*** Wolverine (Patch) ***

Comments

• I've acquired a good amount of Patch covers recently, and I'm trying to figure out who to pair him with. I only have 3 Loki covers (1p/2b) and I just can't get him to a high enough level to use effectively with Patch, who I want to start raising up ASAP (currently level 35). Who else works good with Patch? I've seen the beautiful synergy with Loki, but I can't think of who else I could use. I was thinking maybe LazyCap, who I have a lot of covers for (bought a 10 pack and got 5 covers, maxed on red icon_e_smile.gif)
  • Pats0132
    Pats0132 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    I would use patch with someone that either uses purple as it's power or someone that doesn't use green or red as it's main power. Cause that's where he does all his damage. So Loki is good, spiderman, obw, c mags, black panther. Or u can always use lazy thor, lazy captain or punisher cause those three work with anyone really.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Pats0132 wrote:
    What's ur build?

2-4-4 maxed at 92, boosted in the PVP and in the PVE, Patch has been a great help for me.
  • Jkells wrote:
    I've acquired a good amount of Patch covers recently, and I'm trying to figure out who to pair him with. I only have 3 Loki covers (1p/2b) and I just can't get him to a high enough level to use effectively with Patch, who I want to start raising up ASAP (currently level 35). Who else works good with Patch? I've seen the beautiful synergy with Loki, but I can't think of who else I could use. I was thinking maybe LazyCap, who I have a lot of covers for (bought a 10 pack and got 5 covers, maxed on red icon_e_smile.gif)

I really only like him with Loki in pve against goons.

Good partners for Patches:

Obw: double dip on strike tile damage with espionage (at 4 or 5)
    Spidey: opposing teams can't use the gifted strike tiles if they are stun locked
    Hulk: let him take some hits from strike tiles and he'll anger the enemy away (black at 5)
    cMags: spammability is amazing with strike tiles (blue at 5, red at even 3, so much better at 4 or 5)
    Psylocke: double dip on strike tile damage with her cheap black
    Im40: can get red AP and stun himself so patch takes more colors before unleashing his red power

An offensive beast like patch can work on any team, but the above either help mitigate his downside or speed up the match to where that's irrelevant anyway.

I run a 5/5/3 max patch so I am in no way disillusioned about his drawbacks.
  • Pats0132
    Pats0132 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    I use a 445 patch. Those extra enemy tiles can be deadly. I was debating about 355 or 454
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pats0132 wrote:
    I use a 445 patch. Those extra enemy tiles can be deadly. I was debating about 355 or 454

3/5/5. With Lazy Thor now, 5 in yellow is almost mandatory, because if you are using him, you'll want to be matching yellow, which means less yellow out, which means less healing if you don't have heal maxed.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Pats0132 wrote:

3/5/5. With Lazy Thor now, 5 in yellow is almost mandatory, because if you are using him, you'll want to be matching yellow, which means less yellow out, which means less healing if you don't have heal maxed.

Thor would be tanking red and yellow for Patch anyway, what do you need the regen for? Then again, I don't see Patch and LT working well together in the first place.

In general, I think Patch's yellow is overrated. Turning him into a regen tank is hardly necessary when you can just end games fast with 5/5/3 and use a health pack if you absolutely need to.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    mjsko wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Pats0132 wrote:

Thor would be tanking red and yellow for Patch anyway, what do you need the regen for? Then again, I don't see Patch and LT working well together in the first place.

In general, I think Patch's yellow is overrated. Turning him into a regen tank is hardly necessary when you can just end games fast with 5/5/3 and use a health pack if you absolutely need to.

Let me rephrase. What I meant is that with L.Thor, you are not going to be having yellow out, becuase the other team is going to be matching it, this was assuming you are going against L.Thor. Because I have noticed the AI is getting better with matching colors lately, it still chases 4 and 5 tile matches as well as known cascades, but aside from that it has been matching better, and it will get it's L.Thor to go off probably before you can kill him with your 5/5/3 Patch
  • Gerrod
    Gerrod Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Recent bug - first noticed during the current hulk event.
    Patch's red ability generates strike tiles correctly but is doing no damage to opponents, even with multiple tiles on the board.
  • No bug. Damage is not based on strike tiles, it's based on total number of tiles that Patch has the highest match value for. If Hulk tanks all tiles, zero damage for Best There Is.
  • Gerrod
    Gerrod Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Ahh, thanks. I appreciate the clarification. I guess I misunderstood the "tiles that bear his mark".
  • Hi,

I didn't read anything on nerfing Patch Wolverine but the strike damage seems to be lesser now. Maybe it's my imagination. Just want to confirm if it was nerfed.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Patch is 3/5/5, L141. Strike tiles are still at the same strength as far as I can remember.

What build/level are you using? They may have weighed the increase on the value for things like Strike/Protect tiles more towards max level. That is: a perceived greater increase in value as you level up, but resulting at the same value at Max Level (since Falcon made it obvious that some heroes are as good at low level, perhaps even better, since they won't cover certain colors that way).
  • Mine is 535 lvl 141. Hmm....I used to be able to finished a game faster with each strike about 1800 with 6 green strike tiles.
  • I run the same build and all remains the same
    1780 damage from the bersekers rage initial attack and 6x148 Strike Tiles damage for every match. Before casting it, you must ensure that there are at least 6 green tiles available because they are not generated.

Regards
  • Patch have always gave out 148 strength strike tile at max lvl. So a max 5 green patch would throw out 6 strike tiles = 888 damages. In the first week of patch rolling out, there was a bug that patch give you both purple and green strike tiles instead of purple to the enemy. Also in the last pve event patch was buff. You could just have mistaken patch buff as regular patch and now experiencing post buff traumatic disorder.
  • Justdangit wrote:
    You could just have mistaken patch buff as regular patch and now experiencing post buff traumatic disorder.

Doctor Doom and I go through this disorder all the time.

"You used to be awesome! Wha happened?"
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    wuming79 wrote:
    Mine is 535 lvl 141. Hmm....I used to be able to finished a game faster with each strike about 1800 with 6 green strike tiles.
    Are you using OBW with Patch, and are some of the tiles no longer her symbol due to leveling someone else (Spider-Man, Magneto, etc.) or because she is no longer buffed from The Hunt?
  • maybe it's the buff effect...nvm. not affecting much. I'm more worried about my spiderman now..
  • I'm running 3/5/5 Patch so far but just got green Patch cover from a token. Now I'm wondering if I should respec him to 4/5/4. I'm not going for 5/5/3 since I think full 5 green is just too kamikaze. But 4/5/4 might be a good compromise between regeneration and green offensive...