Android Issues with Lollipop 5.0 (Updated***)

Comments

• Same as all the above. Could this be the end of my 280 daily plays of MPQ?
    Too bad if it is. A week without being able to play, might convince me to stop playing altogether.
    Model : Nexus 4
    Android Version : 5.0
    Build #: LRX21T
  • Same issue as everyone else, just upgraded my Nexus 4 to Lollipop over the air and the game crashes after loading. I'm worried about my daily reward streak as well icon_e_sad.gif
  • Same issue with my Nexus 4. The game sits on the loading screen and then goes back to the home screen.
  • Just updated to Lollipop on my Nexus 5, same problem. Sucks because I was top 10 in the simulator, really wanted the 3 falcon covers.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    singlewood wrote:
    Is there any other way to play the game as my 380 odd day loyalty bonus is about to be wiped. icon_e_sad.gif
    Do you have another device and a Facebook backed-up save game?

Do you mean it will be wiped because you got the cover but haven't applied or sold it, or because it's coming up soon in the daily rewards? If you haven't hit that day yet, it will pick up right where you left off -- it doesn't reset back to zero.
  • Phone: Nexus 5
    Android version: 5.0
    Build: LRX210

Load screen comes up and then game exits to Home screen.
  • Nexus 5
    Android Version: 5.0
    Build Number: LRX210

Naturally a little bit frustrating, experiencing the same problems with loading as everybody else is. I know there are problems with Nexus 7 as well, but I haven't updated mine yet.

Worst part is the stall in playing - this sort of game if you can't play your once a day you end losing the will to continue playing. As far as I remember last time having problems, at least you don't lose daily progress (would really suck for me as I'm sitting around mid 380...)
  • cjkeane
    cjkeane Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Hi.
    First I want to say that I have really enjoyed playing marvel puzzle quest and i was a very dedicated player, playing several times daily. I have a very large roster and my characters were upgraded to very high levels making gameplay enjoyable. That being said, I upgraded the O/S on my nexus google phone last night thinking nothing of it and loved all the new updates to the phone. The first thing i tried though was to play marvel puzzle quest and i was saddenned to see it start to load then just shutdown. Once, it even said loading and i noticed the percentage increase to 100% but then shut down just as it has happened to a lot of users of this form.

i did download the pc version on steam, hoping it would sync up with my facebook backup, but to my surprise, there was no way to sync so i started fresh which is not what i want. it took me way too long to get to the point in the game on my phone.

so, these are my phone stats.

nexus google phone
    model number: 4
    android version: 5.0
    build number: lrx21t
    is the baseband number required as well?

i hope a fix can be applied sooner than later or i may just never play again.
  • Nexus 5
    Build Number: LRX21O

Same issue as everyone else here.
  • Still no solution? from 14 to now 18......
  • cjkeane
    cjkeane Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Just updated to Lollipop on my Nexus 5, same problem. Sucks because I was top 10 in the simulator, really wanted the 3 falcon covers.

I was gaining in the ranks in both the sim, and top 20 in the other events. was looking forward to getting 3 more 3 star covers so i could upgrade my covers even more.
    i would have had my wolverine xforce upgraded to the lvl 188 cap tonight, but alas i cannot log in because of the upgrade to my nexus 4 icon_e_sad.gif

it is annoying though that all the other games i play on my phone: class of clans, injustice, fightback, etc all still work since the upgrade of the O/S. hope this issue with marvel puzzle quest is fixed soon,
  • ahem_
    ahem_ Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Nexus 7
    Model: ME370T
    Build Number: LRX21P

I installed R65 on a vanilla install of Android 5.0 (Lollipop) today and now the game crashes at the "LOADING" screen.

Uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled multiple times and the crashes still happen. This is the only game/application that has been crashing.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    singlewood wrote:
    Is there any other way to play the game as my 380 odd day loyalty bonus is about to be wiped. icon_e_sad.gif
    Do you have another device and a Facebook backed-up save game?

Do you mean it will be wiped because you got the cover but haven't applied or sold it, or because it's coming up soon in the daily rewards? If you haven't hit that day yet, it will pick up right where you left off -- it doesn't reset back to zero.

Oh right, no reset, phew.

Cheers, appreciate the info. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Nexus 5 LRX210
    Nexus 7 (original) LRX21P

Both show the same issue as everyone else is reporting. Loading screen progresses then exits back to the Android home screen.

It would be nice if I could play this game at all right now. If only the PC (Steam) version sync'd with my Android version...
  • Hey everybody. My Nexus 5 running the official lollipop release also can't run the game. For those of you that wish you could go back to KitKat, and have a Nexus device, you can! Though it will wipe your phone. Here at the Google Factory Images:

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Let me know if you need help with the process.

I do want to go on the record though. The developer should have been aware of these problems LONG before the official release of Lollipop. And shame on them for not blocking post-kitkat downloads. It's a simple flag in the apps manifest file. Jeez.

Jared
  • Nexus 10
    Android 5.0
    Build: LRX21P

Same issue as all else, crashes after loading screen.
  • Hey everybody. My Nexus 5 running the official lollipop release also can't run the game. For those of you that wish you could go back to KitKat, and have a Nexus device, you can! Though it will wipe your phone. Here at the Google Factory Images:

I do want to go on the record though. The developer should have been aware of these problems LONG before the official release of Lollipop. And shame on them for not blocking post-kitkat downloads. It's a simple flag in the apps manifest file. Jeez.

Jared

someone should buy a shotgun go to their desginer house and shoot everything he see icon_twisted.gif
  • benben77 wrote:
    Hey everybody. My Nexus 5 running the official lollipop release also can't run the game. For those of you that wish you could go back to KitKat, and have a Nexus device, you can! Though it will wipe your phone. Here at the Google Factory Images:

Jared

someone should buy a shotgun go to their desginer house and shoot everything he see icon_twisted.gif

That escalated quickly.
  • psmith104 wrote:
    benben77 wrote:
    Hey everybody. My Nexus 5 running the official lollipop release also can't run the game. For those of you that wish you could go back to KitKat, and have a Nexus device, you can! Though it will wipe your phone. Here at the Google Factory Images:

Jared

That escalated quickly.

perfectly
  • I'm experiencing this issue on my Nexus 5. I updated to Lollipop on Monday completely unaware that there was a compatibility issue. It would have been great to know about this before I updated, but it seems like this is the only place it's mentioned.

Maybe D3Publisher could put a little more effort into making players aware of this issue. Possibly sending out in-game push notifications or annotating it on the Google Play store description and not burying it in a forum.

As all of us are missing out on our daily drops and knowing our rankings in various competitions are dropping, I find it a more than upsetting that this was a known issue that some of us could have avoided.

I've sunk a few bucks into this FTP, and while I haven't broken the bank on it, it's more than I would spend on most apps. A fun game deserves a few bucks, but I have a hard time justifying spending any more money on a game that not only has severe capability issues, but is backed by a company who seems to have a lukewarm response to this issue.

I might have a little more faith in this issue being fixed some time soon if there was an update, considering that the post acknowledging the issue was made last Friday (11/14).