Heroic: Juggernaut Nov 6 - 9

Options

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ugh I sold my *Iron Man the other day and everyone else I have is too weak, save Wolverine and GSBW, both of whom have been getting killed in this. I do need a yellow BP and Mystique so I'll try powering through but this will be a chore.
    Don't worry, nobody is using im35 effectively. He is still too weak and too expensive. The only method working is still get 12 blacktile.png or 19 greentile.png , repeat.

In well over 50% of the games I'm forced to use Storm's black because the board dries up, but its not bad because its double dipping on the yellow strike tiles.
  • madox69
    Options
    Anyone has experience of lost covers ? I have just lost my 2* Thor fully leveled during PVE heoric : juggernaut !
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madox69 wrote:
    Anyone has experience of lost covers ? I have just lost my 2* Thor fully leveled during PVE heoric : juggernaut !
    You did not lose him. He's not useable in the event.
    Heroics are restricted to certain characters, and Thor isn't one of them this time.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    Ugh I sold my *Iron Man the other day and everyone else I have is too weak, save Wolverine and GSBW, both of whom have been getting killed in this. I do need a yellow BP and Mystique so I'll try powering through but this will be a chore.
    Don't worry, nobody is using im35 effectively. He is still too weak and too expensive. The only method working is still get 12 blacktile.png or 19 greentile.png , repeat.

In well over 50% of the games I'm forced to use Storm's black because the board dries up, but its not bad because its double dipping on the yellow strike tiles.

Who in this Heroic is giving you yellow strike tiles?

BTW, if your GSBW is taking a break waiting for a healthpack, MNMags' purple can help fuel IM35's blue which is ... better than nothing?
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Black Panther's Battleplan
  • TazFTW wrote:
    Black Panther's Battleplan

Oh, lol, true. My bad.

But if I'm at 9 black with BP, there would be very few cases I think where I'd not wait for 3 more...
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was playing the Goldilocks node and noticed something.

Twin pistols takes 15 yellow and doesn't end the turn. Dormammu's aid steals everything. Intimidation takes 9 black and decreases all countdown timers.

That means Hood is 5/5/5.

Colour me inattentive, but I didn't think that was allowed for the opposition in PvE.

(Waits for replies saying that's always been the case.)
  • Adam12
    Adam12 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:

Twin pistols takes 15 yellow and doesn't end the turn. Dormammu's aid steals everything. Intimidation takes 9 black and decreases all countdown timers.

Colour me inattentive, but I didn't think that was allowed for the opposition in PvE.

Pretty much all PvE opponents above a certain level are 5/5/5. Kind of annoying sometimes.
  • Yeah, dunno about always but I've noticed 5/5/5 behavior before and I think it's been noted on the boards at some time or another. And it SUCKS.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There were a few nodes in the Gauntlet that I noticed were like that too.

You can always look at the characters to see, but it takes having an idea as to what changes between levels to recognize too. Hood is an easy one since the wording changes between 4 & 5 for all his powers.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think somebody said before that any PvE enemy over level 100 will be 5/5/5. Which means unless you're still transitioning you will always see 5/5/5 opponents except in Trivial nodes.
  • Moon Roach
    Options
    It is definitely level based. Wolveroach just played against level 68 Hood, and now it's either 5/5/4 or 4/5/4. He didn't get off Twin Pistols, and the text doesn't mention not ending the turn, so I can't tell.

I have only one thing to say about this event: Zinda, his face black, his eyes red.
  • If the text doesn't mention ending turn, its 5 covers.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Shaka, when the walls fell.
  • Moon Roach
    Options
    Kiazi's children, their faces wet
  • Adam12 wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

Pretty much all PvE opponents above a certain level are 5/5/5. Kind of annoying sometimes.
    They gain covers as they go up in levels. It depends on your scaling.
  • I am getting KILLED on these nodes, even the "easy" ones. My GSBW and Colossus are under-leveled because I don't have the ISO resources to bother with them, and BP is waiting for more significant covers before I bother with him. 1/4/1, baby, woo.

Just, everything about this character lineup is awful. I might be a bit better off with a fully-leveled Wolverine, I guess.

Gah. Unfun.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have to say that Battleplan (with 12 Team-Up AP stored) followed by Feral Claws followed by Rage of the Panther is pretty awesome.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anyone have a grasp on current bracket status? I'm home for the weekend and now ready to get my butt kicked in this event.
    I did see the topic in the General board. But that's a bit tough to follow as most folks are just posting what their bracket's #1 score is. Thanks!
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,502 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, there's no two ways about it - this event sucks. I just had my party mauled by a Trivial. I've wiped out twice so far.

I'm glad I don't have any time to play it tomorrow - my blood pressure won't handle it. At this point I don't care about Mystique. I'll take the handicap the next event.