Heroic: Juggernaut Nov 6 - 9

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That would be a cruel, cruel joke.

No bloody kidding. You don't even need it as much for pvp due to shields, but for pve it's absolutely required to have a hope of getting anything.
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks atomzed and congrats to you, too! icon_e_smile.gif I'm really glad that I tried again after struggling because it finally paid off in the end. I'm glad it paid off for you, too, and I'm even more glad you got to check your game in the last few minutes - last minute ranking change can be really nerve-wracking!

That last few minutes scare you had was what I had, too, but obviously on a smaller scale (top 150 versus top 10).

After I hit top 150 again after doing my available node clears after waking up, every time I checked my leaderboard thereafter, I kept hovering up after a node clear... and then DOWN after I didn't clear a node/waited a bit... up... and then down... up... and then down again like a yo yo. It was every 5 minutes or less and to the point that I figured it was me and a bunch of us duking it out against the nodes in a grind, grind, grind trying to either cling onto or climb back to whatever ranking we were all trying to achieve and with all of us taking about the same amount of time to do a node clear + rest a bit worth similar point values.

I ended up in the kitchen brewing coffee and getting something to eat while trying to clear a node at the same time because I just could NOT stay in a 'safe' zone for even a few minutes of non-playing because every few minutes, a couple of people would chase me out of my spot and drop me back out of the running.

I've played plenty of Heroics and I've experienced this sort of thing before, but I don't think to quite the extent that I saw it happen this time where literally, after being neck to neck with each node clear, that one final 'bigger' node clear pushed me up enough ranks to be reasonably 'safe' within and for the remaining last 5 minutes.

That was just way too close for comfort for sure.
  • The response to this event seems so negative, but I guess this is mostly from people doing really well in pvp expecting to have the characters that already rock pvp to shine in pve at the same time. Also, I didn't experience any kind of trouble getting into top 150 with my two cover bp, I just got to 98 by repeatedly doing the required nodes and went to bed an hour and a half before the event finished. I enjoyed it, thx d3!
  • Finally ran out of +1AP boosts this event, had no idea they cost 100hp each! Managed to place 4th, with spending time with my wife, although to be fair, I think that time bumped me out of top 2. Still worth it.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    Finally ran out of +1AP boosts this event, had no idea they cost 100hp each! Managed to place 4th, with spending time with my wife, although to be fair, I think that time bumped me out of top 2. Still worth it.

Honestly what kept me out of the top 2 was a combination of running out of health packs & lowered point values for all my nodes. I suppose I may have done a little better had I been using boosts (I didn't use any,) but a top 10 finish is still pretty good. And I even managed to pull myself up to a top 50 finish in the PvP that ended shortly after.
  • KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Managed to grind up from 35k to 65k over the course of the evening buy using all of my healthpack.png (I think I had around 12 stashed away) and when to bed in the top 70 with 7hrs to go, somehow scraped the top 150 (147) I was really surprised as normally I end up around top 300 in situations like this (UK player so end times are not friendly)

This was not a fun PVE, while I enjoy the limited roster of the heroics, there were more head-butts than the average night out in Glasgow not to mention the constant cascades that the AI dropped (and always yellow (for sunder) more red for headbutt and all the blues for Daken (5 AP is too low for that power when he is leveled to over 200+)) and the constant grind for 20 iso8.png

Worse part is, I now have to stick mystique in the roster (slots are costing 550hp and I am down to 1700hp) just because the next pvp will only have essential nodes that require her (another rant about new character only essential nodes can be saved for another time)

I really hope the devs take note of the comments and polls that seem to be going on, a change is needed for the Heroics and soon (one idea for a Heroic is to have the same format (Venom, Juggernaught etc) BUT have the limited roster only be the villains and swap out the minions for the shield minions and villains for hero's)
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finished 1st with 85,131 pts, 2nd (AgntDiscoBooty) was 84,387 pts, 3rd (Bradster1914) 84,272 pts. Before the last minute, only 5 points separated 2 and 3. It does require a lot of grinding, use of boosts (so a lot of ISO), a decent roster, healthpack management / good roster management when it comes to knowing who to put into a fight at what health, etc.

I used Wolverine a lot, since I can heal him up to 50%, and his revival time is only 10 min. I saved Black Panther for Essentials, and high level enemy fights. No need for him to take damage in lower fights that my B or C squad could take care of. Bought a lot of the black/green and red/yellow boosts. Wolverine paired well with Black Panther for those boosts. If RotP didn't take out anyone, Adamantium Slash could take care of the highest.

Used Ms. Marvel against Bullseye to pop his protect tiles, but otherwise, she was just someone to take damage. 1 yellow covered Colossus was a C team star, to take out low level nodes. Magneto paired well in higher nodes with Wolverine and Black Panther, to fill out the rainbow, and create critical tiles. Level 1 Storm, I collected covers solely for this event, was used a lot, although usefulness was not that great. GSBW was not used that much, b/c her green was too expensive compared to Wolverine's. Was nice to have her to fill out a roster, but she wasn't a go to.

Glad that the event is over. Didn't realize how strong rubberbanding was, and that you could join the last day, get all the progression rewards (wanted to make sure I was able to do this), and still get the same amount of event rewards. Would've loved to only play for a day, and gotten the same amount of rewards.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    Finally ran out of +1AP boosts this event, had no idea they cost 100hp each! Managed to place 4th, with spending time with my wife, although to be fair, I think that time bumped me out of top 2. Still worth it.
    Isn't it 100 HP for 10 making the cost 10 HP each? It's been a while since I ran out.
  • vudu3 wrote:
    Isn't it 100 HP for 10 making the cost 10 HP each? It's been a while since I ran out.

Yup.
  • I managed to get all the way to 27 when I realized that there just weren't enough points on the board for me to make a decent run at top 20 and I just didn't have the energy anymore. Ended up 47. I'll take top 50 on this one. Got another BP cover, which I needed. Got a Mystique cover, which I will need. Here's hoping the next one is better.
  • john1620b
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    daibar wrote:
    Huh. I always thought it was 100 HP for 5 -- you can tell I've never bought any. 100 for 10 is a better deal...though I'm still not sure it's ever worth it.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    blarkh wrote:
    The response to this event seems so negative, but I guess this is mostly from people doing really well in pvp expecting to have the characters that already rock pvp to shine in pve at the same time. Also, I didn't experience any kind of trouble getting into top 150 with my two cover bp, I just got to 98 by repeatedly doing the required nodes and went to bed an hour and a half before the event finished. I enjoyed it, thx d3!

You enjoy constantly seeing Juggernaut's stupid head coming out of the screen?

Cool icon_neutral.gif
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You enjoy constantly seeing Juggernaut's stupid head coming out of the screen?

Cool icon_neutral.gif

Yes...
    Don't you know who I am?