The Gauntlet: Oct. 30 - Nov. 4

Options

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Meutrich wrote:
    So is there any special reward at the very end of sub 3, that you get for completing all three subs?
    Nope! All three subs have separate prizes and no sub can award prizes for completing another.

I can't use any of the rewards besides ISO/HP and tokens did not provide yellow 3* Marvel or Blade covers I crave, but the Gauntlet is still epically beautiful, a true PvE event indeed. Relieved to not see some cruel combos offered by forumites icon_e_biggrin.gif (i.e. Analyst/oBW/Juggernaut).
    Blade is very useful even undercovered unlike most other characters, guess due to good design and a passive skill, and passives are generally strong.
    Did not get Goddess team-ups yet, will try my luck against her some more; too bad she either requires charged Whales to deal with her or heavy Sentry-bombing, and even Hexmagnet (XF/cMagneto/Hood) can have issues containing her icon_e_biggrin.gif

Edit: Seriously, screw rewards, I know not getting a Blade progression sucks and hope he's offered soon enough outside of the Versus events for the people that rely on PvE to score covers.
    For me, beating the Gauntlet, the Challenge with a capital C was the best reward in itself. I started sub #3 in bed since events start 10 PM here and my poor brain shut down before I could clear the Black Panther/Sentry/cMagneto node, but I finished the event first thing in the morning since it was so alluring, so beckoning, so refreshing unlike the regular PvEs with their stupid 2,5 hr timers. It felt like a braingasm. I cherish this feeling so much you wouldn't believe, and many other players probably too.
    Hopefully undercovered rosters can still get some enjoyment from the event, I know it's covers that are on your mind, and it's completely understandable, but please leave some space for unscheduled childish glee too.
  • locked wrote:
    Meutrich wrote:
    So is there any special reward at the very end of sub 3, that you get for completing all three subs?
    Nope! All three subs have separate prizes and no sub can award prizes for completing another.
    Blade is very useful even undercovered unlike most other characters, guess due to good design and a passive skill, and passives are generally strong.
    Did not get Goddess team-ups yet, will try my luck against her some more; too bad she either requires charged Whales to deal with her or heavy Sentry-bombing, and even Hexmagnet (XF/cMagneto/Hood) can have issues containing her icon_e_biggrin.gif

A pity. I was hoping for some amazing Iso reward or maybe even a Thorina cover as overall winning prize. In my dreams, the world is beautiful icon_e_smile.gif
    Blade rocks, i've seen that, too. Too bad, i lack some covers for him. Can't wait, until i get more.
    And you are scaring me away from the final fights, as i don't have a good sentry or deadpool or Hexmagnet... Anyway, if there is nothing special, i can still get out after the beautiful black Mrs. Marvel cover...
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Meutrich wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Meutrich wrote:

A pity. I was hoping for some amazing Iso reward or maybe even a Thorina cover as overall winning prize. In my dreams, the world is beautiful icon_e_smile.gif
    Blade rocks, i've seen that, too. Too bad, i lack some covers for him. Can't wait, until i get more.
    And you are scaring me away from the final fights, as i don't have a good sentry or deadpool or Hexmagnet... Anyway, if there is nothing special, i can still get out after the beautiful black Mrs. Marvel cover...
    Don't worry, I only later realized that I should have noted my scaling (quite high), your scaling should be more or less adequate for your roster, and you can always rely on trusty cStorm, MMN, oBW, Ares, the likes. The current buffed roster is incredibly decent for once, even 2* Cap is, err, quite useful in PvE.

Edit - btw earned about 21k ISO in the Gauntlet (4,2k + 7k + 10k), all covers from tokens/rewards sold, including some ISO boosting on harder nodes (I don't use HP boosts in PvE).
  • anyone have a good way to beat sim 41 with L249 Sentry/Hood/Hulk?

I went in with OBW/Lthor/Ldaken boosted and lost.

and my dead pool whales is not filled up yet either..
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I wonder how the game determines the 'past PvE performance' scaling, because my nodes are considerably higher than Worldrunner's (he had like 3 more 166s but I had 1 more 270, and I doubt the game really gives significant weight for the 10th+ 166 in your roster).

I would imagine much like XF270 is carrying serious weight, a 2nd 270 would drive it a bunch. So if you have XF/Fury maxed and WR doesn't, that's likely your difference right there.
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Options
    I didn't try using icon_ms_marvel.png , but I noticed that trying to access the essential node without icon_caroldanvers.png had her as the option instead. Are we supposed to be able to do the essential nodes with the 2*? :S
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe that's linked to the bug where she has a 3* revive time? The system considers her to be the Modern character with different stats and powers?
  • Demolira
    Demolira Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    silverrex wrote:
    anyone have a good way to beat sim 41 with L249 Sentry/Hood/Hulk?

