[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cyclops (Uncanny)

Scott Summers has been through a lot. He was the leader of the X-Men for most of his life. He was host to the Phoenix Force. He ruled the world.
    Now he's founded the New Charles Xavier School and is leading the Mutant Revolution.

Colors: no info yet
    Cover: no info yet

Mutant Revolutionary
    Cyclops makes a public display of strength to rally young mutants to his side. He converts ??? random Team-Up tiles into basic Red tiles.

Optic Blasts
    Cyclops fires his optic blasts through the battlefield, striking his target and destroying anything in his way. He destroys a random row of tiles and deals ??? damage. Does not generate AP.

Full Blast
    Scott unleashes a blast that could level a mountain. He deals ??? to the target enemy. If there are more than ??? Red tiles on the board, Scott rips his visor off, releasing his full power. He deals an additional ??? damage but stuns himself for ??? turns while he recovers. (has single turn stun upgrade)
  • Sherlock1
    Sherlock1 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Hmmm, interesting... Hope it will be a 3*!
    Many thanks Turul icon_e_smile.gificon_e_smile.gificon_e_smile.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    Cyclops (Uncanny)

Scott Summers has been through a lot. He was the leader of the X-Men for most of his life. He was host to the Phoenix Force. He ruled the world.
    Now he's founded the New Charles Xavier School and is leading the Mutant Revolution.

Mutant Revolutionary
    Cyclops makes a public display of strength to rally young mutants to his side. He converts ??? random Team-Up tiles into basic Red tiles.

Optic Blasts
    Cyclops fires his optic blasts through the battlefield, striking his target and destroying anything in his way. He destroys a random row of tiles and deals ??? damage. Does not generate AP.

Full Blast
    Scott unleashes a blast that could level a mountain. He deals ??? to the target enemy. If there are more than ??? Red tiles on the board, Scott rips his visor off, releasing his full power. He deals an additional ??? damage but stuns himself for ??? turns while he recovers. (has single turn stun upgrade)
    Oooh, nice. Mutant Revolutionary could be very interesting paired with Blade. Always been a Cyclops fan, so this pleases me a lot.
  • Hmm, anyone know if 4hor Charged Red Tiles would count as 3 tiles technically for this?

Thanks for the info Turul!!
  • D2KM_
    D2KM_ Posts: 134
    I need this. Like now. Right now. Now, now, now!!!!

Thanks for the info turul icon_e_biggrin.gif much appreciated!
    turul wrote:
    Cyclops (Uncanny)

Mutant Revolutionary

Optic Blasts

Full Blast
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    They're about due for new PvE content. The Trial of Jean Grey? It'd go with the Starlord release.

So its maybe: The Trial of Jean Grey => Trial by ordeal => Ordeals PVE ?
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Interesting, thanks turul. My guess for colors are:

yellowflag.png Mutant Revolutionary (because most Team-Up-related abilities are yellow)
    redflag.png Optic Blasts (like Hawkeye's red ability)
    blueflag.png Full Blast (this doesn't seem to fit too well, but it does involve stunning)

I'd say blackflag.png for the last ability, but the devs have commented that that's related to people's dark sides, and I don't think that fits Cyclops too well.
  • So excited about this! Thanks for the info.
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for the info
    But dang it devs why Cyclops! Was a really hoping for Gambit.
    Cyclops is my least favorite mutant
    I'm gonna get him and then purposely lose just to have him die
  • Humm, interesting. looks like he could be fun.
  • john1620b wrote:
    Interesting, thanks turul. My guess for colors are:

yellowflag.png Mutant Revolutionary (because most Team-Up-related abilities are yellow)
    redflag.png Optic Blasts (like Hawkeye's red ability)
    blueflag.png Full Blast (this doesn't seem to fit too well, but it does involve stunning)

I'd say blackflag.png for the last ability, but the devs have commented that that's related to people's dark sides, and I don't think that fits Cyclops too well.

Cyclopes did go evil and ran the Phoenix Five as well. They did an arch also where he went against the X-Men.
  • There are already two 3* with redflag.pngyellowflag.pngblueflag.png plus T4hor and 2*cap (among others). Wouldn't be surprised if they mix it up a little.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    YES!!! Thanks, turul! Cyclops was always one of my faves in the 90s (although this new millennium has not been kind to the character since Singer's films icon_lol.gif and his recent villainous turn in the comics) I was hoping for a 90s Jim Lee style Cyclops (still his best costume IMO), although I'm assuming from the description we'll be getting the new version from his Uncanny book.

Really interesting moves too - chaos and power. I hope his TU->red ability converts all TU tiles at max level.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    eaise wrote:
    Thanks for the info
    But dang it devs why Cyclops! Was a really hoping for Gambit.
    Cyclops is my least favorite mutant
    I'm gonna get him and then purposely lose just to have him die
    That's basically my thought hopefully he becomes a favorite on 3* teams so I can spend each and every PvP killing Cyclops dozens of times.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    1308598-aston9bk_super.jpg
  • turul wrote:
    Cyclops (Uncanny)

Mutant Revolutionary

If this skill isn't greenflag.png or yellowflag.png, he could have some nice synergy with Thor. Mutant Revolutionary chained into Thor's redflag.png --> yellowflag.png --> greenflag.png ... shudders
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    They're about due for new PvE content. The Trial of Jean Grey? It'd go with the Starlord release.

So its maybe: The Trial of Jean Grey => Trial by ordeal => Ordeals PVE ?

This would made a lot of sense (and would be awesome).

The only "Ordeal" story arc I can think of is 'The Herald Ordeal' in Silver Surfer's storyline. And that just doesn't make sense. It could have with Starlord and the other Guardians, kind of, but it doesn't fit with Scott.

Other option is that it's an new piece of PvE that's not based on an arc at all, like DPvsMPQ or the Rocket/Groot PvE.
  • john1620b
    ecir2002 wrote:
    Cyclopes did go evil and ran the Phoenix Five as well. They did an arch also where he went against the X-Men.
    In that case, maybe yellowflag.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png isn't such a bad guess. Thinking on it, he could also be yellowflag.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.png , since Optic Blasts destroys a random row, which seems like it fits with green (random tile destruction).
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    john1620b wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:
    In that case, maybe yellowflag.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png isn't such a bad guess. Thinking on it, he could also be yellowflag.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.png , since Optic Blasts destroys a random row, which seems like it fits with green (random tile destruction).

I'd say red/black are definites. Conditional damage is their thing with black (Inferno, Hypersonic, Masterstroke, Jab Jab). Straight damage is usually red.

It's the first skill that's a question. I'd guess yellow, but purple and blue aren't out of the question.
  • john1620b
    Yellow is the one I'm most sure of. *Every* Team-Up related ability is yellow (except Magneto's red ability, which is probably because they wanted to keep the color the same when they changed the ability). I think they even stated it when they changed Blank Panther and Storm, that they were trying to make Team-Up-related abilities yellow.

Then again, they break their own patterns all the time, so I could be wrong. icon_e_biggrin.gif
This discussion has been closed.