The Gauntlet: Oct. 30 - Nov. 4

Options

Comments

• Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    Got the Daken cover. My Daken is now at 2/5/1. So he's still totally useless, but at least he has his health.
  • Rusalka wrote:
    Got the Daken cover. My Daken is now at 2/5/1. So he's still totally useless, but at least he has his health.

star.png Daken (Old Age) - My claws aren't as sharp anymore, but I've still got my health!
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anyone have tips for passing Sim 33? It's the first one I'm having a hard time with.
    Maybe it's because I'm getting boards that make it easy for Blade to lay down strike tiles I can't get rid of, or I don't know what team to use, or who to target. I'm finding this one very tricky.
  • Anyone have tips for passing Sim 33? It's the first one I'm having a hard time with.
    Maybe it's because I'm getting boards that make it easy for Blade to lay down strike tiles I can't get rid of, or I don't know what team to use, or who to target. I'm finding this one very tricky.

Don't remember anything tricky about that node. You obviously can't start with a board that's very rich in red unless you got most of those tiles right away due to Blade. I went for Blade first, and then it'll depend on what color your opponent has the most of because Colossus has a better red than Thor but Thor has a better yellow than Colossus and they've a high chance of using the weaker move when both are alive. I think I went for Thor first but you can't kill Thor if they're close to hitting 11 red because then the Colossal Punch will do a ton of damage as Colossus is the only person that can be in front at that point. Note that if you have Thor in killable range you can let them take black and then just kill Thor before Colossus fires off Fastball Special.
  • dreamwanderings
    Options
    Anyone have tips for passing Sim 33? It's the first one I'm having a hard time with.
    I remember thinking I didn't want the AI to get close to firing its powers, so I went full deprive with Hood + BW. Because 2 opponents had very high life, Punisher completed the team (Retribution triggring at 4400 life, if I remember correctly).
    Blade has the lowest life, so was the first target while building up AP to kill the others. The choice between Thor and Colossus next was a matter of which was getting closer to being dangerous. With computer AP maintained low, go for Thor first because he's quicker to use his powers and might trigger cascades, plus Colossus isn't much of a danger alone as there really is only one color to keep away from him.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rusalka wrote:

My 0/4/2 Daken is envious of your 2/5/1. Mine has no idea where red strike tiles come from.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This gauntlet was definitely easier than the last one. I didn't have to even have use boosts and only lost a couple of times. I had even saved deadpool points for this event but there was no need for them. The last node (fury/thor/dino) was laughably easy compared to last time since 4-stars don't scale that well with levels. Maybe my levels were a bit low since I have skipped a couple of last PVEs. Only 330 in the last node compared to near max last time.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Any tips on Sim 37? Devil Dino, OBW and Colossus. I got defeated two times so far. They are level 179.

edit: nm. Beat it with CStorm, Mags and Mawkeye plus some boosts but I'm not touching next one with l190 Sentry, BP and CMags. Stuck at ~2100 points. No 3* for me I suppose.
  • Almost lost the Blade Essential vs. Deadpool/Storm/Dino. Was so busy denying red and blue that I completely forgot about purple and he hit me with a whale on the 6th turn.
  • AxeVirtuoso
    Options
    Great event. Just a shame you need Blade for the non-essential nodes. So no LDaken for me.
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    KevinMark wrote:
    Any tips on Sim 37? Devil Dino, OBW and Colossus. I got defeated two times so far. They are level 179.

edit: nm. Beat it with CStorm, Mags and Mawkeye plus some boosts but I'm not touching next one with l190 Sentry, BP and CMags. Stuck at ~2100 points. No 3* for me I suppose.

I've also stuck on 37, with them at 202 and my highest is blade (2/1/1) at 145. So far I was able to win basicly every single fight by denying ai ap using both blades black and obw but now I feel like there's no chance for me :< around the time I'm able to deal with obw ai has so much ap that it's able to wreck me with collosus and dino... any idea how to deal with that? (I have most of the 2* avalible but sadly nothing from 3* is worth using yet).
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bulls wrote:
    KevinMark wrote:

I've also stuck on 37, with them at 202 and my highest is blade (2/1/1) at 145. So far I was able to win basicly every single fight by denying ai ap using both blades black and obw but now I feel like there's no chance for me :< around the time I'm able to deal with obw ai has so much ap that it's able to wreck me with collosus and dino... any idea how to deal with that? (I have most of the 2* avalible but sadly nothing from 3* is worth using yet).

