[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Update on Daily PVE:

Hey Marvel Puzzle Quest players!
    Introducing: Deadpool's Daily Event! it's got all that daily PVE event content but with MY face on it.
    It's packing some sweet prizes and goodies so play EVERY DAY!
  • turul wrote:
    Update on Daily PVE:

Introducing: Deadpool's Daily Event! it's got all that daily PVE event content but with MY face on it.

You keep bringing the good news!
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am a huge fan of Cyclops*

His first power is the first color to generate red tiles, and that in itself is great for blade. His last power sounds great. While I think the x-men leader should be 4*, I really hope he's just 3* so that I get my hands on him.

* until they pair him up with Emma Frost... argh, to break him and Jean Grey up was so wrong.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    The current operating theory seems to be that being a Team Leader gets you 4*'s. I guess we'll see it the theory continues to work through this release. If he is a 4* I just hope that they fix the PvE rewards to make him available to top 150 instead of just top 50.
  • rixmith wrote:
    The current operating theory seems to be that being a Team Leader gets you 4*'s. I guess we'll see it the theory continues to work through this release. If he is a 4* I just hope that they fix the PvE rewards to make him available to top 150 instead of just top 50.

Wow, another 4* after a 4*, that would be a first...
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think this team leader as 4* really holds up to anything.

I think it's more like they said they would be releasing heaps of 4*s into the future and they do have to start to slow the 3* release schedule down a little.

As to which this particular character is (or any particular future one, for that matter), given there is no justification for anyone'e placement anywhere (aka. the devs have nothing transparent guiding them), it will just fit with where they want another character.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    It does seem like 4*'s are all team leaders in a sense. But I don't think all team leaders have to be 4*'s (e.g. Storm). Hopefully he's a 3* -- it would be depressing to have to try and go for another top 5 / top 10 in PvE right in a row.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unpopular opinion time! Never really thought of Cyclops as the "leader" of the X-Men. I know he technically was for a stent, and I know he was the alpha male, but he never really struck me as the 'leader type'.

That being said, his kit looks nifty. Doesn't seems strong enough to warrant 4*, so I think we're safe there. If he's in a high HP class, he could pair really well with Blade, as mentioned, or if he can tank Red over Gamora, with her too, so she can spam Razor's Edge more.

Depending on how many he places, he could be a troll pick with 2* Magneto too. icon_lol.gif
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unpopular opinion time! Never really thought of Cyclops as the "leader" of the X-Men. I know he technically was for a stent, and I know he was the alpha male, but he never really struck me as the 'leader type'.

That being said, his kit looks nifty. Doesn't seems strong enough to warrant 4*, so I think we're safe there. If he's in a high HP class, he could pair really well with Blade, as mentioned, or if he can tank Red over Gamora, with her too, so she can spam Razor's Edge more.

Depending on how many he places, he could be a troll pick with 2* Magneto too. icon_lol.gif

I've actually always despised Cyclops. I always felt he was overrated in a scuff and that his leadership abilities and ability to inspire were lacking compared to some of the more prominent leaders.

The best thing he ever did was sired Cable and Nate.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been shipping around the 4* == Leadership connection for a while now.
    I certainly agree that there's actually no pattern or rhyme or reason for assigning any character to any given star rating. Furthermore, there are already a few leaders or leader-type characters in the game that don't exist at the 4* level, so I'm not reading too much into it, but it does provide what I think is a neat connection for current 4*'s.

Wolverine has led XForce (also has led the X-Men, but whatever)
    Sue has led Fantastic Four
    Elektra has led The Hand
    Starlord is the leader of GotG
    Fury as the director of SHIELD

Dino Devil is a kinda the joke character and I can accept that he's an exception.
    That currently leaves Thor as an actual exception, although her story is still being written so who can say?

In any case, Cyclops would easily fit on that list. Also the reference to Mutant Revolutionary does seem to be closer to him putting together his own X-Men following the fallout from the recent AvX.

