*** Wolverine (Patch) ***

Options

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polkio lives!

IMO, laken is probably better with sentry. You'd need 16 green to cast patch's strikes AND sentry's green
  • Unknown
    Options
    Polkio wrote:
    I had him at 3/5/5 and then switched to 5/5/3

5/3/5 - you change patch to only one skill character - green skill, red is not usable
    3/5/5 - defensive build but if you want such defensive build character - don't use him, there are better defensive characters
    5/5/3 - I must admit that he did ot heal every turn and this is kind of minus of this build but I think this is the best offensive and defensive build (maybe 5/3/5 is better defense). When patch trigger his green rage he guarante 1700 damage plus one move so almost 3k damage. With cascades he can kill one character with one move.

And one more thing about healing, when you guys fight with patch did you are afraid of his healling ? I am not, I kill him always with one round.

But maybe if I will really like sentry I will change my patch to 5/3/5

Fair points but could you answer a few questions I have?
    1. What are the better defensive characters? I like patch because normal matches and low damage abilities wont kill him, and he just keeps building up AP.
    2. Isn't the fact that you kill him in one turn because his healing is obnoxious?
    *I run into a similar thing when fighting him. I wait until I have enough AP to take him out in one swipe, and hope he does not attack before I do.
    3. As far as defensive players go I think you want to have either all characters that people aim for first (so they can't decided who to attack) like OBW/M. Storm, or all characters that they wait until they have enough AP to take out in one swipe (again, so they can't decided who to attack).
    *When I look for a "easier fight", I look for opponents that I can stagger like OBW/Captain America/Thor
    1st- Kill black widow with match damage.
    2nd- Hit Captain America with low AP cost skills (Patch green) and match damage.
    3rd- Kill Thor ASAP with Large AP cost skills (Patch red).
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    locked wrote:
    KLoganR wrote:
    Phantron, I already have a maxed Patch - why would I want to run Clawkid, ever?.

Because 2 self healers with strike tile generation are annoying to fight against. I fought against a 5/3/5 Patch, 5/5/3 Daken, and OBW which had me on the edge of my seat. Once I killed widow, I was in a race against time fighting match damage while my opponent kept healing. I only got lucky that I was able to use his berserker to my advantage.

On offense, this cuts down on prolog healing and prolongs your general play as well. The matches go fairly quickly due to strike tiles as well. They almost cover the rainbow as well so this lends itself to being paired with anyone.

I plan on using Patch and LDaken as my 2 characters during pvp.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Patch is just not that great on defense in general because sometimes the AI will do something really dumb like Berserker Rage and immediately match 3 of its own green stirke tiles, or 3 environmental tiles. Likewise it can use TBTI when Patch only has a few colors (which is very likely if your featured character is high enough). Yes 5/5/3 is still better defensively than other ways you can build him, but the point is that if you're looking for Patch to pull off a defensive victory you're looking for the wrong guy.

For the one round kill on Patch, it doesn't hurt the team to collect enough AP to do 5800 damage in one round as opposed to use it earlier. That is, suppose you have exactly 2 2900 HP attacks that requires two different color. Even if there was no regen, you don't really get anything from using attack A earlier (but not killing someone) and then attack B 10 turns later, as opposed to just wait 10 turns and use A+B at the same time. If Patch is the only regenerating character, you usually have more than enough time to collect AP to do 5800 damage in one round while using your match 3 on the two other characters. Fatal Attraction is the only event I can think of where I wasn't able to do that, and that's because I killed the first 2 characters too fast thanks to Daken's uber strike tiles. Of course regen don't really mean much when you drop 600 damage match 3s.

Now if you want to double up on regen characters (say, Patch + Daken), that changes the dynamics considerably. I don't know if Patch + Daken makes an effective team, but it is definitely very annoying.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Phantron, I already have a maxed Patch - why would I want to run Clawkid, ever?.
    Because 2 self healers with strike tile generation are annoying to fight against. I fought against a 5/3/5 Patch, 5/5/3 Daken, and OBW which had me on the edge of my seat. Once I killed widow, I was in a race against time fighting match damage while my opponent kept healing. I only got lucky that I was able to use his berserker to my advantage.

On offense, this cuts down on prolog healing and prolongs your general play as well. The matches go fairly quickly due to strike tiles as well. They almost cover the rainbow as well so this lends itself to being paired with anyone.

