Heroic: Juggernaut Nov 6 - 9

Options

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks guys. Just trying to figure out some ray of light in this big pve mess.

So far the best method is still go for 12 blacktile.png and 19 greentile.png. repeat.

Worst PVE ever.

If the game looks like its going to 19 green you're usually already dead. GSBW needs AP steals or protection to get things rolling.
  • _RiO_ wrote:

Now do the same thing when facing lvl 100+ opponents, like everyone else that isn't just starting out...
    If you're not just starting out you should have a lvl94 A.wolvie and/or a 50 iron man, and/or a high level mnmags. It's still plenty possible.

Hell with a high level wolvie you even have true healing.
  • Battleplan is quite powerful and it can even punch through Daken's regen at least for now. Sniper Rifle just doesn't work very well in this event. The presence of Daken makes it harder to setup Deceptive Tactics and what I found is you usually can't hit 19 green with Deceptive Tactics and if you can't hit 19g then any other number is technically the same as about 6 (for Feral Claws). So far I'm using Deceptive Tactics as CD removal when it's relevent (usually against the Muscle).
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BUT I DON'T WANT A yellowflag.pngicon_blackpanther.png!

Can't we have a Blade progression reward since we got stiffed out of one during the Gauntlet?
  • I am getting destroyed on "normal" nodes. This is probably the toughest non-gauntlet PVE I've ever played.
  • They really need to stop having events that features guys who fight way above their level so that you feel like you totally suck at this game. Yes I know the power of a level 256 featured character is insignificant compared to the power of a level 100 Hood + Muscle + Juggernaut but it sure doesn't make you feel good when your level 256 major boosted characters get slapped by 3 level 100 guys.
  • Took a look yesterday evening, did a match this morning.
    Bailing out of this PvE. Playing shall be fun, at least for me, this PvE isn't for sure.

Hope, you guys dont get too angry and all your touch pads and smart phones will survive this PvE...

And remember, Mystique will be PvP reward in a couple days, too...
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Joined bracket 20 mins ago and it had 500, up to 800now
  • This event is just HORRIBLE. As someone said before, this is the toughest i ever played.
    I can say ByeBye to Mystique ... I can't win her.
  • Bulex wrote:
    This event is just HORRIBLE. As someone said before, this is the toughest i ever played.

I agree here totally horrible
  • benben77 wrote:
    Bulex wrote:
    This event is just HORRIBLE. As someone said before, this is the toughest i ever played.

I agree here totally horrible

I think this might be the first PvE since I started playing this game where I don't even bother entering. Without BP there's no point in grinding it out, as I won't place well enough. And the finish time is bad for me, so I won't be able to snipe a late bracket.

I think I'll just take it easy and **** around in the Shield Sim for the next few days, see if I can earn a better ranking in the season score. That extra Heroic token I might get is much better value for my time than the trash I'd get for placing >150.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bulex wrote:
    I totally agree it's way too hard, but it's way too hard for everyone. Play a little, enough to get by, and you will do alright.

I'd like Mystique, but I'm more concerned with getting that BP cover.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think I'm going to limit myself to just the essentials (which I'm still wiping on occasionally) then the easyish nodes. Haven't even unlocked half of the nodes yet, but my 6600 is good enough for 30th as it stands.
  • Anyone respec IM35 3/5/5 for this? Wondering what his blueflag.png damage is at 5 covers. Scores appear pretty low so far. My bracket:
    top 5: 16816 - 13879
    10: 12787
    50: about 8500

My current strategy (with an underpowered Panther) seems to be to suck up red and green from Juggernaut, then aim for pink to fuel either Magneto or Black Widow for AP collection. With Magneto, except against Daken I leave the Blue untouched, making it easy to get 15+ blue + other AP in a shot. My Panther is too weak... Needs about 3 rages + 2 battle plans. It's better for me to aim for Wolverine's Red + a rage. However, scaling is probably going to kill this strategy by next day.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Fun times. I was playing the Jugg/Hood/Goon essential when I got my GSBW's sniper rifle charged up with ~5500 health to spare. The next turn went like this: twin pistols, TU Thunderclap -> 3 green matches, headbutt (~1.5k left), unstoppable crash, match 5 from cascade, match 5 from cascade (~1200 health left), intimidation (200 left), match 4 and dead.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    Anyone respec IM35 3/5/5 for this? Wondering what his blueflag.png damage is at 5 covers. Scores appear pretty low so far. My bracket:
    top 5: 16816 - 13879
    10: 12787
    50: about 8500

My current strategy (with an underpowered Panther) seems to be to suck up red and green from Juggernaut, then aim for pink to fuel either Magneto or Black Widow for AP collection. With Magneto, except against Daken I leave the Blue untouched, making it easy to get 15+ blue + other AP in a shot. My Panther is too weak... Needs about 3 rages + 2 battle plans. It's better for me to aim for Wolverine's Red + a rage. However, scaling is probably going to kill this strategy by next day.
    maxed and powered up to level 90

blueflag.png 2585dmg. 3, 4 or 5 covers give him 1, 2 or 3 turn stun respectively. Damage stays the same.
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ugh I sold my *Iron Man the other day and everyone else I have is too weak, save Wolverine and GSBW, both of whom have been getting killed in this. I do need a yellow BP and Mystique so I'll try powering through but this will be a chore.
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Options
    You know you're in trouble when your main method of damage is using Magneto and tanking until you have enough Blue or Red AP... icon_mad.gif
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,502 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was really hoping for a blackflag.pngicon_blackpanther.png as the progression award, my BP is currently sitting at 5/3/3 and level 85. If the cover was black, I probably would bring him up to 153 with the rest of my characters (or as far as I could get him on still have a good Iso reserve.) As it stands, I may put him up to one of my low-100s staging levels. This is ****.

I'm with the guy who wondered earlier about the black BP covers. They certainly haven't been kind with them.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ugh I sold my *Iron Man the other day and everyone else I have is too weak, save Wolverine and GSBW, both of whom have been getting killed in this. I do need a yellow BP and Mystique so I'll try powering through but this will be a chore.
    Don't worry, nobody is using im35 effectively. He is still too weak and too expensive. The only method working is still get 12 blacktile.png or 19 greentile.png , repeat.