But we have plenty of 3* characters who would also easily fit on that list, with the leadership connection, such as Magneto, Mystique, Doom, Storm.

In my perfect version of MPQ, I think that there could be a 2 or 3* version of Cyclops and a 4* version of Cyclops. Perhaps one to represent young Scott Summers and one to represent the "revolutionary" leader, with some similar abilities between the two. But I don't think MPQ has really worked out a way to release multiple versions of the same character and still keep people happy. Anyway, that's not what this thread is about.
  • atomzed
    Arondite wrote:
    I've actually always despised Cyclops. I always felt he was overrated in a scuff and that his leadership abilities and ability to inspire were lacking compared to some of the more prominent leaders.

The best thing he ever did was sired Cable and Nate.

My main memory of him was during x-men the animated series. He is the perfect balance to wolverine. Wolverine was individualistic and rash, whereas Cyclops was disciplined and cool. Wolvie is the commando, but Cyclops is the field lieutenant which Xavier can trust to make the right decisions.

I gravitate toward Cyclops because of this trait of putting the team before the self. He is sensible, and I think part of his leadership is that his decision making was firm and quick, and he would.often consult the others.

And I like the relationship between Cyclops and Jean because both are mature and sensible... which was so different from those passionate puppy love during those comic era.

I didn't follow the comics, but I understand that throughout the years, the personality of wolverine and Cyclops have evolved. Cyclops have become darker, whereas wolvie became more... personable? It's like the writers took them down two different pathways, warping their original personality.

The current Cyclops reminds me of Magneto, with the "i-know-best" attitude, and have scant regards for the mutants lives if it is for the "greater good".

I don't really like the current Cyclops... especially now that he is with emma frost.

But my fond memories of him still remain.

*I stand to be corrected on whether I got the facts right about Cyclops.
  • turul
    I think he will be a 3* simply because he appears after a 4*, and also his introduction says " ...He was the leader of the X-Men..." .

By the way, his developers name includes "Uncanny", meaning the developers may release an alt version.

btw "Godlike" PVP coming. (the one with Storm, Rags, Thor, Loki, etc buffed)
  • Mikaveus
    Mikaveus Posts: 202
    Sounds like they're going with the Mutant Revolutionary Cyclops with the 'X' visor and red color scheme. I really grew up a Jim Lee Cyclops fan so this version is very far removed. Still interesting but different. I would've liked the Astonishing X-Men Cyclops costume as well, but I figure Marvel wants to keep certain characters more current.

And Cyclops kicks **** BTW. Haters keep on hating. icon_razz.gif
  • atomzed
    Mikaveus wrote:
    Sounds like they're going with the Mutant Revolutionary Cyclops with the 'X' visor and red color scheme. I really grew up a Jim Lee Cyclops fan so this version is very far removed. Still interesting but different. I would've liked the Astonishing X-Men Cyclops costume as well, but I figure Marvel wants to keep certain characters more current.

Any pics to share about mutant revolutionary? And why is he called revolutionary? Did he become like magneto?

I am out dated on the current marvel comics...
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magneto was right!

...and also a hell of a lot more reasonable than the current cykes.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed wrote:
    Mikaveus wrote:

Any pics to share about mutant revolutionary? And why is he called revolutionary? Did he become like magneto?

I am out dated on the current marvel comics...
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/107222/2983599-2941963-cable_and_the_x_force_06_021.png

As for why he's a "revolutionary", here's a quick blurb from Comic Vine;
    As Cyclops began to rescue more and more mutants, the people on the street began to deem him as a "Revolutionary" holding signs and t-shirts stating "Cyclops was right".
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    turul wrote:
    Update on Daily PVE:

This is definitely more important than Cyclops :]
  • turul
    I expected a bigger uproar because of removed guaranteed 3-star.
  • turul wrote:

Wait what? did I miss a post? or is that new info.
  • turul wrote:

Wait where does it say removed guaranteed 3*?
This discussion has been closed.