Heroic: Juggernaut Nov 6 - 9

Options

Comments

• Seems like the top in my bracket is going up about 2500 every 3 hours, or 800 every hour. The points do seem to be lower too, but I'm not sure if that's because I'm sitting in 6th, with contention for top 5, or because people having been trying and dying. The first nodes are ridiculously easy now, eg Juggernaut's down to lvl 15 for me in one of them.

Nodes with Daken haven't been worth trying since a day and a half ago.
  • Was out of the country and just came back with only 6 hours to go. Would anyone by chance know when the last bracket filled? Getting into a stale bracket as a european with a 6 am end time isn't something I would wish even unto my worst enemy.
  • PPPlaya wrote:
    Was out of the country and just came back with only 6 hours to go. Would anyone by chance know when the last bracket filled? Getting into a stale bracket as a european with a 6 am end time isn't something I would wish even unto my worst enemy.

The bracket I joined filled up about 7 hours ago
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    Going to have to stop about 2 hrs before end time. Been hovering around #80. Hope it's enough to keep me in the top 150. These subless heroics are the worst for the release of a new character.
  • PPPlaya wrote:
    Was out of the country and just came back with only 6 hours to go. Would anyone by chance know when the last bracket filled? Getting into a stale bracket as a european with a 6 am end time isn't something I would wish even unto my worst enemy.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18636

Last update: bracket nearly full; probably about a half hour left.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    PPPlaya wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18636

Last update: bracket nearly full; probably about a half hour left.
    Hey that's a really useful thread. I apologize for not finding it myself. Literally just rushed home to even get a couple hours in.
  • Assuming no one in my bracket got sandboxed (which is possible), there's a fresh bracket now.
  • I'm going to continue to harp on this. Why 2.5 hour refreshes? Who can have a life when the requires you to schedule yourself to play the game ever 2.5 hours to guarantee victory?

Currently, pve = whoever gives up the most of their life to devote to the game wins.

There is no plausible, sane explanation of how this style of game play is sustainable for the player base.

Moreover, you can't argue to remove healing so players don't have to play all the time for the long term health of the game, but then say doing the opposite with 2.5 hour refresh timers is good for the long term health of the game.

Which is it?
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    I hope everyone else in this one is having a heck of time managing their roster too.
    c7VnuEB.jpg
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the most ignominious thing about this event outside of it sucking absolute donkey balls in general, is the fact that the Mystique cover that most of use will end up with - blue - is ****. Like, really ****.

So in the next PVE where she's essential, we can use her to turn 5 random tiles into purple or black.

WOOHOO! Party time in MPQ!
  • I'm going to continue to harp on this. Why 2.5 hour refreshes? Who can have a life when the requires you to schedule yourself to play the game ever 2.5 hours to guarantee victory?

Currently, pve = whoever gives up the most of their life to devote to the game wins.

There is no plausible, sane explanation of how this style of game play is sustainable for the player base.

Moreover, you can't argue to remove healing so players don't have to play all the time for the long term health of the game, but then say doing the opposite with 2.5 hour refresh timers is good for the long term health of the game.

Which is it?

I've been looking at my recent PvE events and I pretty much always lose on a margin that's far smaller than the points lost while going to sleep. If I trained a monkey to do all the easy nodes of an event while I'm asleep, I'd have top 2 in pretty much every event by a very comfortable margin.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm going to continue to harp on this. Why 2.5 hour refreshes? Who can have a life when the requires you to schedule yourself to play the game ever 2.5 hours to guarantee victory?

Which is it?

Here's a strategy to tend to not give myself enough time for, but I've used occasionally in the past to great success.

When you are nearing any block longer than the 2.5 hour refresh time, play each node MORE than once. You can replay the nodes for a fairly large chunk of points for quite a while. Even before getting them down to 1 point each, the refresh back to full points can be pushed to OVER 8 hours.

Before going to sleep, work, school, whatever, hit the nodes you usually hit till the refresh is long enough to not interfere with life.
  • Pwuz_ wrote:

Here's a strategy to tend to not give myself enough time for, but I've used occasionally in the past to great success.

When you are nearing any block longer than the 2.5 hour refresh time, play each node MORE than once. You can replay the nodes for a fairly large chunk of points for quite a while. Even before getting them down to 1 point each, the refresh back to full points can be pushed to OVER 8 hours.