I went in with OBW/Lthor/Ldaken boosted and lost.

and my dead pool whales is not filled up yet either..

I used a 166 X-Force, Steve Rogers and LDaken. After dropping Hood ASAP, it's just a matter of shield throws wearing them down. Considering I didn't see a single ability from Sentry, I think I got a bit lucky.
  • I used Lcap OBW DP wth boosts, but won not using whales. Good starting board with matchable red was helpful though.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From what people are reporting about scaling, I wonder if average roster strength also plays a role (as opposed to only max level character).
  • looks like Lcap is nice, sadly my Lcap is under leveled.

but I finally beat Sim 41 using OBW/Lthor/Ldaken. Boosted heading in, I had some lucky cascade which helped me take hood down in 3 turns. Then I kept stealing and keeping Sentry under control until he dies. Saved up 30+ green ap and threw down a L218 windstorm and stun lock hulk so I can unleash everything on him with no anger triggered.
  • loroku wrote:
    From what people are reporting about scaling, I wonder if average roster strength also plays a role (as opposed to only max level character).

the last time I check my average roster level was around 66. Maybe close to 70 by now with 52 roster spots. and I face global domination with L151 AI, I just completed all the missions and the starting node now sits at L204
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The cpt marvel/ms marvel thing has happened at least once before in the past with MNMags being useable where cMags was supposed to be essential (I think it was a Simulator, but not 100% on that). I don't recall it ever happening with any other duplicate characters (whether lazy or different versions).
  • mohio wrote:
    The cpt marvel/ms marvel thing has happened at least once before in the past with MNMags being useable where cMags was supposed to be essential (I think it was a Simulator, but not 100% on that). I don't recall it ever happening with any other duplicate characters (whether lazy or different versions).

well there is also a node with Daken/Ldaken/Patch in one of the essentials

come to think of it I think it is not fair considering if us players have certain restrictions, why does the AI do not
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    loroku wrote:

I doubt that's the case or there'd be a whale somewhere with 50 lvl 1 characters at the bottom of his roster offsetting the top guys. It's probably based on the top X number of characters where X < 10 and probably X < 5, since one 270 seems to move the needle so much.

As I'm reviewing the other comments, it's very likely a weighted averaged on top of that. Comparing my roster to punter as described http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18365&start=60#p242076, his is 166 and 128's (assuming at least 4 of them). That's an average of 135.6

My top end at the start was 141/141/134/134/134 which averages to 136.8. Yet his levels to start are 21 levels higher. That tells me the 166 is carrying more weight.

You also have rosters that are lower leveled (BrandonE reporting same levels as me but avg 94 roster), so that tells me the scaling potentially has an upper/lower control limit that groups players into tiers rather than linearly (or exponentially) scaling on a strict formula.

All told, we'd need a ton of data to statistically model this portion of the algorithm with any kind of accuracy. And that's assuming we could reduce the noise of unknown other factors.
  • Kavel
    Kavel Posts: 85
    Options
    Global domination is 204/204/204 for me. I have a 250 Xforce, a 225 fury, and 12 @ 166.
  • Kavel wrote:
    Global domination is 204/204/204 for me. I have a 250 Xforce, a 225 fury, and 12 @ 166.

to start? or after completion? since my upper starting nodes are 152 and after completing all the nodes, it now sits at 204. (I only have 3 characters over level 100
  • Jorit
    Jorit Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Question about the Gauntlet.

Still pretty new to the game and playing on a mobile (not sure if that makes a difference). Trying to get *** up to above like level 64 as don't have enough covers for any single one person. Have 4 or 5 ** at level 94.

The question I have is in global domination was it really normal that on Simulation 37 it is expecting me to be fighting level 128 people? I THINK I can do it but worried about how much more it will scale before the end.
  • Kavel
    Kavel Posts: 85
    Options
    silverrex wrote:
    Kavel wrote:

to start? or after completion? since my upper starting nodes are 152 and after completing all the nodes, it now sits at 204. (I only have 3 characters over level 100

To start. I've completed Wilderness Survival and all but the last fight in Alpine Tactics (including some but not all essentials yet).
  • I just realized completing non-essential nodes won't make me reach the top rewards (3* cover) and repeating the nodes doesn't give any points. This sucks. If you don't have Blade, you can't get any 3* covers unless you get lucky with a standard or event token.

My second from the last node in second sub is level 150. Feels like a challenge already. My first Hard node.