes
This discussion has been closed.