Before going to sleep, work, school, whatever, hit the nodes you usually hit till the refresh is long enough to not interfere with life.

Unless you've exceptionally low scaling it's not even always possible to clear everything every 2H 24M on 5 health packs let alone clear everything 3 times on 5 health packs. Yes boosts make it easier but winning every node 3 times is still pretty insane. Most of the hardest fights you'd be lucky to not need 2 health packs after a win even with boosts. Anything with Daken in it you're almost guaranteed to take at least one health pack of damage outside of a truly miraculous opening. But if you got low enough scaling to be able to clear all the nodes more than once in 5 health pack you have such a huge advantage over everyone else that the only question should be can you hit top 2 or not, as long as your playing time remotely matches your opponent's. If we use this event for example, I don't see beating 2 out of the essentials + anything with Daken higher than level 150 without using at least one health pack, and since there 6 nodes (3 essential + 3 with Daken at a high level) that's 18 total clears which would require 9 health packs even on the very optimistic assumption that you're somehow able to beat 2 of those nodes on a single health pack, when in reality you could easily end up losing 3 health pack after one fight!
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Unless you've exceptionally low scaling it's not even always possible to clear everything every 2H 24M on 5 health packs let alone clear everything 3 times on 5 health packs. Yes boosts make it easier but winning every node 3 times is still pretty insane. Most of the hardest fights you'd be lucky to not need 2 health packs after a win even with boosts. Anything with Daken in it you're almost guaranteed to take at least one health pack of damage outside of a truly miraculous opening. But if you got low enough scaling to be able to clear all the nodes more than once in 5 health pack you have such a huge advantage over everyone else that the only question should be can you hit top 2 or not, as long as your playing time remotely matches your opponent's. If we use this event for example, I don't see beating 2 out of the essentials + anything with Daken higher than level 150 without using at least one health pack, and since there 6 nodes (3 essential + 3 with Daken at a high level) that's 18 total clears which would require 9 health packs even on the very optimistic assumption that you're somehow able to beat 2 of those nodes on a single health pack, when in reality you could easily end up losing 3 health pack after one fight!

Some of that is picking your targets. Essentials are typically the best value in terms of points to challenge. Most of that upper path is also pretty easy. I'm also working with a 5/3/5 BP at 166 normally, so at 256 RotP does 5647 damage.

I've got BP pretty much carrying my teams through this for the most part. I try not to use boosts, so it's typically a race to collect enough black to cast RotP and crush EVERYTHING. As long as BP is at full health going into the essentials, he can often get me through all 3 as long as the board doesn't get too dry for too long on black. The Hood one is the worst since I need to focus on Hood to stop the AP drain, but then Juggs is still a few matches over OVER the damage of RotP. I can gamble on getting 12 Black despite the AP drain while focusing on Juggs, but those matches tend to go the longest.
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ludaa wrote:
    I hope everyone else in this one is having a heck of time managing their roster too.
    c7VnuEB.jpg
    That's my bracket too!
  • I think the most ignominious thing about this event outside of it sucking absolute donkey balls in general, is the fact that the Mystique cover that most of use will end up with - blue - is ****. Like, really ****.

So in the next PVE where she's essential, we can use her to turn 5 random tiles into purple or black.

Talk to the dino icon_mrgreen.gif
  • I think the most ignominious thing about this event outside of it sucking absolute donkey balls in general, is the fact that the Mystique cover that most of use will end up with - blue - is ****. Like, really ****.

Her and star.pngstar.pngicon_magneto.png were made for each other. Turn your bluetile.png into purpletile.png with :mystique: so that icon_magneto.png can turn your purpletile.png into bluetile.png !

I think there's a Coolio meme for this...
  • Oh man... Dino at least has jazz hands! icon_lol.gif

Anyway, I'll just add my voice to the many complaining about heroics. Yep, bored beyond belief by fighting the same battles over and over again, and really kittied off that of the playable characters several are useless 1* that aren't nearly powered up to a useful level if you want to beat the nodes actually worth something. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Welp, apparently I've just been lucky the whole time, because I just saw more headbutts and twin pistols in single matches than I have in weeks. No top 150 for me. And here I said I'd never miss another essential character due to my Ms. marvel SNAFU.

C'est la vie.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    whew, glad that's over. barely squeaked by top 10 in my bracket with 83.7k