[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• Howzat
    Howzat Posts: 31
    Nerdgarcon wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Cyclops: redtile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.png ( redtile.png = prediction only )
    Also, 3*** rarity "confirmed".

Glad he's a 3*, but a bit sad about the color choices since he will conflict directly with cage.

Hopefully he is the last redtile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.png for some time. He makes #4 in 3* land.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed wrote:
    Mikaveus wrote:
    Sounds like they're going with the Mutant Revolutionary Cyclops with the 'X' visor and red color scheme. I really grew up a Jim Lee Cyclops fan so this version is very far removed. Still interesting but different. I would've liked the Astonishing X-Men Cyclops costume as well, but I figure Marvel wants to keep certain characters more current.

And Cyclops kicks **** BTW. Haters keep on hating. icon_razz.gif

Any pics to share about mutant revolutionary? And why is he called revolutionary? Did he become like magneto?

I am out dated on the current marvel comics...
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/107222/2983599-2941963-cable_and_the_x_force_06_021.png

As for why he's a "revolutionary", here's a quick blurb from Comic Vine;
    As Cyclops began to rescue more and more mutants, the people on the street began to deem him as a "Revolutionary" holding signs and t-shirts stating "Cyclops was right".

Thanks for the sharing! That Cyclops looks badass and darker. His X-visor looks a bit strange though; how does he see through those things?
  • turul wrote:
    Cyclops: redtile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.png ( redtile.png = prediction only )
    Also, 3*** rarity "confirmed".

I honestly would have thought Red, Blue, and Black based on his character as a whole. However, the yellow being tied to team ups would make sense and the black for the huge power hit and the red for the column being destroyed makes sense also.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    Mikaveus wrote:
    Sounds like they're going with the Mutant Revolutionary Cyclops with the 'X' visor and red color scheme. I really grew up a Jim Lee Cyclops fan so this version is very far removed. Still interesting but different. I would've liked the Astonishing X-Men Cyclops costume as well, but I figure Marvel wants to keep certain characters more current.

And Cyclops kicks **** BTW. Haters keep on hating. icon_razz.gif

Any pics to share about mutant revolutionary? And why is he called revolutionary? Did he become like magneto?

I am out dated on the current marvel comics...
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/107222/2983599-2941963-cable_and_the_x_force_06_021.png

As for why he's a "revolutionary", here's a quick blurb from Comic Vine;
    As Cyclops began to rescue more and more mutants, the people on the street began to deem him as a "Revolutionary" holding signs and t-shirts stating "Cyclops was right".

Thanks for the sharing! That Cyclops looks badass and darker. His X-visor looks a bit strange though; how does he see through those things?

He's a lot darker. Very commonly compared to Magneto in his youth.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    I've always liked Cyclops, and I liked him a bit less around the time of Schism (about five years back), but he's been pretty solid as a character since the Marvel Now relaunch of Uncanny X-Men. I like this costume much more than the 90's Jim Lee one. The 80's one is always going to be my favourite, but this one is pretty cool.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    I'm gonna go with Yellow, Red, Blue cos that's his costume colour in Marvel vs Capcom icon_e_smile.gif
  • X-men's always been one of my favorite series for a long time. And cyclops has been my favorite character since the beginning. If the name didn't imply I'm a big fan of the character. So I'm really excited to see his power set. Hoping he's able to pair with some of my better characters well. Which means I'm hoping for a black and yellow power. More so hoping there better than his red which to me is an inevitable color he'll get.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Has anyone mentioned that since they know how turul is doing this that it may have been an intentional mislead?

The post from awhile back seemed to make it clear that Cyclops was nowhere near the radar. If they've gone back on that cool, but it'd be no surprise to me, immediately following them asking this to stop, for them to put some non-existent code in place to do this.
  • Wobby wrote:
    Has anyone mentioned that since they know how turul is doing this that it may have been an intentional mislead?

The post from awhile back seemed to make it clear that Cyclops was nowhere near the radar. If they've gone back on that cool, but it'd be no surprise to me, immediately following them asking this to stop, for them to put some non-existent code in place to do this.

Until Turul's been proven wrong, no need to worry just yet I don't think. Pretty good track record so far and definitely helps to get some early PR out on new stuff not yet released to get the forumites early opinions (i.e. DP Daily PVE and Cyclops most recently). Did they ask Turul to stop officially? I thought they just said they had to be more careful going forward due to the Marvel NDA and potential unintended leaks on other stuff related to Marvel.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wobby wrote:

I believe that was when Colossus was introduced, so... sometime in September maybe? A long time ago at any rate. Not sure how long time development takes, but it's not like the post was made yesterday.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was only told spoiling is not recommended, when I spoiled Rocket and Groot.
    (and warned not to link complete leaked data-files)
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't ever stop Turul. I think if anything would've been the possibility of a troll attempt, it was Squirrel Girl, but then she was released. I don't think the devs would go thru the trouble of trolling with fake data. They've got enough on their plates.
  • One of the example I remember on corporate espionage is that suppose you walk to your competitor's parking lot and saw through the window some top secret information on a whiteboard while you're in the parking lot. It is not illegal to write this stuff down and use it to your advantage because anything that can be seen through a window on the ground level cannot be considered as secure and that's their problem. From what I can tell this seems to be just scrubbing through various data file and look for text which is basically the same thing.

