The Gauntlet: Oct. 30 - Nov. 4

Options

Comments

• SpaceBearPig
    SpaceBearPig Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    How the hell do you best the gsbw-deadpool-thor or sim40. Losing obw is pretty huge. All prior nodes i've been able to just deny powers with boosted blade tanking for her. The one node i did not have her i went whales on (colossus-dino-obw). Pretty much any power going off is doom for my team.
  • Slyli wrote:
    mariosss wrote:
    I'm almost giving up on this one. Need 5 more to get blueflag.pngicon_blackpanther.png, but sim41 is REALLY hard. It's lv 266 Sentry, Hood and Hulk!

Have: Devil dino 5-5-3 lv 220, blade 2-0-0 lv 135, ares lv 134 4-4-5, obw lv 134 3-5-5, cap lv 134 3-5-5, cStorm lv 94 and Thor lv 94. Also some 3 star.png . Any tips?

Obw helps a lots but hulk smashs it like a cockroach!

Do you have mnmags? I passed that node on the second try with OBW, CStorm, MNMags and +3P/B boost. You have to be a bit lucky with board and cascades, but if everything goes right, you will be overflowing with AP and hammering at a stun-locked enemy team. Oh, and their levels where 266 as well.

Yeah, I used it quite a few times, but I was unlucky to be always hit by hulk before I could do something.

But guess what? This didnt happen this time! I got lucky and STUNNED THE HELL OUT OF THEM! =D

Just 3 essentials to go!
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, Simulation 40 (GSBW/Deadpool/LThor) is killing me too. I've been running X-Force Wolvie (5/5/2), boosted Ares, and CMags. As noted, losing OBW is huge especially since I don't have a high-enough Hood to deny with him. I've ended up eating a Call the Storm once and a Sniper Rifle once. I'm gonna try again once the PvP event is over.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If I recall correctly, I used Hulk, BP, & Daredevil for sim 40. Hulk was just tanking for the most part as I tried to save up enough Black for Rage of the Panther. Meanwhile any Red I collected went into crotch kicking. A couple lucky 4 matches that lined up with the traps really made the fight too easy. Though Deadpool did get off Life of the Party more than once.
  • mariosss wrote:
    I'm almost giving up on this one. Need 5 more to get blueflag.pngicon_blackpanther.png, but sim41 is REALLY hard. It's lv 266 Sentry, Hood and Hulk!

Have: Devil dino 5-5-3 lv 220, blade 2-0-0 lv 135, ares lv 134 4-4-5, obw lv 134 3-5-5, cap lv 134 3-5-5, cStorm lv 94 and Thor lv 94. Also some 3 star.png . Any tips?

Obw helps a lots but hulk smashs it like a cockroach!

I used GSBW to tank pink while Deadpool charged his mega-whales. Feels almost like cheating, but it worked.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    Almost there! Just waiting for my health packs to regenerate before I tackle Sim 42.

Lazy Cap is totally my Gauntlet hero, especially when paired with someone who can feed him AP. (OBW, Hood, Captain Marvel and IM40 have all stepped up to the plate at various times.) Once his red and blue get going, he can take down pretty much anyone.
  • 41 is the death of me. I've thrown everything I have at it and can't seem to make a dent. Need to save the whales for 42, 'cause I only have the one time saved up. This is also assuming I can get through all of the essentials waiting for me. That blueflag.pngicon_blackpanther.png better be worth it.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Fievel wrote:
    41 is the death of me. I've thrown everything I have at it and can't seem to make a dent. Need to save the whales for 42, 'cause I only have the one time saved up. This is also assuming I can get through all of the essentials waiting for me. That blueflag.pngicon_blackpanther.png better be worth it.
    It's not worth it, if only to make your BP higher level for his yellow and black to have more impact. He's gonna be the next featured in a PvE event and if it's a Heroic event... oh boy. Depends if there will be better blue powers to use. Almost any blue skill is better than BP's.
    Did you try the aforementioned cStorm against Sentry/Hood? I might try to pull it off myself, not sure how well it works.

Edit: ugh, trying with MMN/cStorm/Wolvie (tanks green and yellow for Storm), wiped. Stupid Hulk hogged green for himself and they didn't deploy World Rupture.
    Same with cStorm/MMN/2* Thor, they keep green for Hulk. Maybe I need to stun him for them to finally Sentry-bomb.
  • So far I've tried:

Patch/CStorm/MNMag
    Patch/MNMag/MHawk
    CStorm/MNMag/MHawk
    CStorm/OBW/MNMag
    Patch/OBW/LCap
    Patch/Daken/LCap
    Ares/OBW/Patch

I'm completely out of boosts, and while my 2* are all maxed, my Patch is only 144, LCap is 123 and Daken is 104. The only other +100 3* I have is Sentry at 114 3/4/3.

I think I'll just sleep on it and try again after work tomorrow. Bah!
  • I think I went X Force/Daken/Magneto on Sentry/Hood node but that was mostly just luck. If you don't drop The Hood in under 10 turns it's almost certain game over when Sentry gets any moves off, and of course just getting rid of The Hood still won't stop Sentry's yellow (green can be stopped by Coercive Field and red by Surgical Strike).

