The Gauntlet: Oct. 30 - Nov. 4

Options

Comments

• SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    SunCrusher wrote:
    Passed Simulation 37 by the skin of my teeth.

Ares, Blade, and Classic Storm.

Boosted 1+ All + 2 Green and Black (triggered a weird bug where Blade's Black tile matches didn't earn an extra somehow and OBW was stunned!) and +2 Purple Blue.

Storm collected Blues and Wind Stormed Dino first. Collected more Blue and Wind Stormed OBW. Blade collected Blacks but didn't collect extra tiles like he was supposed to but I unleashed the Black ability at least 2-3 times.
    Why would Blade collect extra black when the opponent's strongest colour is OBW's purple?
    Doesn't matter if OBW is stunned, it's still the strongest colour.

I might be misunderstanding you so excuse me if I am.

OBW's Espionage at level 5 triggers if she makes a Purple, Black, or Blue match.

If she's stunned, she can't Espionage as the ability isn't shared by her teammates.

I had used +1 All AP Color Boost and additional +1 AP Boosts to Green and Black.

To my understanding, when Blade matched Black tiles with OBW stunned, he should have collected extra Black AP per match but he didn't.

I'm talking about the AP Boost not working; Blade's Nightstalker ability worked fine (pulled Purple to my recollection like you said) but the Black AP boost did not.

Hopefully I made sense.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SunCrusher wrote:
    I might be misunderstanding you so excuse me if I am.

OBW's Espionage at level 5 triggers if she makes a Purple, Black, or Blue match.

If she's stunned, she can't Espionage as the ability isn't shared by her teammates.

I had used +1 Color Boosts All and additional +1 Color Boosts to Green and Black.

To my understanding, when Blade matched Black tiles with OBW stunned, he should have collected extra Black AP per match but he didn't.

I'm talking about the AP Boost not working; Blade's Nightstalker ability worked fine (pulled Purple to my recollection like you said) but the Black AP boost did not.

Hopefully I made sense.
    Erm... those +1 boosts give you one additional AP at the start of the match - it doesn't give you +1 of the colour per match.
    That would be quite insane icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • SunCrusher
    Options
    ... WELP. Goes to show how often I use them, then!

NO WONDER!!!

Okay, that's my stupidity and embarrassment for the day.

icon_redface.gif
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    SunCrusher wrote:
    A non-maxed OBW, full-built Captain America, and full-built Ares was my trick for Simulation 33. No boosts or TUs (forgot them). Ares needed Urgent Care, OBW needed the ER, and Captain America was downed via a big cascade when Blade had his Strike Tiles out.

Super-fast stealing, Espionage for Purple and Black, stunning as often as possible, Rampaging everywhere, and opportunistic Sunders and Onslaughts killed off Blade (he managed the Green ability once or twice; was able to match away the tiles), Thor, and Colossus in that order.

When Colossus was left, an opportunistic heal helped us to last through a last-minute Immovable and Ares just went to town on him.
    I used the same team...but of course none of mine are fully leveled up.
    I had forgotten about Colossus early in the match and his Colossal Punch nearly took out OBW - she hovered around 22 hp for several minutes before a lucky match 5 got enough bluetile.png to heal. Focusing on redtile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.png along with spam healing got her to the end with Colossus taking her out. Ares sundered him twice and finished him off with an Onslaught.
  • SunCrusher
    Options
    Vankysher wrote:
    SunCrusher wrote:
    A non-maxed OBW, full-built Captain America, and full-built Ares was my trick for Simulation 33. No boosts or TUs (forgot them). Ares needed Urgent Care, OBW needed the ER, and Captain America was downed via a big cascade when Blade had his Strike Tiles out.

Super-fast stealing, Espionage for Purple and Black, stunning as often as possible, Rampaging everywhere, and opportunistic Sunders and Onslaughts killed off Blade (he managed the Green ability once or twice; was able to match away the tiles), Thor, and Colossus in that order.

When Colossus was left, an opportunistic heal helped us to last through a last-minute Immovable and Ares just went to town on him.
    I used the same team...but of course none of mine are fully leveled up.
    I had forgotten about Colossus early in the match and his Colossal Punch nearly took out OBW - she hovered around 22 hp for several minutes before a lucky match 5 got enough bluetile.png to heal. Focusing on redtile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.png along with spam healing got her to the end with Colossus taking her out. Ares sundered him twice and finished him off with an Onslaught.

Glad you made it through! icon_e_smile.gif

It was definitely a bit of a tight squeeze, depending! I sure don't want to revisit that node or any of the later ones again if I can help it.

Good luck on the rest!
  • Maxed out oBW (3/5/5)/CStorm (3/5/5)/MNMag or CStorm/MNMag/MHawk got me through a huge portion of the 30s and even a couple of the 40s. I definitely have a few characters that are stronger, but the stun on Storm's blueflag.png is absolutely crucial to fighting against an enemy like Hulk who has a brutal retaliation. I would also purposefully not heal my team going into some fights in hopes of getting hit with a weak AOE or any attack that would trigger her retaliation at max, which can hit for almost 8K damage AOE in ideal conditions.
  • Vankysher
    Options
    Node 34 = I hate icon_daredevil.png

OBW downed first by Hypersonic Punch.
    Ares downed Marvel.
    Radar Sense, Equalizer, Avengers Assemble, Escape Plan = Blade & Ares downed within minutes of the match.

