Heroic: Juggernaut Nov 6 - 9

Options

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was at first with around 10k lead before I travelled. No wifi access so I missed around 2 cycles. I went down to 4th the next time I log in.

Still solidly in top 10 with 7k lead above the 10th spot. So the lead I build up originally did help in the disruption.of play.... now to see whether I could keep up the placing for the event end.
  • ScrubJay
    ScrubJay Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    In 3 sweeps today I have gotten a grand one Rage of the Panther off. No black on any of the boards. I wiped 3 times on the Yelena + goons node. She steals all my AP every turn and theres nothing I can do against all the 2 turn heals going off.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ScrubJay wrote:
    In 3 sweeps today I have gotten a grand one Rage of the Panther off. No black on any of the boards. I wiped 3 times on the Yelena + goons node. She steals all my AP every turn and theres nothing I can do against all the 2 turn heals going off.
    You might want to try boosting 3 to green and black and use storm. If you get her green off it usually gives you enough for rage of the Panther. 12 AP in any color is hard in this PVE since you can't steal AP. If you have a properly leveled BWGS just boost purple and use her Purple for a big sniper rifle.
  • i have BP without black power...what the ****
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    benben77 wrote:
    i have BP without black power...what the tinykitty
    Until 4 seconds ago. I only had icon_blackpanther.pngblueflag.png I just earned the final progression reward.
    Currently 16 in my bracket, doing primarily essentials, goon, easy nodes
  • Got my BP cover and I'm down to about 1/2 the nodes I can even attempt anymore. Currently sitting in 2nd, but that'll drop by tomorrow. Oddly the first 2 juggernaut nodes keep dropping in difficulty, think I saw a level 17 juggernaut? There must be tons of noobs just throwing themself at those nodes. MNMags has been the hero for me. Wolverine takes the hits, MNMags sets up the cascades.

Acquired 2 Ms Marvel covers, but not sure if it's worth dumping a char for her. What's the likelihood of her being needed again?
  • I've never seen an entire event's scaling DECREASE this much! I know 5/5/5 Hood is a monster but he's only 67 for me o-0!

I'm not complaining, easy points, easy black panther cover(and maybe easy top 150) but just....Cmon D3 - can't you see how **** of an event this is?
  • This pve may take all of our character lives and health packs, but it'll never take.... Our HP.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    I've never seen an entire event's scaling DECREASE this much! I know 5/5/5 Hood is a monster but he's only 67 for me o-0!

I'm not complaining, easy points, easy black panther cover(and maybe easy top 150) but just....Cmon D3 - can't you see how **** of an event this is?

So if levels are too high scaling doesn't work but if the levels decrease it also doesn't work?

I think the nodes ought to decrease in level more often but I'm assuming people with weak rosters + boosts is propping up the community scaling, but at least it works some of the time.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd definitely be interested in play statistics of these nodes because the essentials i play are dropping but not the hard tracks or hood node. It's about a 50/50 proposition for that last essential right now for me even with boosts. So, it seems community scaling can work in our favor but there aren't enough people playing those hard nodes anymore for it to matter. I ignore them like everyone else and wipe on that daken goon node to end my night. Got nothing to lose so I give it a free roll.

I guess this is all to say that we should do our part and do multiple wipes on the nodes that are the hardest to get them back down to playable. Who's with me?! icon_e_wink.gif
  • How's your scaling? Last night my bracket leader was at 55000 and the levels seemed to drop gradually from the start. At first all the essential nodes went up to normal and then the last one hard. Yesterday night all of them were easy, some nodes are trivial, most are normal and only the last none-essential node was hard. I'm at 35000.
  • KevinMark wrote:
    How's your scaling? Last night my bracket leader was at 55000 and the levels seemed to drop gradually from the start. At first all the essential nodes went up to normal and then the last one hard. Yesterday night all of them were easy, some nodes are trivial, most are normal and only the last none-essential node was hard. I'm at 35000.

My essentials went down yesterday but they're up again now. The rest of the nodes have been steadily going up but not at a very fast rate. I'm guessing now that we're in the last day people are more willing to use boosts so shouldn't be counting on any node to be dropping in level no matter how hard they are.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I JUST remembered why this is so unpleasant - 3 turns, 3 consecutive headbutts.

I've been playing for about an hour now and just about had enough.
  • I woke up this morning and while several of the nodes have scaled down in terms of level, EVERY SINGLE ONE has lost about 200 points for their worth. Did I miss something? All the bottom level was worth 1K+ yesterday when I started, now only 2-3 are and just barely. The only ones worth more than 1300 are the essentials or the Daken super-"Normals." It's strange to me that the "Heads Up" node went from lvl 90 enemies worth 1300 to lvl 100+ enemies worth 900.

I've never seen the worth of nodes go down over time, only up. Is this because of community tanking?
  • orbitalint
    Options
    Fievel wrote:
    I've never seen the worth of nodes go down over time, only up. Is this because of community tanking?

It might be an attempt to slow down rubberbanding on the last day. We have all griped about the need to grind and play in the last hour if there is a shot for top 10. If they shut down the tap of points, it might be possible now to coast.

Don't quote me on that though. Maybe a stats heavyweight can weigh in on the change and it's impact.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fievel wrote:
    I woke up this morning and while several of the nodes have scaled down in terms of level, EVERY SINGLE ONE has lost about 200 points for their worth. Did I miss something? All the bottom level was worth 1K+ yesterday when I started, now only 2-3 are and just barely. The only ones worth more than 1300 are the essentials or the Daken super-"Normals." It's strange to me that the "Heads Up" node went from lvl 90 enemies worth 1300 to lvl 100+ enemies worth 900.

I think that is how rubberbanding works. Nodes are worth more at the beginning, based on how far the leader is, but they drop the higher your score goes. My Daken nodes used to be worth upwards of 800, now they're worth around 500-600.
  • orbitalint
    Options
    Yeah, that's correct to a point but I might not be the global leader but I'm sitting at first in my bracket with 70k and been in first all day (had a lot of time this weekend, lol). I went to sleep with nodes at 400-700 points. This morning 200-450. If the global leader played or didn't play, it doesn't matter. My gap to him should have only grown or at best stayed the same. Nothing to account for less rubberbanding while I sat idle overnight.

Something else had to be happening. Dunno what it is though.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    orbitalint wrote:
    Yeah, that's correct to a point but I might not be the global leader but I'm sitting at first in my bracket with 70k and been in first all day (had a lot of time this weekend, lol). I went to sleep with nodes at 400-700 points. This morning 200-450. If the global leader played or didn't play, it doesn't matter. My gap to him should have only grown or at best stayed the same. Nothing to account for less rubberbanding while I sat idle overnight.

Something else had to be happening. Dunno what it is though.

Devs could be experimenting with tapering off the rubberband the closer we get to the event's closing time. This is an idea that has been proposed multiple times on these forums by community members, including yours truly. Several of us also mentioned that for this strategy to be effective in reducing the last-minute optimal point rush, the devs should not disclose how/when any downramp would start working, because that would just lead to the rush being moved to that point in time.
  • orbitalint
    Options
    Yeah, that's what it feels like. Said as much a few posts above. I'm all for it especially if they start to do it for weekday events. Those Wednesday end times are brutal to place well.
  • Fie on you Rio! I was banking on the 10K per 2hrs. to get me back into the hunt for a top spot. Now I'm down to about 8K. The speed at which I'm catching up is slowing down drastically. I'm at a paltry #37 instead of closer to 20 where I hoped to be by now.