Android Issues with Lollipop 5.0 (Updated***)

Comments

• I'm already so butthurt about this that if they compensate me with a token i'lll just quit lol
  • cjkeane
    cjkeane Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    futongus wrote:
    cjkeane wrote:
    Lidolas wrote:
    Just curious, is there a way for the devs to see which players are locked out and for how long they've been logged out? I think with all the requests of "compensation" that it would be important.

As a programmer myself, all that needs to be done is to run a query on all user accounts, detect which version of nexus/android they are using and the last log on after lollipop was issued. that's the premise anyways icon_e_smile.gif

maybe depending on how long they've been locked out they could be compensated more.
    I wouldn't be holding my breathe for any meaningful compensation. Nexus and early lollipop adopters are probably only tiny subset of the entire playing group and probably not worth the effort to properly figure out a way to be compensated. Like I said before I expect they will issue an apology, hand out a token or two (500 iso after I still the useless 2* I'll pull) and that will be that. I challenge them to prove me wrong tho

a 3 or 4 star 'usable' cover would be nice. usable meaning that you haven't upgraded that particular cover to the max level yet. iso is nice too, but we shall see what they end up doing.. its all about money to app developers / programmers so i don't expect much.
  • futongus wrote:
    cjkeane wrote:
    Lidolas wrote:
    Just curious, is there a way for the devs to see which players are locked out and for how long they've been logged out? I think with all the requests of "compensation" that it would be important.

As a programmer myself, all that needs to be done is to run a query on all user accounts, detect which version of nexus/android they are using and the last log on after lollipop was issued. that's the premise anyways icon_e_smile.gif

maybe depending on how long they've been locked out they could be compensated more.
    I wouldn't be holding my breathe for any meaningful compensation. Nexus and early lollipop adopters are probably only tiny subset of the entire playing group and probably not worth the effort to properly figure out a way to be compensated. Like I said before I expect they will issue an apology, hand out a token or two (500 iso after I still the useless 2* I'll pull) and that will be that. I challenge them to prove me wrong tho

IMO they've been pretty good about compensation thusfar but I(we?)'ve not seen them compensate something of this magnitude. Hell, I haven't been able to NOT play a game for this long b/c of game-issues in...forever(can't even remember a MMO its been this bad in).

Looking at MPQ's google play mobile review page, many people are unsatisfied and posting reviews 'this game no longer works since update'. They're going to have to do something about that or it'll scare off potential players.

Also, I tried to download a different game, Puzzles and Dragons, to fill the mobile-game hole for me, but surprise, surprise - Lollipop apparantly broke that game too(can't enter the game, reviews saying Lollipop broke the game, same as MPQ!). I only bring this up to say it doesn't seem to be an isolated incident.

As for the number of lollipop'ers, I can't say for sure, but they recently did a survey and here's the stats of MPQ's android population: (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18155)
    Android:
    50.4% of users are on 4.4.0
    A not unsizeable 2.5% are still sticking on 2.3.3

In just the last two releases, we've had users using 10,693 different models of Android devices. Of those, 8485 models have less than 10 users on them, and 4547 models have just one user. Fragmentation, it's a thing.

Because of the fragmentation, it's also rough getting an exact count on specific "overall" models of a device. For example, the Galaxy S3 has 22 different base identifiers (i9300, R530, l747, etc) and multiple sub-indentifiers when specific carriers mess with them. It's pretty easy to see that "Samsung" is the top manufacturer, but way harder to see specifically how many S3/S4/Note users we have without much digging.

Top Platforms (at a minimum):
    Galaxy S3 - 5.2%
    Galaxy S4 - 4.6%
    Galaxy S5 - 2.6%
    Nexus 7 - 2.1%
    Nexus 5 - 1.3%
    Note 3 - 1.1%

Top Manufacturers:
    Samsung - 49.8%
    LGE - 8.5%
    Sony - 5.4%
    HTC - 5.1%
    Motorola - 4.9%
    Demographics:
    As expected, the US is leading the way for both platforms.
    iOS - 42.8%
    Android - 34%

After that, things split out pretty wide between the platforms. UK sits at #2 on iOS at 8.1%, but #4 on Android at 4.6% of users.