I'd recommend Storm, Magneto, and someone that can tank blue or purple, to keep them around. I always go after healers/shield tile generators first, and they tend to have the lowest health. Buying the blue/pink boosts +5 is worth the 200 ISO, because it saves you from doing another pink match to launch Magneto's pink. Get OBW to below 1838, and move on to someone else, so that you efficiently are attacking. When you launch Storm's blue, OBW should just go down. Who to stun should be based on the AI's AP level and the board, who is more likely to be able to launch an attack. Good luck, this was one of the first nodes to keep me from going for a while. I wiped with a few teams, before I went back to the ol' reliable. My 3* Daken was boosted enough to tank pink, I think.
  • I used +3 to purple and blue and +3 to all AP boosts with CStorm, MN Magneto and Mawkeye. Targeted Colossus from the start and stunned OBW cos her Espionage fills up Fastball Special quickly. The targets died to Mawkeye's Speed Shots more than they did to Wind Storm. That was just to stun OBW twice or three times. I can't remember clearly now.
  • tumblr_ned4emSa9d1th57qno1_500.png
    Got lucky, no power fired by the enemy~
    Endless AP stealing and traps~I love this game icon_e_wink.gif
  • i'm playing this game like 3 weeks and haven't spent a dime on it yet. So it's absolutely doable for beginners with no cash.

I just finished the Gauntlet. I really loved the steep curve and hard opponents. My best char is lvl68 CStorm and the Final battle was against lvl 141.

Most of the time CStorm+OBW does it for me to beat all the high opponents. Great event. i love it. Now it's time to spend some money on new roster spots for my new cards. icon_e_smile.gif
  • KevinMark wrote:

Why? I'm sorry, this is going to sound like I'm picking on you, which is not my intention. This is a statement I've seen expressed a few times and you just happen to be the most recent instance.

Why are you not even going to try? It's not an easy node, and I lost to it a few times myself, but you have over 3 days to try, and retry, whenever you have a chance and maybe get lucky with the starting board, or get a great cascade. What do you have to lose? Don't sacrifice your PVP results but I can't imagine that you can't afford to take a loss half a dozen times over the next 3 days.
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've managed to win (barly but still) that dino obw collosus with storm, 1/5/5 mnmag and blade. Next one (226 sentry) was again walk in a park thanks to obw. At some point due to a lucky cascade ai managed to drop wr but delaying it by 4 turns and with storms green Ive cleared them all. Beside that wr ai casted just battle plan and defensive grid but both were easy to clear.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Kamuuu wrote:
    KevinMark wrote:

Why? I'm sorry, this is going to sound like I'm picking on you, which is not my intention. This is a statement I've seen expressed a few times and you just happen to be the most recent instance.

Why are you not even going to try? It's not an easy node, and I lost to it a few times myself, but you have over 3 days to try, and retry, whenever you have a chance and maybe get lucky with the starting board, or get a great cascade. What do you have to lose? Don't sacrifice your PVP results but I can't imagine that you can't afford to take a loss half a dozen times over the next 3 days.
    I actually caved in and beat the 38. For the 1000 Iso-8 progression reward. Next node has level 200s and marked as Deadly. I need to beat two more nodes to get Captain Marvel cover which I probably won't. I also don't want her. I don't have her right now. I already have 1-2 covers of too many 3* and limited roster space. I'm saving for a few other chars that I want. Also it's very stressful playing those games wehn you're seriously disadvantaged. I don't enjoy it much.
  • Thanks for reminding me that OBW is extremely useful, was stupidly trying to use Hood for deny on sim 38. Some lucky purple placement let me hit Aggressive Recon twice, with punisher and daken putting out strike tiles everywhere was able to escape without any of Sentry/Mags/BP (level 246) main powers going off.

Its fun having to think to play icon_e_smile.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I'm whittling down Deadpool/GSBW/LThor slowly with Blade/Ares/OBW, saving up green for what will probably end up being a 30-AP Onslaught. Deadpool's down, I'm working on Thor, and I get a big cascade! Yay!

That ends with the board full of green. Not so much yay!

Then GSBW uses Deceptive Tactics. Two match-fours from the move, and then she matches green. I get my turn and check their green AP. 27.

WELP.