Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kalirion wrote:
    TazFTW wrote:
    Black Panther's Battleplan

Oh, lol, true. My bad.

But if I'm at 9 black with BP, there would be very few cases I think where I'd not wait for 3 more...

When your nodes are 200+ you can't afford to wait around 3+ more turns for a miracle black to appear. 12 black is very hard to come by when 5 blue, 5 red, or 6 green means the death of a character - not to mention the clocking ticking on any of the insta death CD tiles. If the AI abilities cost 9 to fire off it would be a different story but denying 2 matches of half the colors is very difficult, especially when a single cascade basically fuels all of them. Storm black can usually guarantee a kill of one them, reducing the number of colors you need to deny.

If there's a cluster of black near a three match I may wait a turn or two more, but usually as soon as a black match is available the AI takes it anyway.
  • The covers an enemy may have can be overwritten on a node by node basis but this is rarely used. It is almost always just a function of a level which is another way having lower scaling translates to a far larger advantage than just the differencei n levels, as some enemies are pretty crazy when they have 5/5/5. Pretty much anything at level 100 or higher will have 5/5/5 unless it's overwritten on purpose (for example, there was a 5/5/0 Magneto at level 230 in the first iteration of TaT).

I'm using BP/Wolv/GSBW and I don't get much use out of GSBW because I've had maybe one fight so far where I was able to use Sniper Rifle and it's weaker than Rage of the Panther and costs way more.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Heroics are like the bastard love child of a one night stand between Balance of Power and Combined Arms.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Why are the nodes so over-difficult? Is the difficulty set by your highest character (who can't be used)? Is it the mean of your usable characters? This thing is completely ridiculous. I was wiped out by an "easy" node yesterday, and nearly lost a "trivial" node today.

If a "trivial" level can wipe you out, then the game is broken. They need to retool the algorithm.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    anyone knows whether RB is weak or strong this time round?

I'm at first spot, but I will be travelling later so I won't be able to play for several hours. Hence I have been rigorously keeping to the 2.5 hr refresh, hoping to build a good lead..

And tinykitty, this event is tough. I so hated that 2* daken is given blue ability. His blue and ares green is impossible to deny....

And of course that head butt....
  • Westy3079
    Options
    I'm waiting to start this late as I'm using bp in pvp.. All these comments really not making me want to start at all! But of course I'll do it.. For the alliance! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • RB has been weak but you'll get about 2000 base points for doing all nodes except the hard branch (lower right) so assume a modest 50% rubberband you're still going to lose 3000 points each cycle you miss.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think is the folirst time that I felt an Heroic mode that I'm struggling to beat/do well. Fortunate if I make it to top #150 & maintain it, as my roster (with only 3 characters not fully built/levelled out of 8) is seemingly too weak to win these nodes.
  • atomzed wrote:
    anyone knows whether RB is weak or strong this time round?

I'm at first spot, but I will be travelling later so I won't be able to play for several hours. Hence I have been rigorously keeping to the 2.5 hr refresh, hoping to build a good lead..

And tinykitty, this event is tough. I so hated that 2* daken is given blue ability. His blue and ares green is impossible to deny....

And of course that head butt....

This is the event where RB is at it's strongest.

Start early and the first node is worth 100. Start it now and it's worth 650. It's one of the many reason people hate it.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ark123 wrote:

This is the event where RB is at it's strongest.

Start early and the first node is worth 100. Start it now and it's worth 650. It's one of the many reason people hate it.

Oh boy... Then my effort probably will be for naught.

Oh well, I won't have time to play during my travel anyway. I just grind as optimally as I can and see how the community scaling affect those late comers.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As far as I'm concerned the only good thing about this event is that there's no overlap between the characters I have to choose from and my A-, B- or even C-Team for the Thor and Colossus events. (Except for Colossus, of course, but I can use the loaner.)
  • ark123 wrote:

Start early and the first node is worth 100.