Top 5s are:

iOS
    US - 42.8%
    UK - 8.1%
    Canada - 6%
    Japan - 3.8%
    Germany - 3.3%

Android
    US - 34%
    Brazil - 6%
    Russia - 5.2%
    UK - 4.6%
    Mexico - 3.7%
  • cjkeane wrote:
    yes blade is pretty good, but wonder woman (with a high enough cap) can put an invisibility tile on the board and in doing so she becomes invincible to everything! i had a hard time killing her with my hulk, captain america and punisher all at their max levels! so if she is an opponent, take her out quick or get her in your roster icon_e_smile.gif

Uh....I'm not sure if I can take anything you just said seriously.
  • The problem is that most of the Android users are still on 4.4.4. Almost all of us that updated to 5.0 did it by sideloading the OTA release and I don't expect that to be a huge number, so my expectations for a meaningful compensation are pretty low...
  • cjkeane
    raisinbman wrote:
    cjkeane wrote:
    yes blade is pretty good, but wonder woman (with a high enough cap) can put an invisibility tile on the board and in doing so she becomes invincible to everything! i had a hard time killing her with my hulk, captain america and punisher all at their max levels! so if she is an opponent, take her out quick or get her in your roster icon_e_smile.gif

Uh....I'm not sure if I can take anything you just said seriously.

It happened on one occasion to me where I just couldn't kill her until I matched her yellow invisibility tile to other yellow tiles to make her visible again.

I must admit though that using a combo of wolverine xforce, hulk and captain america are a great combo if they are high levels and blade as well but if you want the healing ability, and a great support character, black widow really helps out.. Especially if you can get her to heal the group and wolverine Ti heal himself.. You'll last longer in fights.. Just my two sense.. I hate her as an opponent.. I'll almost kill her, then she'll heal.. Kind of a pain lol
  • Kappei wrote:
    The problem is that most of the Android users are still on 4.4.4. Almost all of us that updated to 5.0 did it by sideloading the OTA release and I don't expect that to be a huge number, so my expectations for a meaningful compensation are pretty low...

I can't say either way since those statistics are outdated by a month or so. Was Lollipop even released then?
  • Not able to play since I updated my android to lollipop in my nexus 5.

Hoping for a good compensation because of this. At least some usable 3 and 4 star covers of the missed events.

Godspeed
    ~arpit
  • I did not side load, I got the update on
    schedule
  • I haven't been able to use puzzle quest in a week since my android update. We need a fix and update asap please. This season is now generally a wash for me now.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    I can't believe this issue hasn't been fixed yet. I've been locked out for over a week now. Like many of you, I've missed tournaments, missing ISO, and many even had an expired card or two. Extremely frustrating experience. I know compensation is unlikely because they can't tell who is having problems with the 5.0 upgrade from their end, but I hope a fix comes this week or I'll be likely be uninstalling the game for good.
  • cjkeane
    MrMcLaren wrote:
    I can't believe this issue hasn't been fixed yet. I've been locked out for over a week now. Like many of you, I've missed tournaments, missing ISO, and many even had an expired card or two. Extremely frustrating experience. I know compensation is unlikely because they provide a list can't tell who is having problems with the 5.0 upgrade from their end, but I hope a fix comes this week or I'll be uninspiring the game for good.

Just like you, a lot of us including me have been locked out for a week. Last night was the beginning of the last straw for me so I stated my search for another game worthy of my time and money. Any suggestions? I know the developer is working hard on a fix, but its coming a little too late in my opinion..
  • cjkeane wrote:
    MrMcLaren wrote:
    I can't believe this issue hasn't been fixed yet. I've been locked out for over a week now. Like many of you, I've missed tournaments, missing ISO, and many even had an expired card or two. Extremely frustrating experience. I know compensation is unlikely because they provide a list can't tell who is having problems with the 5.0 upgrade from their end, but I hope a fix comes this week or I'll be uninspiring the game for good.

Just like you, a lot of us including me have been locked out for a week. Last night was the beginning of the last straw for me so I stated my search for another game worthy of my time and money. Any suggestions? I know the developer is working hard on a fix, but its coming a little too late in my opinion..

