Options

Comments

• Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    SirPhobos wrote:
    kalirion wrote:
    Vankysher wrote:
    Perhaps my insistence on not boosting is handicapping me.
    Finally got past node 27 with the help of a favorable board and now stuck trying to figure out how to beat 113/114/114 team of XForce/DDino/Hulk.
    Initial team of Ares/Blade/OBW were downed relatively quickly with the AI firing off X-Force twice, a bunch of dino arms, and Recovery nullifying any damage I did do.
    Thinking I should try to take down DDino first and try to one shot X-Force if I can survive that long as that wall of hit points is quite daunting...

I'd think XForce would take priority - just try not to let him Recover, and prioritise purple / blue.

Agree. Dino doesn't hit hard enough to warrant priority I don't think.
    Thanks for the advice as I finally beat the node. Downed X-Force first but lost OBW shortly to DDino chomp.
    Use of Sunder/Rampage to down DDino triggered Anger and nearly cost me the match as it triggered 2 nasty cascades and 3 Claps that left Blade near dead and Ares around 800 hp.
    Hulk was still over 3000 HP so firing off my Onslaught would've been insufficient. Blade's Nightstalker managed to help me collect enough green AP to finally one shot Hulk to end the match.
    Back to waiting for health packs to refill.
  • Rawr! Finally beat 41! oBW/CStorm/MNMag and I dropped some ISO on a purpletile.pngbluetile.png boost. Won pretty handily, too. Then just dropped whales on 42 because screw that. Took a couple of tries for the first Daken essential, but I've stalled on the 2nd with icon_humantorch.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_captainamerica.png LCap has been one of my workhorses, and without him I'm having some trouble, especially since my Daken is pretty underwhelming. Will try with Patch and oBW once my health packs regen.

Definitely having much more fun with this Gauntlet than the last, even though I'm having a tougher time.
  • Fievel wrote:
    Rawr! Finally beat 41! oBW/CStorm/MNMag and I dropped some ISO on a purpletile.pngbluetile.png boost. Won pretty handily, too. Then just dropped whales on 42 because screw that. Took a couple of tries for the first Daken essential, but I've stalled on the 2nd with icon_humantorch.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_captainamerica.png LCap has been one of my workhorses, and without him I'm having some trouble, especially since my Daken is pretty underwhelming. Will try with Patch and oBW once my health packs regen.

Definitely having much more fun with this Gauntlet than the last, even though I'm having a tougher time.

I went with Hood/Sentry since I already had Daken required. Treated it like a Sentry bomb shield hop but didn't spend any boosts for it.
  • Just beat Sim 40 with LCap, Punisher, Hood. Now facing Sentry/Hood/Hulk at level 233.

I know BP blue isn't great, but he's soft (knee) capped 89 now and I'm so close. My LCap is 2/5/5 and Punisher is 4/2/2 both at level 102, thinking about iso boosting and running Cap/Pun/OBW(or Hood when I can), then hope for some luck on the last set of essentials.

Edit: Just beat it with Cap/Pun/OBW, took 2 tries to down Hood, then Cap got going and it was all over. Hulk can't hurt me if he's stunned first.

A few weeks ago I started using Deadpool whenever my daily resupply is ready, so I have plenty of whales pts saved up (you should be doing this too). Cap/Pun/OBW/Hood will join Daken for the essentials as needed. Sim 42 is going to be beaten by Hood/Deadpool/whoever I feel like.

In future runs of Gauntlet, can we get all the nodes added to the first post? Maybe with a reference to the base level of the first node in each bracket, since they should be fairly constant for us all? For example my Global Domination starts at 176 now, and sim 42 is 238, so sim 42 is +62 over base level. Even without levels it would be a good reference.
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Finally!!! Gauntlet complete! My star team: Ares, OBW, Captain America icon_e_smile.gif hardest node for me was GBW, Thor and Deadpool.

Got beat up like 8 times, before getting desperate. Replaced OBW with MMags, got a boosted Bullseye teamup

pummeled DP to build up 18 purpletile.png and 16 tutile.png , somehow building up my yellows and greens. Then polarizing force 2x to create 5 in a row columns generate 2 whitecrit.png . Then stunned DP. Then used Bullseye team up to blow thore to kingdom come with the +6800 bonus dmg hhahaha.... then killed off GBW.