Just a minor correction the base point value for "The Juggernaut" is 130.
  • Posted this to the other thread already, but figured I'd repost here. My bracket is at 468 people and #1 has about 14K. I just cleared my first 8 nodes and it dropped me at about 10K.

Note that those 8 nodes ate all of my health packs, including the one that you get as a progression. Unless it looks like i won't place, I don't see myself dropping HP on health packs in this one.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fievel wrote:
    Posted this to the other thread already, but figured I'd repost here. My bracket is at 468 people and #1 has about 14K. I just cleared my first 8 nodes and it dropped me at about 10K.

Note that those 8 nodes ate all of my health packs, including the one that you get as a progression. Unless it looks like i won't place, I don't see myself dropping HP on health packs in this one.

People drop HP on HEALTH PACKS?

I'm kidding, I know you can, but seriously of all the ways to spend HP in this game, I would argue that Health Packs are the most frivolous.
  • i m in top ten but i feel i hate to retry a single mission 100 tiimes
  • The rubberband is quite weak if you're not in a position that's already out of contention for top 10 but since you got about 2K worth of base points not even counting the bottom right, it doesn't take too many cycles before your lead shrinks. I'm seeing a lead of 10K between #1 and #10 (~50K to ~40K) but 10K is only worth for 3-4 cycles worth of points which is about half a day of inactivity. Yes the difficulty is hard enough that even hitting the area minus lower right is hard, but it's definitely doable so don't expect a lead to hold for long.
  • If there is a Hell and if I end up there, I now know how Satan will be tormenting me for all eternity. Thanks, D3!
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The rubberband is quite weak if you're not in a position that's already out of contention for top 10 but since you got about 2K worth of base points not even counting the bottom right, it doesn't take too many cycles before your lead shrinks. I'm seeing a lead of 10K between #1 and #10 (~50K to ~40K) but 10K is only worth for 3-4 cycles worth of points which is about half a day of inactivity. Yes the difficulty is hard enough that even hitting the area minus lower right is hard, but it's definitely doable so don't expect a lead to hold for long.

Yup, at one point I had a 6,400 lead over 2nd place, 10,500 over 10th. Was hoping I could cruise into a Nick Fury blue, but went to sleep, without grinding down nodes b/c I wasted my healthpacks in the Thor PVP that I got knocked out of the Top 100 in the last 10 minutes. Woke up in 2nd place. After one clear of all but the now Deadly last node, back in first, but looks like I will have to be playing a little bit more frequently to secure that Nick Fury blue.
  • denouement wrote:
    If there is a Hell and if I end up there, I now know how Satan will be tormenting me for all eternity. Thanks, D3!

How can you be sure that it hasn't already happened?
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    The rubberband is quite weak if you're not in a position that's already out of contention for top 10 but since you got about 2K worth of base points not even counting the bottom right, it doesn't take too many cycles before your lead shrinks. I'm seeing a lead of 10K between #1 and #10 (~50K to ~40K) but 10K is only worth for 3-4 cycles worth of points which is about half a day of inactivity. Yes the difficulty is hard enough that even hitting the area minus lower right is hard, but it's definitely doable so don't expect a lead to hold for long.

Yup, at one point I had a 6,400 lead over 2nd place, 10,500 over 10th. Was hoping I could cruise into a Nick Fury blue, but went to sleep, without grinding down nodes b/c I wasted my healthpacks in the Thor PVP that I got knocked out of the Top 100 in the last 10 minutes. Woke up in 2nd place. After one clear of all but the now Deadly last node, back in first, but looks like I will have to be playing a little bit more frequently to secure that Nick Fury blue.

Sounds like you're in the sweet spot for rosters. The last 4 daken nodes aren't worth playing (all are 230 - 270) and you will take 600-1000 a turn in match damage. Worldrunner stated his nodes were at around 210 at the start of the event, those 270 X Forces and Furies are really pulling their weight this event.