Nefarious Foes - Matchmaking Test - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Kingofpopcorn
    Kingofpopcorn Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    Is it me or LR is affected by the change too ?
    Seriously I stopped right away.
    Losing your best chars for 20 pts and 70 ISO... Lost by skipping the next fights.
    If the game is going that way. I'll just paly the seed teams for fun.
    Thank you D3 I'm not playing that event.
    I hope you will rollabck this tiny Kitty change asap.

You didn't wanted to give more rewards for players reaching high scores.
    No you forced us to make less points.

Seriously it sucks
  • Did they adjust the MMR also for the lightning rounds? if so, then yes I would agree so far NOT impressed. Reaching a wall MUCH faster than normal. couldn't even get past 50 points without seeing walls of enemies i couldn't beat and skipping around kept bringing up the same ones after a few tries.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Without hesitation or exaggeration, this by far the dumbest thing I have ever, ever seen in this game. In all seriousness, someone should lose their job for this. You instituted an MMR that tinny kitties from the very first node of an event. But that is not the worst part. The worst part is you have to ask players how they will react to this.

Oh wait, that is not the worst part. The worst part is you decided to give new character covers as rewards for the experimental event. I'm usually willing to give mpq the benefit of the doubt, more than I should according to some. But, honestly, say it out loud: new rewards for a new MMR system that you know is so bad going into it that you have to warn players because you SHOULD know that they will loathe it. In every company I have worked at, I don't know anyone that would survive this kind of decision.

Dont forget they also did it in an atypical event type which is out of season.....since that will give solid metrics about how people play the average season PVP.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2014
    Options
    <Removed image with offensive language (against forum rules)>
    Are you kidding me? So the new tweak is i have to shield hop right from the start????? Yeah.. Great..
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh come on D3, did you seriously decide to test the PvP that is handing out the brand new covers? This is just asking for trouble.

It's been known for a bit that Mystique would be rewarded in this event. Of course, I (nor anyone else it seems) didn't put two and two together.

Also of course they did it this way.
    Not really, the article said the one on the 14th would reward the covers
  • MarvelMan
    Options
    As a side note, Im seeing 332 Hood/Laken/Sentry on EVERY node, even after skipping.

In a dozen skips I saw one team that swapped Laken for CMag, and one where Laken was 310 vs 332. Awesome variety in team comp.
  • Wow, this sounds like quite the funfest. I think I'll join 6 hours before the end...
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Even though I did terribly in the release pve, I kind of think I'm going to blow this off entirely if it's going to be hood sentry lakens from 0 points
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Could someone seeing high 300s add a handful more 1* to their roster to see if it has any effect?
  • Kingofpopcorn
    Kingofpopcorn Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    Ha ha ha

The first of my LR bracket has only 2 stars maxed.
    Super demi/D3 ! Realy nice shot.
  • Jorit
    Jorit Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Well it is powered up Villains and most of the best defensive guys are Villains if understand the game correctly. I am still trying to transition to 3* team and facing off with endless teams I CAN beat but pretty much put my team at 50% health is rough.
  • MarvelMan
    Options
    user311 wrote:
    Could someone seeing high 300s add a handful more 1* to their roster to see if it has any effect?

I already have a handful of 1* on my roster (TU use), plus a ton of 15s, 40s and 70s.
  • GTannen73
    GTannen73 Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not starting yet, but I have the seed teams ready to go. They are:

MonkeyMan_1204: icon_doctordoom.png 106, icon_moonstone.png 92, icon_juggernaut.png 22
    too_many_pants: icon_doctordoom.png 86, icon_venom.png 60, icon_juggernaut.png 50
    B4C0N_M4G1C: icon_doctordoom.png 86, icon_moonstone.png 92, star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_magneto.png 178

Yow. Is this D3's way of telling me to cut back on bacon? For the record, my highest characters are: (unbuffed)

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.png 152
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png 146
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_wolverine.png all 140
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    in the lighting round I saw lots of 2* teams in the top 10. I don't know if this is working as intended.
    My starting nodes for Nefarious Foes all max Senty/Hood.

I am seeing my black doc Ock and X-Force cover waive good bye to me as my MMR is now through the roof.
  • all seed teams are the same levels for everyone. we need to see what the guys with no 3 stars are seeing.
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    As a side note, Im seeing 332 Hood/Laken/Sentry on EVERY node, even after skipping.

In a dozen skips I saw one team that swapped Laken for CMag, and one where Laken was 310 vs 332. Awesome variety in team comp.

im also seeing this now in the current LR. usually at this point, there are 2* teams that i can pick off for 25points. i think this change also effects lrs like kingofpopcorn said above
  • this change is aweful and i hope there won't be many people spending alot of HP on this event.
    If they see they make less money from this "test" they will change it back to normal.
  • If I wanted a miserable match 3 experience I'd go back to playing Candy Crush.

No thanks MPQ, but keep pissing in the face of the veterans that actually kept this game afloat.
  • It seems like the new matchmaking system is just based on your roster level. My initial teams are all maxed, buffed characters, some with 0pts using teams that make me think they are the equivalent of a seed team where the player hasn't actually entered the tournament yet. My MMR couldn't have been too high as I only scored 987 in Children the Atom and I had a steady stream of losses throughout.

I think this unduly punishes high level players. If everyone were only matched to comparable people, players with high level rosters would have a much harder time just reaching the same progression rewards because we'd only have access to a smaller pool of more active people. Indeed, people in my alliance have reported multiple hits before 300 points. Moreover, this has also made Lightning Rounds much more difficult, so we are doubly punished.

Please go back to before, thanks. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    djsquillz wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:

im also seeing this now in the current LR. usually at this point, there are 2* teams that i can pick off for 25points. i think this change also effects lrs like kingofpopcorn said above
    Yes, after seed teams in the LR all I get is maxed teams, even if I skip 10 times.

Bravo devs, for making PVP now unplayable for vets too.