If you find one let us know, as I mentioned I downloaded another game(PAD) but surprise surprise, Lollipop had licked that game into submission as well
  • Taargus
    Taargus Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Google Nexus 5

Android version 5.0
    Build number LRX21O

Loads to 100% then immediately crashes.

I've been experiencing this since the moment I upgraded to Lollipop on whatever day that was they released the OTA update. I meant to post before then, but have been a busy. Is there going to be some sort of compensation for those of us who haven't been able to play all this time? I was working on getting a much-needed Hulk black cover when I was suddenly unable to play.
  • cjkeane
    raisinbman wrote:
    cjkeane wrote:
    MrMcLaren wrote:

If you find one let us know, as I mentioned I downloaded another game(PAD) but surprise surprise, Lollipop had licked that game into submission as well

i found Dungeon Hunter 4 last night. have yet to play it yet, but the visuals look impressive. i was playing Frontline Commando 2 for quite a while and progressed quite far but even before i upgraded, the game would crash on some levels. That wasn't fixed with the upgrade to lillipop so sadly i deleted it last night. I have played thor, but it became too hard so after progressing as far as i could, i deleted it too. robocop is pretty good too. feel free to offer up your suggestions too!
  • Is dungeon hunter satisfactory?
  • cjkeane
    shmau wrote:
    Is dungeon hunter satisfactory?

From utube videos, dungeon hunter 4 is an impressive hack and slash genre. I'm out of town and don't want to exceed my WiFi limit so I'll download it when I get back in a few days. It is a rather large DL.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2014
    I played Dungeon Hunter 4 and recently uninstalled it. Every update is about 1GB, which is a tad large, but tolerable if you have a decent data plan.

The main problem was something you'll be familiar with. Slots. You have a limited number of inventory slots. When you collect the various charms / weapons / armour they take up slots. You can merge 2 level 1 charms of the same type to make a level 2 charm. But you need a slot for the 2 level 1 charms (just 1) and a slot for the level 2 charm. So far so good. But there are something like 8 types of charm, they go up above level 10, and so using just the provided slots is not possible. And don't get me started on the various types of armour and weapons you need inventory slots for.

You can buy inventory slots using the in-game currency. You can buy the in-game currency with real currency. It's a money pit. If you don't like pay-to-play in MPQ, you won't like pay-to-play in DH4.

edit: I just remembered the crafting; merging charms, upgrading weapons and armour and adding charms to both. That takes time, the higher the level the longer, I had charms that were taking over 24 hours to complete. You can speed up the process using the in-game currency.

The game play is repetitive, you have powers you can upgrade and choose a couple to have active, but hitting things is just tapping the screen.

Here's a not-terribly-positive review:

http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/110950/dungeon-hunter-4-is-out-for-android-you-wont-get-far-for-free/
  • cjkeane
    Moon Roach wrote:
    I played Dungeon Hunter 4 and recently uninstalled it. Every update is about 1GB, which is a tad large, but tolerable if you have a decent data plan.

The main problem was something you'll be familiar with. Slots. You have a limited number of inventory slots. When you collect the various charms / weapons / armour they take up slots. You can merge 2 level 1 charms of the same type to make a level 2 charm. But you need a slot for the 2 level 1 charms (just 1) and a slot for the level 2 charm. So far so good. But there are something like 8 types of charm, they go up above level 10, and so using just the provided slots is not possible. And don't get me started on the various types of armour and weapons you need inventory slots for.

You can buy inventory slots using the in-game currency. You can buy the in-game currency with real currency. It's a money pit. If you don't like pay-to-play in MPQ, you won't like pay-to-play in DH4.

The game play is repetitive, you have powers you can upgrade and choose a couple to have active, but hitting things is just tapping the screen.

Here's a not-terribly-positive review:

http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/110950/dungeon-hunter-4-is-out-for-android-you-wont-get-far-for-free/

Thx for the info. Any other suggestions on other games which are deserving of our time?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    cjkeane wrote:
    Thx for the info. Any other suggestions on other games which are deserving of our time?

Not on a tablet. The only games I have installed on mine now other than MPQ are Dots, Flow Free and Flow Free Bridges, a Sudoku game and Minecraft.