Android Issues with Lollipop 5.0 (Updated***)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
Hello,

We wanted to let you know that are aware some players are reporting that the game is not functioning with Android Lollipop (5.0) on some devices. We are currently investigating and working to address the issues folks are experiencing. However, we do not currently have a fix in place.

If you update your phone to Lollipop, the game may not start. We will update you as soon as we have more information. If you are experiencing problems, providing us with details listing your device and whether or not you are using the Full release or Beta release of the Lollipop update could be helpful as we investigate.

Thank you.

*UPDATE (11/20/14):

Hi folks, thanks so much for your continued patience as we work on the Android Lollipop-related issues. While we do not yet have a fix in place, we wanted to reassure you that we care very much about getting this fixed as soon as possible. We have a senior engineer dedicated and actively working to solve the varied issues we are experiencing. In fact, we've been hard-at-work on this for some time, as the Lollipop update is fairly massive, with many changes involved.

As soon as we have fixes in place we will be pushing them out immediately.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

**UPDATE (11/21/14):

A quick update again to let you know that we are working on and testing through a few possible fixes internally and will continue to do so over the weekend. We'll have a further update on Monday. We're hopeful we can deliver some good news but cannot guarantee any solutions just yet. Thank you for your continued patience as we work on these complex issues!

***UPDATE (11/24/14):

Hi everyone, thanks for hanging in there while we work to correct the Android Lollipop issues. As I write this, we have a potential fix in testing. We hope to get the fix out by tomorrow. Thanks very much and we'll provide more news soon.

star.png UPDATE #2 (11/24/14):

A small update is now live for Android and we believe that issues with Lollipop 5.0 have been fixed. We apologize for the inconvenience! Please dive in and have fun!

Comments

• hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    HTC Nexus 9

Android Version 5.0
    Build LRX21L

Exits after load screen.
  • Brutalmusic
    Brutalmusic Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Phone: Nexus 5
    Android version: 5.0
    Build number: LRX21O

Load screen comes up and says 'loading...'. Load screen image goes away and then 'loading...' goes away one second later when it shuts down.
  • Phone: Nexus 5
    Build: LRX210

Crashes on initial

Load screen comes up and says 'loading...'. Load screen image goes away and then 'loading...' goes away one second later when it shuts down.
    load screen
    Same for me.
  • Nexus 9 running Android 5.0 build LRX21L.
    Same issues of not getting past load screen.
  • Bugga
    Bugga Posts: 10
    Tablet: Nexus 7 2013
    Android: 5.0
    Build: LRX21P (Full release)
  • Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (2013) (Wi-Fi only)
    Android version: 5.0 (Lollipop) razer
    Build number: LRX21P

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app from Google Play store, but was unsuccessful.
  • Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 (Wi-Fi)
    Build: LRX21P
  • Nexus 5
    Version 5.0
    Build # LRX210

Loads then closes.
  • Game crashed at second loading screen.

Android 5.0 Lollipop

Build LRX21T

Nexus 4
  • Having the same issue. Loading screen appears, then the screen goes black and the loading text stays on screen for a few seconds before exiting to the home screen.

Nexus 5, updated to LRX21O from KTU84P. It's the OTA update but you can sideload it. See the build link from Google below.

http://android.clients.google.com/packa ... a33561.zip
  • All lollipop devices? Only Nexus lollipop devices? Do we have any other devices that have been upgraded, did the LG G3 or Moto X get it yet?

Anyway it worked on my Nexus 5 till Over the Air update. Now I'm having the same issues everyone else is having here. Build LRX21O
    Doesn't work on my Nexus 9 either which has always been on a final lollipop build LRX21L

Sometimes it gives an option to send a crash report but most of the time it doesn't. I've sent 1 or 2.

Luckily I have an old Galaxy S3 that is hanging around so have been able to play but it would be nice if this issue is fixed soon so I can play on my devices that I carry with me.

It is mostly disappointing because this is why they have developer previews of new versions of mobile OSes and this problem was at least reported in the forums while only that release was out. I was told by support through email that this was a known issue over a week ago and it's only now that someone is gathering user information on a fix that doesn't sound like it's been worked on yet.
  • Same issue here ota Lollipop, loads then closes. Please fix, I love your game!

• Yes, I'm having the same problem as above. I'm on a Nexus 5, Android 5.0, Build LRX210.
  • Downloaded Lollipop over the air and it crashes on loading screen. Thanks!

• Also I am still getting notifications from the game.
  • Same issue here. Loading screen shows up, but game goes to black then crashes to home screen afterwards.

Nexus 5 running LRX21O update
  • Hello i have a Nexus 5 as well, any new on the update??
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nexus 4
    Android 5.0
    Build LRX21T

Get's loading screen, then crashes.
  • Update: no change with R65
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I don't remember: is it possible to delay upgrading the OS until we get a fixed MPQ app? I'll likely be getting the OTA update for my Nexus 4 soon, but I don't want to get screwed out of Hulk covers in the PvP.