Android Issues with Lollipop 5.0 (Updated***)

Comments

• "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello,

We wanted to let you know that are aware some players are reporting that the game is not functioning with Android Lollipop (5.0) on some devices. We are currently investigating and working to address the issues folks are experiencing. However, we do not currently have a fix in place.

If you update your phone to Lollipop, the game may not start. We will update you as soon as we have more information. If you are experiencing problems, providing us with details listing your device and whether or not you are using the Full release or Beta release of the Lollipop update could be helpful as we investigate.

Thank you.

Is it possible to get an update on this from a dev? I've been unable to play for 2 days now and I'm already missing out on rewards, and I imagine I'll be missing out on Rocket & Groot.

I'm frustrated as it is with a 2 day delay, I can't imagine what it's like for those people who've been locked out for more than a week. And from what I've read on the forum, devs have been aware of this for close to a month now. (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17987&p=246273&hilit=lollipop#p237728)

I've a developer myself, so I can understand that things break that are beyond your control when your landscape is updated but the fact that they knew about this since the dev preview of Lollipop and never notified us that updating would break MPQ is pretty poor.
  • cjkeane
    cjkeane Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Walala84 wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello,

We wanted to let you know that are aware some players are reporting that the game is not functioning with Android Lollipop (5.0) on some devices. We are currently investigating and working to address the issues folks are experiencing. However, we do not currently have a fix in place.

If you update your phone to Lollipop, the game may not start. We will update you as soon as we have more information. If you are experiencing problems, providing us with details listing your device and whether or not you are using the Full release or Beta release of the Lollipop update could be helpful as we investigate.

Thank you.

Is it possible to get an update on this from a dev? I've been unable to play for 2 days now and I'm already missing out on rewards, and I imagine I'll be missing out on Rocket & Groot.

I'm frustrated as it is with a 2 day delay, I can't imagine what it's like for those people who've been locked out for more than a week. And from what I've read on the forum, devs have been aware of this for close to a month now. (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17987&p=246273&hilit=lollipop#p237728)

I've a developer myself, so I can understand that things break that are beyond your control when your landscape is updated but the fact that they knew about this since the dev preview of Lollipop and never notified us that updating would break MPQ is pretty poor.

I am one of those you speak of who have been locked out of the game for more than a week now. It is very frustrating. If the issue isn't fixed soon, I guess I'll have to find some other game app more worthy of my time.
  • Android 5.0, full release
    Nexus 5

The app crashes after the preliminary "Loading" screen.
  • I think D3 will be forced to fix this issue soon.

Right now, its just Nexus devices, but once Lollipop hits the more popular Motorola, LG, and Samsung devices by the end of the year, D3 will be losing out on a ton of money.
  • I'm wondering if I should wait to install Lollipop or do it now and get the "sorry" reward D3 will give to all those affected icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Nexus 5 OTA
  • JeanPh1l wrote:
    I'm wondering if I should wait to install Lollipop or do it now and get the "sorry" reward D3 will give to all those affected icon_e_biggrin.gif

Lollipop is an amazing OS, its just too bad developers don't give a **** about testing products that are already out the door.
  • Lollipop is an amazing OS, its just too bad developers don't give a **** about testing products that are already out the door.

Yeah I've been waiting for months for this update ... too bad I have to choose between upgrading or playing MPQ !!
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    JeanPh1l wrote:
    Lollipop is an amazing OS, its just too bad developers don't give a **** about testing products that are already out the door.

Yeah I've been waiting for months for this update ... too bad I have to choose between upgrading or playing MPQ !!

Eventually, it might not give you the choice. My phone finally decided to upgrade and I am now stuck with lollipop, which is pretty cool, but I'm locked out of MPQ. I blame my wife. icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif
  • Nexus 7, 2012, OTA lollipop.

Note to self: remember to check forum for known bugs before upgrading icon_e_sad.gif
  • Nexus 5, Android 5.0.

App is completely unusable. My alliance will probably boot me if I don't show up in the next couple of days without notice. When will this be fixed?

*headdesk*
  • If we all get kicked from our Teams, we could start a new one: The dismissed Lollipops
  • How about "The Discarded Lollipops"? XD

I rather like my alliance, though. Full of active, interesting people.

I just noticed that the devs have known about this for a while. It would be great to get an update, guys & gals!
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    That alliance has got to be called "The Lollipop Guild"
  • Time to break out an old tablet or phone and tether it to your Nexus 5.... What a joke.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    That alliance has got to be called "The Lollipop Guild"

Does that make Android the tornado? And MPQ the Wicked Witch? icon_lol.gif
  • cjkeane
    Same as most everyone. Have a Nexus 5 here, soon as I got Lollipop MPQ shut down on installing stage of opening screen. Murdering me in the tourney. Pity, I need that Hulk to bring to cap.

Fortunately for me, I already have hulk, captain america and punisher at their MAX so I didn't need the hulk event. I still needed about 100,000+ of iso to upgrade a few more of my covers to their caps but the longer it takes to get a fix for the lollipop issue, the less inclined I am to do that..

Its a game worthy of money but not if issues aren't resolved in a timely manner [a couple of days - but not a week] they are slowly losing and / or will lose more potential money from this problem the longer it takes to get resolved not to mention a larger group of dedicated players.. Just my two sense worth..
  • cjkeane
    Kreissl2 wrote:
    If we all get kicked from our Teams, we could start a new one: The dismissed Lollipops

How about the disgruntled lollipops as the more people who complain, the more disgruntled we all get. I'm game, even though only 4-5 ppl in my alliance were active, they were dedicated. We were thinking of starting a new alliance anyways. If I get kicked from my current alliance, let's start a lollipop one! icon_e_wink.gif

Maybe we need to start a petition and if we get enough names, it'll become more of a priority to fix the issue.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    *UPDATE (11/20/14):

Hi folks, thanks so much for your continued patience as we work on the Android Lollipop-related issues. While we do not yet have a fix in place, we wanted to reassure you that we care very much about getting this fixed as soon as possible. We have a senior engineer dedicated and actively working to solve the varied issues we are experiencing. In fact, we've been hard-at-work on this for some time, as the Lollipop update is fairly massive, with many changes involved.

As soon as we have fixes in place we will be pushing them out immediately.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.
  • My precious tournamentsss