[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    You mean like Bullseye and Carnage? they are adding villains rather quickly right now.

What I meant is that they haven't done any of the villains from the movies as the tie-in characters - the only movie villain we've seen as a playable character is Loki, and he's been in three films so far (and was a launch character). Yellowjacket isn't even generally (or at least consistently) a villain in the comics, and if we didn't get a playable Ultron or Ronan i tend to doubt we'll see Yellowjacket.

I could be wrong though. They did Kingpin, after all, though that may have been more because he was really the only option for the Daredevil show.

He was also the Villain in the DD movie (only time i will mention that monstrosity, i promise). Doc Oc was a villain in Spidey movies. Carnage and Venom are slated to be in the next Spidey movie. Doom was in the FF movies..
  • Malcrof wrote:
    He was also the Villain in the DD movie (only time i will mention that monstrosity, i promise). Doc Oc was a villain in Spidey movies. Carnage and Venom are slated to be in the next Spidey movie. Doom was in the FF movies..

But none of those came out in the game when the movie came out. When I say movie tie-in characters, I mean specifically the ones we've gotten that were clearly tied to the release of a movie - Lazy Cap/Falcon, the three Guardians of the Galaxy characters (tied to the DVD release), Kingpin (tied to TV series), and Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch/Hulkbuster/Vision. Some of those were even modeled after the movie appearances. Those were done in concert with Marvel promotions. I expect to see the same - albeit on a smaller scale - with Ant-Man and with all of the other movies as they come out.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    With respect to Wasp in Ant-Man, what I've read indicates....
    Evangeline Lilly's Janet van Dyne IS going to be Wasp, but will not be Wasp in this film. At least in the main feature. There are suspicions that one of the credits scenes will be Janet "becoming" the Wasp.

Given Marvel's enormous push for Ant-Man (I've seen about 500% more promotional things for Ant-Man than I did for Ultron), I'd say we're 99.9% likely to see Ant-Man in the game before too long. Again, as I and others have noted before, it's become relatively clear that the Demiurge/Marvel deal allows Marvel to "push" characters into the game for promo purposes if they so desire; i.e. the character release decisions are not Demiurge-sourced and -initiated. I think Demiurge gets some character intro slots where the team can pick whatever character they like -- I think Carnage is probably unrelated to any Marvel-initiated push, for example -- and Marvel gets decision-making power on the rest.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    By the way, what the heck is up with NO Ant-Man reps?

I mean, I wouldn't want Yellowjacket or Scott anyways, but Queen Van Dyne and Sir Pymsington are both needed.

I'll be surprised if we don't at the very least see a Scott Lang Ant-Man in about a month. If Wasp is in the movie (which I think is relatively likely, though they're holding it back) we may see her immediately after. Hank Pym Ant-Man's possible too. I doubt we'll see Yellowjacket given the game's record on villains.
    you know if she's not in it, they will hint at it in the future of the Movieverse.
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    With respect to Wasp in Ant-Man, what I've read indicates....
    Evangeline Lilly's Janet van Dyne IS going to be Wasp, but will not be Wasp in this film. At least in the main feature. There are suspicions that one of the credits scenes will be Janet "becoming" the Wasp.

Given Marvel's enormous push for Ant-Man (I've seen about 500% more promotional things for Ant-Man than I did for Ultron), I'd say we're 99.9% likely to see Ant-Man in the game before too long. Again, as I and others have noted before, it's become relatively clear that the Demiurge/Marvel deal allows Marvel to "push" characters into the game for promo purposes if they so desire; i.e. the character release decisions are not Demiurge-sourced and -initiated. I think Demiurge gets some character intro slots where the team can pick whatever character they like -- I think Carnage is probably unrelated to any Marvel-initiated push, for example -- and Marvel gets decision-making power on the rest.

It's also just as likely D3 wants to cash in on movie tie ins. I'm sure I've already discussed that in this thread, but movie time = tie in time
  • But what went through my mind, I'd rather them ONLY introduce 4* WITH a new story. HB made sense with Ultron, but if you introduce Carnage, then I need a Maximum Carnage PvE with some some assist like Black Cat (playable, but not earnable), Deathlok (same - though future unlock?), with finally a lvl 3 venom.

Also, Carrion, Shriek, Demogoblin, Doppelganger, Cloak, Dagger, Firestar....

...and most importantly, because you all demanded it: 4* Nightwatch!
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Giant Man would make sense as 4*. To D3, at least.

