Nefarious Foes - Matchmaking Test - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    This happened last time they messed with MMR. It's because they reset everyone's MMR so everyone is equally. By this time tomorrow I'm sure it will begin to look normal. It's just going to be rough for a bit.

If everyone was equal, wouldn't we still be able to see some 2* teams though?
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I have 2 lvl 142 characters and a few 100+. I clicked into nefarious foes curious as to what the new MMR would be like. 300+ characters in all 3 starting nodes. It spooked me and I haven't been back in. I don't care much for a mystique but yeah Max teams at the start is kind of discouraging.

Edit: also running into 166 walls as soon as I'm through the seed teams. Shame on me for expecting this to be something positive lol.
  • DubbaHuss
    DubbaHuss Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Has anyone tried tanking since event started? Is it still effective?
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DubbaHuss wrote:
    Tanking did not work in LRs
  • futongus wrote:
    I have 2 lvl 142 characters and a few 100+. I clicked into nefarious foes curious as to what the new MMR would be like. 300+ characters in all 3 starting nodes. It spooked me and I haven't been back in. I don't care much for a mystique but yeah Max teams at the start is kind of discouraging.

Keep in mind your characters will get a buff too, so if those 142s are villians they should be around 285 buffed
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2014
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:
    all seed teams are the same levels for everyone. we need to see what the guys with no 3 stars are seeing.

You called?
    I'm getting maxed 3*s immediately (no seed teams) where my own team maxes out with 3 lvl 120 3*s, none of which are part of the currently boosted villains.

No matter which way you look at it, Demiurge managed to make the impossible possible; they actually conceived of a way to make MMR and matchups even worse!!!

[EDIT]
    Having given this some further thought; I'm not going to play this event. I hope everyone else debating in this thread and complaining about this insanity is going to do the same: lay down your arms and step away from this event. Let's ensure the user engagement takes a big hit.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah really no point in playing this PVP
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    Options
    DubbaHuss wrote:

Tanked my entire roster (50+ characters) in the nefarious foes pvp. Made zero difference to what I was seeing. Still max teams.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DuckyV wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    This happened last time they messed with MMR. It's because they reset everyone's MMR so everyone is equally. By this time tomorrow I'm sure it will begin to look normal. It's just going to be rough for a bit.

If everyone was equal, wouldn't we still be able to see some 2* teams though?

In theory yes, but if you had a 2* team and all you saw was a wall of 3*'s, are you going to join? In addition its still early for PvP, and with a PvE going on you probably won't see many people other than the hardcores right of the bat.
  • DubbaHuss
    DubbaHuss Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mr Stoat wrote:
    DubbaHuss wrote:

Tanked my entire roster (50+ characters) in the nefarious foes pvp. Made zero difference to what I was seeing. Still max teams.

Oh my, that's not good at all. Okay D3, count me in the Hell No pile please!
  • man at 200 and ive already been attacked like 8 times, this is quite the gentle nudge
  • theshadeofopal
    theshadeofopal Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Is this whole thing a wag the dog scenario to get us to stop talking about 395 scaled pve fights? Or did the devs just want an informal poll of whether the community thinks they are: a. incompetent, or b. greedy. I look forward to the 2 moonstone dropping mystique tokens we'll get to make up for this catastrafuck.
  • After tolerating all the developer missteps over the past year, I now, at long last, have the answer to the question, "what would make me quit MPQ?"

This is just a test and given the feedback so far, not going to be a permanent change, but it's always interesting to see people break new ground in incompetence.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After tolerating all the developer missteps over the past year, I now, at long last, have the answer to the question, "what would make me quit MPQ?"

This is just a test and given the feedback so far, not going to be a permanent change, but it's always interesting to see people break new ground in incompetence.

Failure:
    If at first you don't succeed FAILURE might be your style!!
  • JustDan13
    Options
    Maybe the intent was to make PvP only for the top-end rosters? I can't win any of my options, but maybe that's supposed to motivate me to spend RL money to buff my roster to the point where I can participate in PvP? If so, then they missed slightly, but at this point I'm just scratching my head wondering what in the world they thought this would accomplish besides pissing everybody off.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So....this test isn't the best. It's also not the worst yet. How are the brackets? Are the veterans with big rosters and lots of maxed going into the same brackets as the lower 1 star.png and 2 star.png rosters? That would be the worst. Nothing like getting **** points against ridiculous teams while others in your bracket are having an easier time. If that is the case, super broken and no good. If it isn't, then this isn't a terrible beta. If the bracket is the same struggle for everyone in it, then they're at least going in a somewhat good direction. I think the biggest thing they're trying to do is bring down scoring....which I'm not that big of a fan of. It's only the beginning now, so I'm still curious to see how the entire event goes. I'll probably need to start soon tho to score higher as my heroes and health packs will be dwindling quickly!
  • To add to the anecdotal evidence, my first non-seed node is 166 icon_thor.png, 332 icon_sentry.png, 332 icon_hood.png. The best team I can field is 332 icon_hood.png, 306 icon_sentry.png, 224 icon_magneto.png.

I guess I come out ahead on levels, so that seems to put me ahead of most of the other forumites, but that's still going to be a painful match.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I added a Poll to summarize how people feel about the new and improved matchmaking.

Hopefully, it contains enough options to capture the current feelings.

You can change your answers if it levels out and ends some place you like.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I still want to see how this plays out, and honestly as someone who really hated needing to tank I hope they did find a way to remove it.

Though if this is the new reality progressions rewards are going to need a major overhaul.