The Gauntlet: Oct. 30 - Nov. 4

Options
CrookedKnight
CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
It's back! No placement rewards, no 147-minute grinding cycle, just you against a long, long chain of very high-level AI teams.

Powered Up!
star.pngstar.pngstar.png
:blade: (Featured)
icon_caroldanvers.png
icon_daken.png
star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_blackwidow.png
icon_captainamerica.png
icon_ares.png

Rewards

Round 1: Wilderness Survival
35. 100 iso8.png
123. healthpack.png
235. Recruit Token (Standard)
371. Stockpile (All AP)
597. 100 iso8.png
796. Power Boost (All colors)
968. 200 iso8.png
1164. Recruit Token (Standard)
1423. 500 iso8.png
1858. icon_ares.pngredflag.png

Round 2: Alpine Tactics
119. 250 iso8.png
375. Recruit Token (Standard)
655. 250 iso8.png
959. star.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.pngredflag.png
1353. 500 iso8.png
1720. Recruit Token (The Gauntlet)
2060. 500 iso8.png
2424. 50 imcoin.png
2851. 500 iso8.png
3538. star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_daken.pngblackflag.png

Round 3: Global Domination
203. 100 iso8.png
627. star.pngstar.pngicon_blackwidow.pngblackflag.png
1075. 250 iso8.png
1547. Recruit Token (The Gauntlet)
2109. 1000 iso8.png
2644. icon_caroldanvers.pngblackflag.png
3152. 1000 iso8.png
3684. 50 imcoin.png
4279. 1000 iso8.png
5218. icon_blackpanther.pngblueflag.png

Placement/Alliance
Nothing! You're free!

Comments

• orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Super excited about that blueflag.pngicon_blackpanther.png as the ULTIMATE reward for the Gauntlet!!!

Those are super rare and everyone wants them.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    So valuable that they've been given out in both gauntlets!

I'm also totally excited about that Healing & Heat cover, because I definitely have not sold three of them already and would not at all give my right arm to finally draw a freaking purple. Nope.

(I don't want to be too negative about this, though. Regardless of rewards, the Gauntlet is easily the best single-player experience this game has and I am genuinely glad they brought it back so I can play through it again. Getting another rank of Hypersonic Punch is a nice perk.)
  • It looks like blade is required to complete all the missions? Does this mean I cant get Daken if I didnt pick up Blade in the PVE event recently?

If hes not available as a PVP reward soon this is a bit unfair
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I need all the 3* rewards, so you can stick your cynicism icon_e_wink.gif

What's more I actually have a Black Panther this time so if they try the old "You need one to get one" trick that they pulled last time, I should be ok (presuming I manage a top 100 spot in PVP and get Marvel as I don't have her yet...)
  • Unknown
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I love the format of the gauntlet. I so wish they weren't so skittish about giving out good covers in it.
  • There is not a single cover reward in there that I need, but I will pay the smallest of kittens out of the gauntlet because it's fun and challenging. And I like iso8.pngimcoin.png and cardpack.png .
  • Nefesh
    Nefesh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    Yeah! that's what I really wanted. After a dozen of grindy events finally get some relief of that.
    I was already starting to hate this game, now I love it again! icon_twisted.gif

The rewards are not bad at all. Don't want blue Panther cover though (would prefer yellow or black) but will use it until I get others icon_e_smile.gif
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Blade is required for first set of Essentials.
  • Once someone gets there, it would be awesome to update whether any nodes award covers this time around. Thanks!
  • The Gauntlet has its own share of problems but the failure of D3 to give you exactly the covers you want isn't one of them.
  • what? no blade as progression?
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    They did that last time too, where Punisher was the previous event's main award and the featured character, but not awarded on progression. Of course, it wasn't as much of a problem since he was one of the most-used 3* characters and had been in tokens since the Pleistocene Era.
  • As the owner of a 5/2/5 BP I am thrilled with the final reward. As much as I want to take my BP from 153 to 166 there is no way I am spending 1250 HP on a near worthless cover. I also love this format & thank you going 5 days w/out throwing a new character at us.
  • lukewin wrote:
    Blade is required for first set of Essentials.

Second set of essentials requires Blade, as well.
  • Who's got two thumbs and already planned on taking tomorrow off of work?!

This guy.

...imagine me pointing to myself, with my thumbs. That's how the joke works.

Anyway, YES. Gauntlet Gauntlet Gauntlet. Thanks, D3!
  • So far it seems like there's no additional scaling for winning the nodes like last time. The Global Domination node started at 236 (can't do, but can see the levels) and is still 236. Hopefully they realized that starting at 236 is still already plenty tough and it'll stay at 236 until I got to that bracket instead of going up to 336.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Round 3: 2644 reward is 2* or 3* Marvel?
    I desperately need LDaken covers so that's welcome.
    Having Blade essentials on the first sub is mean, especially since he won't be awarded from PvP until after the Gauntlet is over.
    Almost wonder if their progression awards for this thing isn't set up by RNG.

Edit: I'm an idiot who can't read a calendar. Gauntlet ends after Marvel's PvP. Oops.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    3* Marvel, yes. 2* is icon_ms_marvel.png instead of icon_caroldanvers.png.
  • The Gau......wait....i dont care.

I could give a damn about the challenge or about the **** rewards.

im just happy that i can ignore this thing without worring about leaving my alliance in the cold.

after that soul suck blade release hunt pve...i couldnt care less about anything but a pve break.

best of luck to all that are into this. happy grinding and good luck

marc
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I don't think I participated in the previous Gauntlet. Were the awards as **** for that one as they are for this one?

Thanks.