That left DP who I permastunned with CAPs peacemaker!!!!
    Wahahahhahahaha!!!! GG!!!! BEST WIN EVER (2nd best one was killing of this Sentry team because he bombed my team, and CStorm retaliated FTW wooohoo!)
  • Holy ****, so that's what it's like to Sentry Bomb? Mine isn't much to write home about (lvl 114 3/4/3), but I just crushed the Thor/Thor/Rags node with Sentry/oBW/Daken (essential). The screen was easily 50% red to start, collected a bunch, then dropped WR, did a match, then Sacrifice and a max AWolverine Feral Claws with 20 redtile.png It took 2 WR to bring them all down, but dang did that make it look easy.

Gauntlet is done. Now to see if I can start replenishing my TUs.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just in the early stages of the last set. Not sure how far I am going to get.

Was just wiped out by Blade. Absolutely slaughtered. Not really concentrating and just imagined him to be another in the line of so so recent releases. But no, so wrong. And I had a pretty decent enough and boosted team against him.

Countdown to at least small nerfing starts now...
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:

Was just wiped out by Blade. Absolutely slaughtered. Not really concentrating and just imagined him to be another in the line of so so recent releases. But no, so wrong. And I had a pretty decent enough and boosted team against him.

Really? I mean I'm of the opinion that Blade is currently underrated, but nerfing? I really don't think that's in the cards.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Beat node 41 with xforce 215 (5/5/3) /c mags 140 (4/4/5) and OBW 125 boosted (3/5/5).

Used +3 red/yellow boost, +3 green/black boost, and +3 all ap.
    Took out hood and sentry fairly quickly with sentry green/black and c mag red. However sentry was able to get an early sacrifice in so my xforce died before i got a chance to clear the yellow tile (it was actually well tucked away from yellow matches).

So it's level 313 or 314 hulk vs my OBW and c mags. I played very carefully, denying green/red whenever possible and getting purple. I saved OBW steal for whenever hulk was about to get his red or green off. I used c mag yellow whenever it was up to reduce my damage taken. I would do c mag red (once there was a decent amount of TU tiles up again) followed by OBW blue to slow down the anger tile in case I couldnt match it, and slowly wittled hulk down. Right before hulk was about to get his red off I used C mag blue to finish his remaining 3k hp.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:

Really? I mean I'm of the opinion that Blade is currently underrated, but nerfing? I really don't think that's in the cards.

I didn't really mean nerfing, just a tiny adjustment in numbers downwards. My game shouldn't be nearly over and I just through the first enemy. Yes, I wasn't quite prepared enough going into the game etc etc but I shouldn't have been killed as easily as I was. Think it might have been those strike tiles. He does seem like a good character, I haven't played him that much, maybe it was just a bad game.

Edit - Nup, I was right the first time. Just thrown a third team at him. The strike tiles are just too devastating (I just couldn't match red quickly enough) and pump out too quickly. Then add in Black and then Purple. Just no. Characters should be challenging, sometimes tricky, but just not this...
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Damn Sim 42!
    Lady Thor was last (wo)man standing with 188 HP left and she wipes me with a Striking Distance
    I get a few hours to cool off before I get to attempt again
  • over_clocked
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Damn Sim 42!
    Lady Thor was last (wo)man standing with 188 HP left and she wipes me with a Striking Distance
    I get a few hours to cool off before I get to attempt again
    4or is more dangerous than Fury or Dino. Target her first.
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A non-maxed OBW, full-built Captain America, and full-built Ares was my trick for Simulation 33. No boosts or TUs (forgot them). Ares needed Urgent Care, OBW needed the ER, and Captain America was downed via a big cascade when Blade had his Strike Tiles out.

Super-fast stealing, Espionage for Purple and Black, stunning as often as possible, Rampaging everywhere, and opportunistic Sunders and Onslaughts killed off Blade (he managed the Green ability once or twice; was able to match away the tiles), Thor, and Colossus in that order.

When Colossus was left, an opportunistic heal helped us to last through a last-minute Immovable and Ares just went to town on him.
  • eidehua wrote:
    Beat node 41 with xforce 215 (5/5/3) /c mags 140 (4/4/5) and OBW 125 boosted (3/5/5).