Now I have to wait a couple of hours.
  • SpaceBearPig
    SpaceBearPig Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    All those who mentioned LCap for the hulk-hood-sentry, thanks. Got it on the first try with LCap-OBW-Ares after failing quite a few times. Even with ares dieing LCap just kept pinging away while OBW stole everything, taking no damage with protect tiles aplenty. That is a lvl 55 LCap doing work on lvl 155 dudes. Holy **** is he good.

Now, what is the best way to deal with the 4*Thor - Fury - Dino if I have very few options besides the powered up dudes (blade/ares/obw/daken3*)? Who to target etc? Only 13 hours left, dont have too many attempts at this left and whales were used, dont want to go in experimental.

Bad Black Panther cover here I come!
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just cleared Lady Thor, Fury, and Dino with no real problems, using X-Force, Ares, OBW, a Green/Black +1 boost and some match damage boosts. Took them down in that order. Thanks to a lot of purple and blue on the board and OBW's Espionage and stealing, none of the AI fired off any abilities except for a Waggling Arms.

Just 3 Essentials left, but I have a feeling those will be hard (already died to Storm/Carolx2 once)
  • OBW+Ares are obvious, Blade for taking hit if enemy has power ready to fire. Focus on Thor first, then probably Fury (but if you can kill Dino fast by firing all <save green> do it).
  • SpaceBearPig
    SpaceBearPig Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    Yeah, went with Ares OBW and LCap again, it's just so strong. Thor>Dino>Fury, Fury was never close to having ap for anything so he did not matter. Marvel x2-Storm is kinda tricky though, one black power always gets set off (my obw dont steal black), and I focused Marvel 2* in my attempts which is dumb since hailstorm just crushes me. Not as easy as the rest of the essiantials, but not the cakewalk I was expecting.
  • For the Mohawk/Marvel X2 I focused on taking down Mohawk first. Hailstorm can be brutal and Lightning Storm fuels everything. She also has the lowest health, so focusing on getting one down makes the rest seem a little more manageable. I worked on 2* next because her blackflag.png is an AOE, and attacking her doesn't fuel their redtile.png like 3*.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Woo Hoo I finally registered!

Are there any experts/vets that can shed some light or share some strategy on attacking the Hood/Hulk/Sentry team? My roster (only maxed 2*s are Ares/OBW/CStorm/MnMag/HTorch) is probably just not strong enough but I've been trying with Ares/OBW/3*Marvel and Ares/OBW/LCap (after reading some of these posts).

I'm down to the last two rewards (1000 iso8.png and blueflag.pngicon_blackpanther.png) so it's not " redcrit.png " but it'd be nice to finish, since this isn't a grind of a PvE.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help!
  • Don't think I'll be able to pass Simulation #37 with my 3 week old noob roster. Pretty happy with making it this far though. Damn Dino
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So close yet so far.
    I can not clear Essential 18.
    With only one Daken cover Im basically 2 manning
  • Is there any actual decent reward for beating SIM 42, or is just 1000 ISO? Already got the 3* Marvel cover, not sure if it's worth beating the last 2. Plus unfortunately, World Runner's earlier post doesn't show the prize.
  • daibar wrote:
    Is there any actual decent reward for beating SIM 42, or is just 1000 ISO? Already got the 3* Marvel cover, not sure if it's worth beating the last 2. Plus unfortunately, World Runner's earlier post doesn't show the prize.

I think it was 2K ISO...
  • Vankysher
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    So close yet so far.
    I can not clear Essential 18.
    With only one Daken cover Im basically 2 manning
    I know how you feel.
    I just got the icon_caroldanvers.pngblackflag.png progression cover and have gone back to do essentials for Alpine so I can snag that Daken cover.
    Even w/Ares boosted to 91 and OBW boosted to 102, I am running out of time and health packs.
    I don't think I'm going to be able to get the icon_blackpanther.pngblueflag.png to go with my single cover yellowflag.png
  • SunCrusher
    Options
    It feels like the game is really mad at me for escaping out of Simulation 37 with only 100 HP remaining on Ares. icon_lol.gif

On 38, twice in a row, my board has started with one and only one bad move to make from the get-go. Bad as in, it will allow the AI to make a match-4 or match-5 (but the AI will likely match-4).

Third time produces a slightly better but very Purple-deficient board, but I **** it up by matching a vertical match-4... which drops a tile that will allow the AI to make a horizontal match-4. The AI matches it, of course... and the entire top row that drops in has no fewer than 5 Green tiles in a row.

Triggers critical which is already bad, but even worse, it auto-matches more Green below.

I can't steal yet but we all know what's going to happen next.

Sentry World Ruptures and my entire board is covered in an X fashion with WR tiles. icon_e_sad.gif

... I retreated.

Edit: Hoping to collect Essential Marvel to finish Alpine for Daken and to finish Domination for Black Panther. Already have a single Daken cover and no Panthers so really trying to finish.

Does anyone remember the order of Essentials in Domination in the first series of Essential nodes? I can see Blade's but I don't know who comes after?

Thanks in advance!
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Can't get past 39 and time is almost up - Marvel and her red generation, Cap was just short of blue to stun enough in the end. Thrown all the suggested top teams at them and got close once, but I'm out of usable characters.

Really need the HP but I did get 3* Cap, so that was alright...

EDIT - Made it. Just. 39 had some luck and 40 to be sure, threw all sorts of boosts at it and got the HP. Yay.