[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Just a heads up: The World's Most Obvious Hint was, in fact, obvious; and Ice has edited Nonce's Ant-Man post in the Character Discussion forum with the actual powers/costs.

Also, I was totally wrong: he is a 4*.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    A little teaser for the next expected char:

(PASSIVE) When the opponent makes a Match 5, --- destroys up to ??? AP in their strongest color, stuns the enemy team for ??? turns and deals ??? damage to them.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:

(PASSIVE) When the opponent makes a Match 5, --- destroys up to ??? AP in their strongest color, stuns the enemy team for ??? turns and deals ??? damage to them.

I already want this character. Can you tell us which image this goes with?
  • turul wrote:

hmmmm more match 5 shenanigans? Last time a 4* introduced that invalidated another 4*, the old 4* got nerfed...prof x/hulkbuster nerf coming?
  • turul wrote:

To me this has a similar feel to Doc Ock's "Armed and Dangerous" ability- mulitple effects at once representing the multiple arms. I'm guessing Medusa-- with her hair going everywhere getting into your AP, your HPs, and your ability to act at all. This comes knowing that Marvel is pushing the Inhumans, she's prominantly featured in a new comic soon, and she's on two of those posters.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:

With 3 things stacked in a passive, i feel another 4* coming.. are we finally getting Rogue? Rogue cut of DoFP coming out very soon
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    turul wrote:

So... a 4* counter to Prof X?

My money is on an Emma Frost.

Could be, but is not likely:

Cassandra Nova;
    Legion;
    Onslaught;
    Exodus; or
    An Evil version of Prof X from another dimension.
  • Buret0
    raisinbman wrote:
    turul wrote:

hmmmm more match 5 shenanigans? Last time a 4* introduced that invalidated another 4*, the old 4* got nerfed...prof x/hulkbuster nerf coming?

This character IS a Prof X nerf.
  • Buret0 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    turul wrote:

wow I partially misread that. Didn't realize it was punishing match5s o-0 icon_e_confused.gif
  • turul

I wont tell, instead i give tell one power for each character picture hint. (excluding Spiderman, Cyclops)
     Transforms a chosen basic tile into a colorless %NumTurns-turn Countdown tile. This tile cannot be matched and does not move. Every turn it consumes the %NumTiles tiles adjacent to it, dealing damage and generating AP.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    turul wrote:

Also sounds like a counter to Thor3, Ironfist, KK, MNMag.. pretty much all the 5-match generators. Pair this character with Loki.

Curious to see the other two abilities.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:

I wont tell, instead i give tell one power for each character picture hint. (excluding Spiderman, Cyclops)
     Transforms a chosen basic tile into a colorless %NumTurns-turn Countdown tile. This tile cannot be matched and does not move. Every turn it consumes the %NumTiles tiles adjacent to it, dealing damage and generating AP.

Wow those abilities sound crazy.. transform every tile of specific color to protect tiles!
  • Buret0
    "colorless" tiles sounds like Emma Frost in her diamond form... as does the turn every tile into a protect tile.

...or Rogue... draining and stunning and damaging could be rogue... but the fact that this is obviously a counter to PX screams not Rogue. Plus my own Rogue design was more fun.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler

1. Rogue, from the third picture (with the original x-men). Rogue steals power, knocks the person out, and hurts them.
    2. Silver Surfer. Colorless = Silver.
    3. Falcap. I hate it. This is a combo of Cap's yellow and Falcon's purple.
    4. Nightcrawler. You think you're hurting him and then *BAMF* you get hurt.
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    edited July 2015
    My thought to the initial hint was Rogue, but FalCap from the post above also seems right for the 3rd hint.

Turul said next expected character though, and although these feel like 4* abilities, I doubt they are they releasing 4 4* new characters in a row imo
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Sullstar wrote:
    My initial thought was Rogue, but FalCap from the post above also makes sense.

Turul said next expected character though, and although these feel like 4* abilities, I doubt they are they releasing 4 4* new characters in a row imo

...I would have doubted they'd release three 4* in a row. But here we are.
  • turul
    edited July 2015
    next PVP's: Thing, Cyclops
    4* releases in row

I think the next one will be 3*, and will be released nearly the same time as Ant-Man 4*, which will be earnable by PVE progression.

(But 4* possibility is quite high too)
  • turul wrote:
    next PVP's: Thing, Cyclops
    cyclops prizes? praise shuma gorath!
  • Soitswritten
    Soitswritten Posts: 102
    I have no doubt the first clue is rogue. Falcap makes sense for the protect tiles. The colorless tile could be multiple people but they suggestion of silver surfer makes sense. Though shouldn't he be better than a 4*?
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    That passive is crazy. I feel it should at least create a countdown tile like Loki's for one or all of the effects.
This discussion has been closed.