I plan on using Patch and LDaken as my 2 characters during pvp.
    But running Daken/Patch doubles the annoyance factor for me, too D:
    Those are nice points but defense doesn't matter for 141s (and oBW). I attack anyone, absolutely anyone if they have better points, why should anyone be discouraged by my team?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yeah, annoyance factor is really important. When you see those stupid popup that Daken and Patch heals themselves... it could really slows your efficiency.
    From the other side when somebody has 3*141 team annoyance factor is at minimum level. I only skip bcos I don't want to fight for less then 20 point and then get -40 points in retaliation. But... I would consider skipping 141 Ldaken, Hood, and 3rd serious damage dealer like LThor or Sentry.
    To bad that we could not set defensive team in pvp regardles of what team we play. That would be awsome
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Tiles that belong to Patch have a Wolverine claws logo on them. Not the strike tile symbol. Got it yet?
    For environment tiles, you have to hover over them to see who's taking them (usually the Hulk unless there's a Punisher/Black Panther/Grey Suit Black Widow around).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Im sure this is posted somewhere but i could not find it/was to lazy to search alot so id figure ill just ask here and perhaps some friendly one can answer me.

If i lvl cmags to 141 who will tank red and yellow since they have the same damage numbers.
    I know about position in your team but i have also read something about numbers you cant see.

I just dont want to mess up and making mags tank either of the colours.

Thanks.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Patch will always tank red/yellow if put correctly and if Magneto is not buffed; characters of the same rarity and level limit (e.g. two 141s) will have the exact same values for their primary, secondary and tertiary colours, and thus only their position will determine who will take what.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Patch will always tank red/yellow if put correctly and if Magneto is not buffed; characters of the same rarity and level limit (e.g. two 141s) will have the exact same values for their primary, secondary and tertiary colours, and thus only their position will determine who will take what.

That was quick. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Many thanks friend 141 it is.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Just hit your team in Starfall, Xormar, I went arrogant and took LT/BP (both of whom I don't even like). Your Magneto translocated Panther to heavens (the board was a sea of blue/red to boot), but I barely managed the victory anyway thanks to Patch-provided tiles. Sorry if you were not shielded...
  • Unknown
    Options
    And here i was skipping you all day long cause you were so nice.
    Haha dont worry about it. As long as im not above 900 i dont really care.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I love how many times this was explained. icon_lol.gif

I'm curious though, did the OP ever understand this?
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Yeah I didn't even realize I hit the same dude I was talking to on the forum, should have been a little bit more attentive.

Back to the topic:

Don't you just love it how Daken is again better at defense and arguably offense, too, than Wolverine? (lazyDaken vs Patch)
    (After Thorverine funbalance Daken** was producing tiles as strong as A.Wolverine's (2x38 against 40), for free.)
  • Unknown
    Options
    It is a bit wierd how they make the character in this game i must admit.

Though my daken isnt as strong yet i have a feeling he will be my go to guy in the future.
    I hope im wrong cause i love playing with patch.
    Altho, after the cmags nerf that might change.

He might be to dangerous to use.
    The best there is is still my fav skill in the game though if patch tankes 3 colors.

And dont worry to much about hitting me. Only reason i saw it was you was cause of the bashing i got on the forums.
    It was just luck that i didnt strike you. I usually just look at the points and if they are good, i fight.

Im learning to be a better person. icon_eek.gif
  • Frailezim
    Frailezim Posts: 68
    Options
    Not sure if anyone has run into an issue where Patches Red does zero damage, even with a board full of patch created tiles? Reported it in game but want to double up here.

This has happened multiple times for me now.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    It needs to have the Patch emblem on the tiles, not strike tiles (which is what I assume you mean by 'patch-created tiles'.)

So, if you're running in this PvE with a half-decent Hulk, Patch won't own red/green.
  • Unknown
    Options
    i know this had been asked before. But then, could anyone advise whether to go for 3/5/5 or 4/5/4 for patch ?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hannybal wrote:
    i know this had been asked before. But then, could anyone advise whether to go for 3/5/5 or 4/5/4 for patch ?
    If you already have the covers, try it and see if 4 yellow is enough healing for you and/or you want more damage than at 3 green
  • Frailezim
    Frailezim Posts: 68
    Options
    My mind has been blown.

Thanks man, didn't click that this is what the description meant!