*** Wolverine (Patch) ***

Options

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Until we get more board control options that are more like Cap/Magneto and less like Falcon/Loki/GSBW, I will stick to my 3/5/5 Patch, thanks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    this has been happening as of last patch, but sometimes patch's best there is does no damage but will still create strike tiles. this bug has happened to me quite a few times these past few days.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Make sure Patch tanks (takes ownership) of at least some tiles on the board. If you run him alongside same level Hulk who you put in the tank's position and, say, oBW/Dr Doom, these two will take every single tile from Patch, including environment, but not take yellow. If Patch is a lower level than Sentry/fathor, these will take yellow from him, too, while Doom/oBW take purple/blue/black.
  • Unknown
    Options
    it's always been in situations that he's had control over at least 1 color and that color has been represented.

so strange..
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Well, I wouldn't use BTI if Patch only has one colour, anyway.
  • Unknown
    Options
    it's always the last ability i use to finish someone off. it's never a regularly used ability.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ever since true heal I think a 5/5/3 lazy Daken, 3/5/5 Patch, and 3/5/5 Sentry team is the best. 4 matches and the game is over. Sentry will destroy the other team, Patch and Daken will just heal from the injuries taken from Sentry. After so many turns just use 1 health pack on Sentry. Rinse and repeat until you have 1300 PvP points. Most people will avoid you as that team will take a lot of damage and time to beat while dishing out considerable damage to any attacker.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Does Patch's red count special tiles that are of a color he tanks, or just the ones with his symbol on them?
    Thanks
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Yes he does.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ok. Thanks man.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This seems to be a good spot to post this but does BTI also cover Team Up tiles if he's strongest on that tile?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This seems to be a good spot to post this but does BTI also cover Team Up tiles if he's strongest on that tile?

Good question. I am guessing no as the Team up tiles are like ENV tiles. You cannot place strike tiles on them, CD tiles, or attack tiles so they are their own special tile so when you fire TBTI it will not count TU in the number of tiles.
  • Unknown
    Options
    wymtime wrote:

Good question. I am guessing no as the Team up tiles are like ENV tiles. You cannot place strike tiles on them, CD tiles, or attack tiles so they are their own special tile so when you fire TBTI it will not count TU in the number of tiles.

Except Captain America
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My patch is 4/4/5 right now. Got covers from last PvP to go 5/3/5 or 3/5/5. I'm scared like a little girl of 5/3/5, already wiped my team in PvE using 4/4/4 because of suicide lol.

Read every post in this thread. I still don't know which build to go with...arrrrgh!!!
    4/4/5, 3/5/5, 5/3/5???????
  • Unknown
    Options
    My patch is 4/4/5 right now. Got covers from last PvP to go 5/3/5 or 3/5/5. I'm scared like a little girl of 5/3/5, already wiped my team in PvE using 4/4/4 because of suicide lol.

Read every post in this thread. I still don't know which build to go with...arrrrgh!!!
    4/4/5, 3/5/5, 5/3/5???????

The conservative build is 3/5/5. The more risky one is 5/3/5. 5/3/5 does more damage to both teams and may be okay if you can deal with the strike tiles, but might get your own team killed. 4/4/5 means you're not getting the best out of either power.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I run 3/5/5 because I'm not afraid to launch Berserker rage if I can take on pink attack tile out.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a 5/3/5 Patch. Normally I'd go for the safer build but I've gotten hooked on his strike tiles. Yes, it is risky, but still manageable. And he can pair with more than just cMags if you plan it right.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I run 5,5,2 because my Patch is suicidal and I have not gotten enough yellows
  • over_clocked
    Options
    In fact I chose 3/5/5 for Patch for almost the same reason most people go 3/5/5 with oBW: 5 in the third skill is a given, so it's between 1 and 2.
    You go only 3 in the first skill for it to be used as early as possible and for it NOT TO BE level 5.
    I don't mind level 5 Rage - oh it's pretty, and pretty suicidal with a bad board, too, that's why I like level 5 Berserker Rage Team-Ups - they let me experience that kamikaze rage with no roster management downsides.
    Maybe level 5 Rage (TU) will be BFFs with level 5 Symbiote Snare and Widow's Sting TUs, too!
  • Unknown
    Options
    LV5 rage imo is best to be with loki black. Rage and then Trickery = Huge Profit. But it takes a while to get ready (9G AP + 11 BK AP = 3 matches + 4 matches = 7 matches).

But then, I just respec my 4/4/5 to 3/5/5 with the covers I just earned (should I expect the nerf announcement soon since it's almost a day after the rewards were given? icon_lol.gif )

A second patch is in the making at very early stage with 3/2/3 and no leveling (no money spent. just dumping extra patch covers over time as I like him icon_cool.gif ). He will be 5/3/5 in the end, unless there's a drastic change/nerf to his abilities down the road.