I'm sure there has to be a milli second cameo of Scott / Hank / Janet / whoever growing as tall as a building and then shrinking down to Wasp's normal shrunken size. Even if it's JUST as a gag or a "Let's never do THAT again," moment, they could make that the 4*.
  • Malcrof
    But what went through my mind, I'd rather them ONLY introduce 4* WITH a new story. HB made sense with Ultron, but if you introduce Carnage, then I need a Maximum Carnage PvE with some some assist like Black Cat (playable, but not earnable), Deathlok (same - though future unlock?), with finally a lvl 3 venom.

Also, Carrion, Shriek, Demogoblin, Doppelganger, Cloak, Dagger, Firestar....

...and most importantly, because you all demanded it: 4* Nightwatch!

I want Cloak and Dagger! I had been working on a moveset for them, a tandem ala R&G.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Upcoming PVE events:
    - Episode 1 / Unstable ISO 8
    - Episode 2 / The Hunt
    - Ultron event, Wolverine / Cage / Vision / Spider-Man / Panther nodes (may contain regular Avengers too!)

I think we should better prepare for Ultron event running concurrently with regular PVE's, and it may break the character release pace as usual.........
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2015
    turul wrote:
    Upcoming PVE events:
    - Episode 2 / The Hunt
    - Ultron event, Wolverine / Cage / Vision / Spider-Man / Panther nodes (may contain regular Avengers too!)

I think we should better prepare for Ultron event running concurrently with regular PVE's, and it may break the character release pace as usual.........

Do you have any updates? I assume next is Episode 1, followed by Oscorp Heroic with no community scaling.

I meant do you have any dates.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:
    Upcoming PVE events:
    - Episode 2 / The Hunt

I'm torn with the Ultron's event running concurrently with regular PvE:
      star.png More choice for all kind of players ?
      or
      ecountdown.png More burnouts probabilities?
      I am very pleased with the return of the Ultron event but I know my whole alliance was exhausted after the 2nd event with IMHB reward
    • DaveR4470
      DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
      TLCstormz wrote:

I'm sure there has to be a milli second cameo of Scott / Hank / Janet / whoever growing as tall as a building and then shrinking down to Wasp's normal shrunken size. Even if it's JUST as a gag or a "Let's never do THAT again," moment, they could make that the 4*.

Spoiler...
      He's apparently going to appear as Giant Man in Civil War.
    • DrNitroman
      DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
      DaveR4470 wrote:
      Spoiler...
      He's apparently going to appear as Giant Man in Civil War.
      Potentially big spoiler too:
      It's the story where he's killed by Ragnarok?
      (I'm not an expert but I believe I read Civil War)
    • johnnyzero
      johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
      Potentially big spoiler too:
      It's the story where he's killed by Ragnarok?
      (I'm not an expert but I believe I read Civil War)
      [/quote]
      I believe that was the Bill Foster Goliath, not Scott Lang...different Giant sized hero
    • holy **** ultron again? I knew it!!!! icon_mrgreen.gif

Also, we must inform the populace!!!!! Someone post it in general!

I'd do it but I'm a wanted man
    • turul
      lukewin wrote:
      Do you have any dates?

Unstable Iso-8 coming next, probably a week long, and the Hunt after that.
      Ultron event probably before a movie release (???)

raisinbman wrote:
      holy **** ultron again? I knew it!!!! icon_mrgreen.gif

Also, we must inform the populace!!!!! Someone post it in general!

I'd do it but I'm a wanted man

I'ts enough pain for us to wait weeks for the Ultron event - don't torture the others yet icon_e_smile.gif
    • turul wrote:
      lukewin wrote:
      Do you have any dates?

So, Ant-Man? It's not like there are a bevy of other options.
    • fmftint
      fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
      Ben Grimm wrote:
      turul wrote:
      lukewin wrote:
      Do you have any dates?

So, Ant-Man? It's not like there are a bevy of other options.
      or vehicle for Carnage
    • fmftint
      fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
      turul wrote:
      lukewin wrote:
      Do you have any dates?

Unstable Iso cant be a week long. Prodigal Sun ends on 6-18 and they've already announced Heroic Oscorp (community scaling off) for 6-22
    • Malcrof
      fmftint wrote:
      turul wrote:
      lukewin wrote:
      Do you have any dates?

Unstable Iso cant be a week long. Prodigal Sun ends on 6-18 and they've already announced Heroic Oscorp (community scaling off) for 6-22

so random 3-4 day PVE as the re-run for Carnage?
    • turul
      How do you guys know that OSCORP HEROIC is scheduled?
    This discussion has been closed.