Can't imagine Storm having much of an impact unless the levels are close enough for Wind Storm to do significant damage to them, but if the levels are close then that node isn't that hard. It's only problematic when The Hood still has say 9K HP and can shrug off most fast attacks you can launch early.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    I just remember wiping once on a featured/Punisher/classic Storm team. Arrogance at its best. I completely forgot that cStorm has a passive that doesn't like AoE attacks and proceeded to bomb them as usual, Sacrifice + World Rupture and all. And my every proc made cStorm go bonkers and my team was flattened before many tiles resolved, granting the defense their victory.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    I went oBW/XF/cMagneto myself on that node (Sentry/Hulk/Hood), but for those that don't have XF/Magneto or Deadpool's Whales and have lower level scaling... It's important to down Hood asap with oBW's match damage, bring purple/blue damage boosts as well, maybe someone with regen and strike tiles like Daken, Patch or A.Wolvie (you need to deny yellow!), and someone with an active yellow as 3rd (Ares or Black Panther would be good I think). And a stun team-up to deal with the Hulk after Hood and Sentry. Heal as much as possible, try your best at denying yellow/green/red and you should be okay since they lack blue/purple and their black does mediocre damage.
  • Rainbow match damage might be good for The Hood and you can even stack it with regular +match damage. Although there's a lot of luck involved you definitely need a way to do significant damage on The Hood without relying on using APs. You might have problems when you get to The Hulk if your match damage is so high that it'll trigger Anger, but it shouldn't be terribly hard to come up with enough AP to knock out Hulk in one turn while you're working on Sentry even if you have no stuns. Besides, if your match damage can trigger Anger on Hulk that means you can do at least 10% of the The Hood's health in one match (Hulk easily has double The Hood's health), so that's kind of a 1st world problem to have.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    Done! It took some AP boosts, but Lazy Cap, Panther and Hood took down Fury, Thor and Dino. And now I have a nice Smite TU for my collection, too.
  • brafal
    brafal Posts: 20
    Options
    For anyone in the 2* zone, I used OBW, Storm Classic and Ares to clear all of gauntlet. I tried to use some of the leveled up 3* and 4* (140lvl, 105lvl, etc) but I ended up sticking with the roster mentioned.
    I cant belive my self that I cleared 240lvl enemies. (Stage 3 started with 140lvl mobs).
    Of course I had to boost every time purple and blue, and use some of the higher level teamups collected on the way.
    Stun with cstorm, block their colors, play smart all the way. Buffed Ares is a killer, especially his read and yellow. Green can be a problem, since you stock up on it, and you should target the green user on the other side.
    Otherwise there is no chance.
    Wiping is part of the process.

Also, this event gave me good practice to see what the big 3* guys are doing on defense. A bit of learning for what to expect from them in PVP.
  • I beat the hood/sentry/hulk node using xforce/lcap/obw. I got lucky with the randomness of AI matches because for some reason, the hood just kept on matching blue tiles to fuel... something? icon_e_confused.gif All that time I was whittling the hood with match damage and finally got enough green to down him with xforce. After hood died they barely had any ap for abilities (and double digit blue ap), and the shield-throwing commenced.
  • Pwuz_
    Options
    Fievel wrote:
    41 is the death of me. I've thrown everything I have at it and can't seem to make a dent. Need to save the whales for 42, 'cause I only have the one time saved up. This is also assuming I can get through all of the essentials waiting for me. That blueflag.pngicon_blackpanther.png better be worth it.

How is your Spiderman? Cheap defense tiles can be your best friend in this match. If you can throw up a few, WR actually hurts their team for full damage and your team for only 1 per tile. Totally worth it! Pretty sure I was running Punisher, Spiderman, Falcon for that one. It could have been Patch as well, but with Hood I normally use Punisher since he can get his moves off a turn or two sooner than Patch, and that makes a HUGE difference when handling Hood.
  • Honnestly, what is the fun of this event. It's just frustrating ...

Pls think to change difficulty pls.
  • Pwuz_
    Options
    Bulex wrote:
    Honnestly, what is the fun of this event. It's just frustrating ...

It's intended to be a challenge. It's difficulty is based on your highest leveled character (so if that's a single X-Force at Max level, you will see a lot tougher opponents, despite the rest of you roster being <94 2*s or unleveled 3*s.)

Honestly I think this go round is easier than the last time this event came around. Challenging: ABSOLUTELY! But I ran into far fewer nodes that were near impossible this time, I used Super Whales twice last time, and didn't need it once this time. They shifted the levels down a bit from last time, and made it a more gradual increase as well. I hardly stumbled on this till the 3rd chapter, last time I was struggling to get through the 2nd chapter.

Though in all fairness, I did learn a lesson last time that I think helped A LOT: ALOT.png

I did all the normal nodes 1st, then after I finished the normal ones, I went back, starting from the last 3, and did the essentials. This keeps the scaling a bit more in check, and may have had a large part in how I perceived the difficulty this time.
  • Bulex wrote:
    Honnestly, what is the fun of this event. It's just frustrating ...

I think with no ranking rewards that this event the difficulty is fine. I actully personally found the challenge fun because of how hard some nodes where. It took me at least 12 attemps on the Hulk, Sentry, Hood node to finally find a way to beat it.