Used +3 red/yellow boost, +3 green/black boost, and +3 all ap.

I beat it with the same team and no boosts - see little point on spending ISO/HP to get rewards I do not need. Got a little lucky that they matched blue for the first couple of turns which is one of the colour they could no use and Hulk used 14 red instead of Sentry, which would have wiped my team at that point, instead of bringing X-Force down to 2K life. Lvl 300+ hulks are a joke as its not easy make Hulk angry.
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Finally beat Sim40 (Deadpool, LThor, GSBW) on my 4th or 5th try with X-Force (5/5/2), Ares, and **Cap, though I was in danger of getting hit with a Call the Storm for a couple of rounds before I downed LThor (I guess the AI was saving for Sniper Rifle). No boosts or TUs. Mostly just tried to deny green & purple. Chipped away at LThor, then used my X-Force abilities on DP. Then used Ares & X-Force to take down LThor before he could hit me with Yellow or Green (and I stupidly used Ares' Red before Yellow, but I had just woken up and wasn't thinking). Then took down GSBW without any trouble.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just finished the Gauntlet. Did much better than the last time. I was surprised to be able to take down the last node with OBW, Ares and L140 LCap and no boosts. Prioritized purple for stealing and keeping their abilities at bay. They didn't get a single one off. LCap just kept going with SSA for the win.

Seems like they are going to make this a regular thing, but as someone pointed out, if you finish early then you're spending a ton of time in the Simulator without a standard PvE. I'm not going back to farm iso in there. Then again, it is nice to not be grinding.
  • SunCrusher
    Options
    Simulation 37 with Devil Dino, Colossus, and OBW are wiping me out pretty badly.

Dino is **** irritating - one Bite of any kind and whoever is bitten is down 1/3 health.

I have a single Blade cover, full Captain America, and full Ares to work with.

My 3* characters aren't fully/usefully covered.

Maybe I'll try going after Dino first.
  • Completely stuck on 37. No idea how to get past it. Arrg.
  • SunCrusher
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Passed Simulation 37 by the skin of my teeth.

Ares, Blade, and Classic Storm.

Boosted 1+ All + 2 Green and Black (thought I triggered some bug but it was me misunderstanding and having a stupid moment!) and +2 Purple Blue.

Storm collected Blues and Wind Stormed Dino first. Collected more Blue and Wind Stormed OBW. Blade collected Blacks but didn't collect extra tiles like he was supposed to but I unleashed the Black ability at least 2-3 times. Ares went to town repeatedly on everyone with Rampage. Ares REALLY lost his temper and Onslaughted and Sundered the Dino to his Death.

Colossus was left and DANGIT I MISCOUNTED HIS RED and that laid out Storm and Blade which left Ares with less HP than Colossus... But had an Onslaught waiting for him and so with VERY TIGHT MATH, I unleashed Onslaught then matched his best colors available on the board and hogged Yellows and Greens...

And got hit with Immovable anyways post cascade and I almost quit but my earlier Dino-Sunder tile resolved and gave me enough health to keep going!

A mini cascade on my own gave me more Green and Ares Onslaught again... And got hit with a vertical drop-down critical... Which nobody could use!

Another Immovable (Colossus had a ball collecting yellows from the cascades) and another match left Ares with 100 HP exactly, but I had a vertical match-4 and sure enough, Colossus was downed.

I almost quit midway multiple times because of how bleak it looked. So freaking glad I bit the bullet and kept going, though.

BUT NEVER AGAIN!

icon_e_sad.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SunCrusher wrote:
    Passed Simulation 37 by the skin of my teeth.

Ares, Blade, and Classic Storm.

Boosted 1+ All + 2 Green and Black (triggered a weird bug where Blade's Black tile matches didn't earn an extra somehow and OBW was stunned!) and +2 Purple Blue.

Storm collected Blues and Wind Stormed Dino first. Collected more Blue and Wind Stormed OBW. Blade collected Blacks but didn't collect extra tiles like he was supposed to but I unleashed the Black ability at least 2-3 times.
    Why would Blade collect extra black when the opponent's strongest colour is OBW's purple?
    Doesn't matter if OBW is stunned, it's still the strongest colour.