Android Issues with Lollipop 5.0 (Updated***)

Comments

• Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Kappei wrote:
    The problem is that most of the Android users are still on 4.4.4. Almost all of us that updated to 5.0 did it by sideloading the OTA release and I don't expect that to be a huge number, so my expectations for a meaningful compensation are pretty low...
    My Nexus 5 has already received notification for OTA to Lollipop already, so I think a good chunk of Nexus 5 owners (even casual, non-flashing people) are affected by this issue now. Fortunately I frequent this forum so I am aware of the issue and holding off on updating.
  • cjkeane wrote:
    I'm out of town and don't want to exceed my WiFi limit so I'll download it

So you have a limit on how much data you can download on your phone via WiFi ? It seems that's something they want to do over here in France, that is why I am curious about it !

I for myself play captain America, the winter soldier game. Decent but the fun won't last long. And the arena mode is just lame : no real fight...
  • bouyaka wrote:
    cjkeane wrote:

So you have a limit on how much data you can download on your phone via WiFi ? It seems that's something they want to do over here in France, that is why I am curious about it !

I for myself play captain America, the winter soldier game. Decent but the fun won't last long. And the arena mode is just lame : no real fight...
    I presume he means that the accommodation WiFi that he's using while out of town has data limits. Not the WiFi he gets at home
  • cjkeane
    cjkeane Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    bouyaka wrote:
    cjkeane wrote:

I'm at a resort, so not sure of the WiFi limitations here; so I'm holding off doing any huge dl's over the WiFi until I get back.
  • Just stumbled in here after trying all weekend to get this running.

Lollipop OTA for my Nexus 5.

Puzzle Quest has loading screen including loading additional content then cuts to black and then back to the home screen.

I was doing really well in the pvp as well!

ugh. Hopefully there will be some remuneration for our inconvenience.
  • cjkeane
    Taargus wrote:
    Google Nexus 5

Android version 5.0
    Build number LRX21O

Loads to 100% then immediately crashes.

I've been experiencing this since the moment I upgraded to Lollipop on whatever day that was they released the OTA update. I meant to post before then, but have been a busy. Is there going to be some sort of compensation for those of us who haven't been able to play all this time? I was working on getting a much-needed Hulk black cover when I was suddenly unable to play.

lucky for me, my hulk is already at the max lvl so i didnt need any more hulk covers, however i've missed out on a ton of iso and other 3 star cards from other events so i'm beyond annoyed at this point as i'm sure others are.

not sure if there will be any compensation from the developer, but we shall see...
  • cjkeane
    Moon Roach wrote:
    cjkeane wrote:
    Thx for the info. Any other suggestions on other games which are deserving of our time?

Not on a tablet. The only games I have installed on mine now other than MPQ are Dots, Flow Free and Flow Free Bridges, a Sudoku game and Minecraft.

forgot to mention: i have been playing injustice gods amoung us for about a year and even after the lollipop upgrade, it still works. mind you, the game play is a bit repetitive, but the graphics and huge marvel character roster with different abilities for each character still make it enjoyable. there are a ton of single player missions and the pvp component is a bit more challenging, but a great game imho.

so now i only play clash of clans and injustice.
  • cjkeane wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    cjkeane wrote:
    Thx for the info. Any other suggestions on other games which are deserving of our time?

Not on a tablet. The only games I have installed on mine now other than MPQ are Dots, Flow Free and Flow Free Bridges, a Sudoku game and Minecraft.

forgot to mention: i have been playing injustice gods amoung us for about a year and even after the lollipop upgrade, it still works. mind you, the game play is a bit repetitive, but the graphics and huge marvel character roster with different abilities for each character still make it enjoyable. there are a ton of single player missions and the pvp component is a bit more challenging, but a great game imho.

I thought injustice was DC
  • cjkeane
    shmau wrote:
    cjkeane wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    cjkeane wrote:

I thought injustice was DC

My mistake icon_e_smile.gif guess I had a brain fart!
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    ***UPDATE (11/24/14):

Hi everyone, thanks for hanging in there while we work to correct the Android Lollipop issues. As I write this, we have a potential fix in testing. We hope to get the fix out by tomorrow. Thanks very much and we'll provide more news soon.
  • Hope is real.
  • cjkeane
    shmau wrote:
    Hope is real.

me too. been holding my breath for so long hoping for a fix that my face has turned blue like a smurf!
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]***UPDATE (11/24/14):

Hi everyone, thanks for hanging in there while we work to correct the Android Lollipop issues. As I write this, we have a potential fix in testing. We hope to get the fix out by tomorrow. Thanks very much and we'll provide more news soon.

I'm looking forward to it. It's been nice to have a break, but I am ready to get back in the game.
  • I just got a patch and my MPQ loaded up. Seems like the fix is in?
  • cjkeane
    shmau wrote:
    I just got a patch and my MPQ loaded up. Seems like the fix is in?

I havent received the patch yet. started MPQ and it got to 100%, went to a black screen and exited as usual.

where did you get the patch?
  • Automatically updated via google play.
  • cjkeane
    shmau wrote:
    Automatically updated via google play.

and it works?
    what phone and version do you have?
  • I am on a nexus 5 and I'm running the new lollipop.
  • cjkeane
    shmau wrote:
    I am on a nexus 5 and I'm running the new lollipop.

I'm on nexus 4, android 5 with the new lollipop, build lrx21t. still no patch send out.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    That would be the fix for the high-data-use bug.