I don't really get why devs have this fear of people knowing their plans ahead of time. Unless the devs are planning to make a sale and then run away and fold the company and they don't want people to figure out the second part, there's usually not much to be gained. Suppose Turul informed us that he saw X Force and Thor are going to be nerfed sometime in the future. This will obviously cause some massive hysteria and riots, but assuming this is true, you'd still get the riots when this goes live anyway and people would probably be angrier since they wouldn't time to prepare for it. Now I can see the argument like what if they're just thinking about it and either never went around doing it or it took 8 months before it happened? Well then don't put stuff like that in your 'coming soon' cache. The reason why we can see this stuff is presumably because they're going to use it in the next patch or two so they decided to load this stuff up first to see if it causes any problems. If something isn't happening for another 8 months, there's no need to see if it'll cause any problems this early.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    One of the example I remember on corporate espionage is that suppose you walk to your competitor's parking lot and saw through the window some top secret information on a whiteboard while you're in the parking lot. It is not illegal to write this stuff down and use it to your advantage because anything that can be seen through a window on the ground level cannot be considered as secure and that's their problem. From what I can tell this seems to be just scrubbing through various data file and look for text which is basically the same thing.

I don't really get why devs have this fear of people knowing their plans ahead of time. Unless the devs are planning to make a sale and then run away and fold the company and they don't want people to figure out the second part, there's usually not much to be gained. Suppose Turul informed us that he saw X Force and Thor are going to be nerfed sometime in the future. This will obviously cause some massive hysteria and riots, but assuming this is true, you'd still get the riots when this goes live anyway and people would probably be angrier since they wouldn't time to prepare for it. Now I can see the argument like what if they're just thinking about it and either never went around doing it or it took 8 months before it happened? Well then don't put stuff like that in your 'coming soon' cache. The reason why we can see this stuff is presumably because they're going to use it in the next patch or two so they decided to load this stuff up first to see if it causes any problems. If something isn't happening for another 8 months, there's no need to see if it'll cause any problems this early.

Correct. If Ford builds a vehicle and leaves the schematics in the glove box and you post that on the web so people can build their own cars you didn't do anything wrong, it's not your fault they left the instructions in the vehicle.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bn7VnPk.jpg
  • GothicKratos
    Phantron wrote:

The reason they mentioned is the video has enough validity to be considerable. If they want to include anything that ties into the future of Marvel Comics, if it got leaked, they'd be up **** creek.

Not that I am arguing that he should stop necessarily, I enjoy the whole theorycrafting aspect of all this, and it's really fun, but I understand their disdain in this too.
  • I always felt Cyclops had way too much plot armor to be taken seriously.

So they go against stuff like the Hive and someone with regular human vulnerabilities comes out of it unharmed because he has concussive blasts? He's little more than a regular human with a shotgun. A big shotgun, granted, but no way he makes it through guys that can go toe to toe with Wolverine's regeneration, Jean Grey/Beast/Rogue's incredibly resistant bodies and outright immortals like Iceman. Hell he'd probably just get hit with some debris dislodged by his own blasts and die seconds after discovering his powers.
  • Phantron wrote:

The reason they mentioned is the video has enough validity to be considerable. If they want to include anything that ties into the future of Marvel Comics, if it got leaked, they'd be up tinykitty creek.

Not that I am arguing that he should stop necessarily, I enjoy the whole theorycrafting aspect of all this, and it's really fun, but I understand their disdain in this too.

If it's that big of a deal just wait until the patch that's supposed to bring that character in to update it. For example let's say they signed an NDA because Marvel has a big plan about how Wolverine gets resurrected as a bad guy, then don't put stats for Wolverine (Resurrected Bad Guy) in the game early until it's ready. It's no different than what anyone else who may have heard of such inside information would have to do.
  • Phantron wrote:

The reason they mentioned is the video has enough validity to be considerable. If they want to include anything that ties into the future of Marvel Comics, if it got leaked, they'd be up tinykitty creek.

I mean. Just don't upload new content to a patch too long before it's getting released. I know patches have to go through google first but how long could that take? A few days at most?
  • GothicKratos
    That's all fine and good, but most developers tend to work on /x/, /y/, /z/ when hey have the free time and work on the important things /a/, /b/, and /c/, so bits and pieces of things are left in code, but not active. We're talking about a company that does not have a playtesting server, so it's not like they have backups or developmental builds. They have one build and they continue to build on it.
This discussion has been closed.