[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    The guy in flames is Sunspot. It's Age of Apoc. X-Men and X-Force from the Uncanny X-Force comic that crossed over (their need to recover a life-seed via Dark Beast's assistance in the AoA universe... Really cool story). Would love it to be Fantomex, the white ninja on the right for those who do not recognise him, lets get X-Force together on MPQ fully.
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Welp... that's a doozy, Turul.

Helpful research note: that's the variant cover of Uncanny X-Force #11, which is issue #1 of the Dark Angel storyline.

If Turul is referencing the underlying comic involved, then the "oh poop!" character who's a very very logical 4* would be...
    Jean Grey, who appears with Xavier in front of Wolvie et al. at the end of the issue. Alternate universes -- they're faaaaan tastic!

If he's referencing the comic it could well be
    Archangel. It's the start of the Dark Angel Saga, people have been calling for Angel, and people want more villains. Could kill a few birds with one stone
    Doc L wrote:
    The guy in flames is Sunspot.

I think it's Sunfire, the Japanese guy.

Also this is the series where Nightcrawler was teleporting people's heads off of their bodies and even teleported a shark inside Blob I think, very entertaining from what I read of it.
  • Deadpool369
    Deadpool369 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    I think fantomex could be an interesting character in game..also he would just about finish the uncanny xforce team in the game
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Nightcrawler was / is one of the most requested. He will be in Age Of Apocalypse. As will Jubilation.

Rogue was already a possibility from the other picture.

Sabertooth would satisfy the "wie needz moar villenz" today everyone fusses about.

The one and only character up there that JUST HAS to get the 4* treatment is Jean Grey / The Phoenix / The Dark Phoenix / The White Crown Phoenix! Period.

Unfortunately though, more than half of the characters in that specific pic are Age Of Apocalypse Universe variants, thus they don't really even exist / will never be in this game.

So, Turul.....as I said on the other page.....those of us who are actual comic book fans.....you are going to break our hearts if you happen to post a random pic of a certain character that ends up NOT being the character you were actually thinking that it was. lol

:+p
  • I think fantomex could be an interesting character in game..also he would just about finish the uncanny xforce team in the game
    Fantomex is an awful character.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    ArkPrime wrote:
    I think fantomex could be an interesting character in game..also he would just about finish the uncanny xforce team in the game
    Downvote! Downvote!

Fantomex is pretty good, and makes me think of what Gambit would be if he weren't a total scumbag poser (foreignish, a thief, a would-be ladies man). I don't know what his powers even are, per se, but he has a personality.
  • Square wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:
    Downvote! Downvote!

Fantomex is pretty good, and makes me think of what Gambit would be if he weren't a total scumbag poser (foreignish, a thief, a would-be ladies man). I don't know what his powers even are, per se, but he has a personality.
    I've only read one comic with 'em in it, and he has "illusion" powers or something and has like a direct mental link with his ship. He's a thief. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantomex

and are u sure you want to diss gambit like that? I guess you're safe now that there's no downvotes anymore icon_cool.gif
  • Deadpool369
    Deadpool369 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    I've never read all of fantomex archs..but for most of the uncanny xforce run I liked the way he was wrote in..except for all the weird stuff with the braddocks
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Square wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:
    Downvote! Downvote!

I've only read one comic with 'em in it, and he has "illusion" powers or something and has like a direct mental link with his ship. He's a thief. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantomex

and are u sure you want to diss gambit like that? I guess you're safe now that there's no downvotes anymore icon_cool.gif
    And he was in weapon X, and he has his brain outside of his head, and he's french canadian or some S. He also has the mutant power of no personality or clear motivations.
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    ArkPrime wrote:
    And he was in weapon X, and he has his brain outside of his head, and he's french canadian or some S. He also has the mutant power of no personality or clear motivations.

He has 3 brains outside of his head and there's a techno-organic woman/spaceship called E.V.A who is a physical manifestation of his nervous system.

There's also 'kind of' three of him, one for each brain. A female, Cluster, is his nice personality and Dark Fantomex is his most evil personality. Probably too confusing for Puzzle Quest.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sullstar wrote:
    Probably too confusing for Puzzle Quest.
    Probably perfect for MPQ, given the recent Vision powers within a power within a character, you would do something similar.

Based on the character, the three abilities are named after the brains - Fantomex, Cluster and Weapon XIII and could be a special tile focused character.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fantomex can be an interesting character (I recently read some great fanfiction starring him at the RPGnet forums), but is too obscure for the game.

I think Rogue is a strong possibility, but not a certain one. Power copying and theft is a niche that has not been built in the game (AP stealing and power slowing like Star-Lord's Red power, sure). And it seems like the type of thing that Demiurge would prefer to introduce on a 4* character rather than a 3*.
  • turul wrote:
    Next 4* candidate
    dpQx3sC.jpg?1

Hmm, 4* Deadpool would be a nice tie-in to the already confirmed 4*s being introduced to the DDQ and the Vault thing. And they already have a PvE event for him :/
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    By the way, what the heck is up with NO Ant-Man reps?

I mean, I wouldn't want Yellowjacket or Scott anyways, but Queen Van Dyne and Sir Pymsington are both needed.
  • TLCstormz wrote:

I mean, I wouldn't want Yellowjacket or Scott anyways, but Queen Van Dyne and Sir Pymsington are both needed.
    id love wasp but ant man is pretty meh. D3 keeps it pretty close to the chest either way....
  • So Phoenix, huh.
  • TLCstormz wrote:

I'll be surprised if we don't at the very least see a Scott Lang Ant-Man in about a month. If Wasp is in the movie (which I think is relatively likely, though they're holding it back) we may see her immediately after. Hank Pym Ant-Man's possible too. I doubt we'll see Yellowjacket given the game's record on villains.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

I'll be surprised if we don't at the very least see a Scott Lang Ant-Man in about a month. If Wasp is in the movie (which I think is relatively likely, though they're holding it back) we may see her immediately after. Hank Pym Ant-Man's possible too. I doubt we'll see Yellowjacket given the game's record on villains.

You mean like Bullseye and Carnage? they are adding villains rather quickly right now.
  • After what Jean Grey did to MvC3...I hope we are getting a 4* Magneto, a 4* Deadpool, or a 4* Redux of Wolverine, because I miss it haha.

I just have a bad taste of how powerful Phx is...I want no parts of that in this game...

I think Sabertooth would actually be a great character for the game, high hp, built around direct dmg and board shake up (essentially XF with high health and no true heal or a very slight one) or they could add attack tiles to represent a 'bleeding' effect.

But what went through my mind, I'd rather them ONLY introduce 4* WITH a new story. HB made sense with Ultron, but if you introduce Carnage, then I need a Maximum Carnage PvE with some some assist like Black Cat (playable, but not earnable), Deathlok (same - though future unlock?), with finally a lvl 3 venom.

So, if they are giving us a new 4*...I'm hoping for a 'reason'.
    - Unreall
  • Malcrof wrote:
    You mean like Bullseye and Carnage? they are adding villains rather quickly right now.

What I meant is that they haven't done any of the villains from the movies as the tie-in characters - the only movie villain we've seen as a playable character is Loki, and he's been in three films so far (and was a launch character). Yellowjacket isn't even generally (or at least consistently) a villain in the comics, and if we didn't get a playable Ultron or Ronan i tend to doubt we'll see Yellowjacket.

I could be wrong though. They did Kingpin, after all, though that may have been more because he was really the only option for the Daredevil show.
This discussion has been closed.