Heroic: Juggernaut Nov 6 - 9

Options

Comments

• Black Panther is more available than Colossus for anyone simply because he's available earlier, and it's probably not very hard to figure out Black Panther is pretty good while Colossus is not that great. Sure a 3/3/3 isn't as good as a 5/3/5 but if you're at the 3/3/3 stage you hopefully have more leninent scaling too.

This is pretty much one of those 'major boosted character goes 1on3' events, and since Black Panther isn't the featured character in a PvP during this time there's no special pressure to spend health packs. It'll probably be pretty easy at start when you can kill everything with a ROTP until scaling increases to a point where this is no longer possible.
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Somewhat sad none of my 2*s are available for this event, so all I can use is like 3 cover GSBW (with 2 in red and no green), 2 cover BP and 3 cover Colossus. Oh and Magneto (with 10/13 covers after like 5 weeks)... icon_e_sad.gif

This will be painful.
  • cg2912
    cg2912 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Everyone has bp maxed

Except for the fact that I can't recall many opportunities for BP black rewards that were obtainable for a mid tier player. Yellow on the otherhand, I think was my first max 3* color cover. I had that maxed out before they changed him to where the yellow was actually good, however long ago that was and I am still sitting w/ONE blacktile.png Cover color distribution is weird. I thought since it is his best power, of course it will be harder to come by. But then I maxed LT green first, then yellow and just now red and Daken Purple first, too.
  • Such a difficult event. Even the essential nodes are hard as hell. Take that node with Hood + Muscle + Juggenaut for example, despite the levels Hood is max covered so you have to take him out 1st, since Hood is stealing your AP and you don't have any character that can effectively neutralize countdown tiles you get hit with Muscle's Threaten once or twice, as a result every 3 match= 1K+ damage, than you have Juggernaut using his powers causing massive bullshlt cascades with coupled with the Threaten strike tiles causes massive **** damages. So even though I'm using a team that's more than 50+ lvl higher on average, I have no confidence that I can even consistently beat this node much less beat this node without several of my characters dying.........
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    This is going to be rough. No one to tank for GSBW--unless you count Colossus' red but see above--so she's not going to last very long. MN Mags can be fun against goons but there's no decent outlet for the blue he generates.

Since my 3* roster is still extremely underleveled, my plan is to cover the board in strike tiles with BP and AWolvie, and then use Polarity Shift to tick those strike tiles a billion times.
  • Who is needed for the essential nodes on this one?

BP
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    Not having an AP denier or stunner is going to suck.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    Who is needed for the essential nodes on this one?

BP
    basically impossible if like myself, only have one BP cover
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    ark123 wrote:

BP
    basically impossible if like myself, only have one BP cover

If that one cover isn't blue you can do it easily. I only have one black cover in my steam account and I breezed through the nodes with a lvl 54 wolverine and a lvl 50 iron man (1*)
  • j12601 wrote:
    I'm looking forward to using iMags icon_magneto.png to turn purpletile.png into bluetile.png for... uhm...Defense Grid?

Thats EXACTLY what you'll be doing when you see there's no one in your team who can remove, overwrite or increase the timer on goon countdown tiles and realise that high level def tiles are your best friend.
  • Such a difficult event. Even the essential nodes are hard as hell. Take that node with Hood + Muscle + Juggenaut for example, despite the levels Hood is max covered so you have to take him out 1st, since Hood is stealing your AP and you don't have any character that can effectively neutralize countdown tiles you get hit with Muscle's Threaten once or twice, as a result every 3 match= 1K+ damage, than you have Juggernaut using his powers causing massive bullshlt cascades with coupled with the Threaten strike tiles causes massive **** damages. So even though I'm using a team that's more than 50+ lvl higher on average, I have no confidence that I can even consistently beat this node much less beat this node without several of my characters dying.........

Use +match damage on The Hood. He usually starts out at lower level than your roster because it's an essential node which makes him extra vulnerable to match damage.
  • ark123 wrote:

BP

Perfect. The only character in the available roster I don't have or can't get easily. Kinda figured it would be, seeing as he was the end of the Gauntlet.

Really, it's probably for the best. I now have no incentive to play this one at all. Without a way to hit the slightly easier/high point essential nodes, I'll just be suffering headbutts all weekend for no reward. I raged at this event last time round, and that time I think at least there was OBW or 2* Thor on the roster.

I can't even see a real team with synergy out of the ones available, and as a 2* player with a couple of mid 3* characters I'm basically buggered as my GSBW is only at level 104 with 3-1-4, and she's the best I have.

I guess I can just take it easy for a week, as Mystique'll count me out of the next PvE too. Slow down releasing new characters already, D3!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    I'm looking forward to using iMags icon_magneto.png to turn purpletile.png into bluetile.png for... uhm...Defense Grid?

Thats EXACTLY what you'll be doing when you see there's no one in your team who can remove, overwrite or increase the timer on goon countdown tiles and realise that high level def tiles are your best friend.

Ms. Marvel's yellow can overwrite any enemy special tile. Is that worth using a roster spot on an underleveled, undercovered 2*? Probably not. But she's there, I guess?
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    user311 wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    No way this will be some people's first time at getting IM35 his 19 blues.

Totally a great idea!! I may even try that for the ridiculous nodes! Get those free blues we always get and respec him to 5 blue!
    All three of those enemies fight above their level, so the node is understandably difficult. Muscles are probably better than half the 3*s.
  • So is it better for a PvE with no subs to jump in right away? Or should we still wait a day or two and let brackets fill up with the super grinders before joining?
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So is it better for a PvE with no subs to jump in right away? Or should we still wait a day or two and let brackets fill up with the super grinders before joining?
    If you want the rank reward you should wait as long as possible. Definitely don't join in the first day. Honestly: you could probably wait until the last few hours for best results. Unfortunately, that will kill all chances of you getting any progression rewards, and it's still a bit of a risk - if very few people also join late you could get into a bracket where you'll never catch up. It's also possible that the scaling will kill your ability to even rank if you wait that long.

If you want progression rewards, you should join relatively early, although later rubberbanding will probably help you more. But grinding nodes will start getting impossible since there are no subs in this event to reset the scaling, so earlier = better when it comes to progression for this event.

If you want both, you'll have to sort of time it out for yourself. Earlier will be better for progression, and lots of grinding might get you a rank, but either way you'll be grinding a ton. If you wait until later you MIGHT be able to get a nice boost from the rubberbanding, but you're also risking the scaling being too high for you to really play. On the other hand you won't be killing yourself every 3 hours.

If it sounds sort of lose-lose, you're right. That's why people really don't like this event.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's a delicate balance. You'll have grinders in any PVE you enter. For me, I try to let enough time pass so that players in the US have had one night to start playing.

So, I let 12-15 hours pass before starting any event sometimes a bit longer but usually within the first 24 hours of a PVE event open. In my experience, it still has enough people to fill brackets at a decent rate where no one has a refresh or two head start on you but tends to avoid the cream of the grinding crop because they can't help but start at some point during that day. I also avoid very late starts (24 hours or less left in the event) because of vets trying to snipe in at the end.
  • AgentCoulsonLMD
    AgentCoulsonLMD Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is a painful event and much harder to move up because Juggs basically wipes out 1/2 or more your health in every battle. I joined early so I get a BP, but this is highly unlikely. Perhaps if this was a 5 day event it would allow more time.

Ugh.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sheesh. 15 nodes, only one non-repeatable