The Gauntlet: Oct. 30 - Nov. 4

Options

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finished the 1st Sim, and looks like if there is scaling, it's very minor this time around. Wasn't paying active attention, but most of them are in the same ballpark as when they started. Will watch more carefully on the 2nd sim.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2014
    Options
    The levels of the beginning nodes for each sub for me are:

Sim 1: 100x3
    Sim 15: 102, 101x2
    Sim 29: 152, 151x2

Sim 2: 43x3
    Sim 3: 55x3
    Sim 4: 70x2, 69
    Sim 5: 83x3
    Sim 6: 85x2, 86
    Sim 7: 88x3
    Sim 8: 90x3
    Sim 9: 92, 91x2
    Sim 10: 96, 95x2
    Sim 11: 100x3
    Sim 12: 97x3
    Sim 13: 107x2, 106
    Sim 14: 106, 105x2
    Sim 16: 105, 104x2
    Sim 17: 118x3
    Sim 18: 118x3
    Sim 19: 121x3
    Sim 20: 121x3
    Sim 21: 132x3
    Sim 22: 135x3
    Sim 23: 135x3
    Sim 24: 148, 147x2
    Sim 25: 148, 147x2
    Sim 26: 155, 154x2
    Sim 27: 151, 150x2
    Sim 28: 160x3

Essential 1: 75x3
    Essential 2: 85, 84x2
    Essential 3: 84x3
    Essential 4: 94x3
    Essential 5: 95, 94x2
    Essential 6: 95, 94x2
    Essential 7: 118x3
    Essential 8: 118x3
    Essential 9: 129, 128x2
    Essential 10: 139x2, 138

I have one 166 3*. I also have a 153, 140, 130, 115, and a 110 (all 3*).

The buffed roster I have (pre-buffed levels) 80 Daken, 43 Captain Marvel, 40 Blade, and maxed Ares/OBW/Cap.
  • black_mantra
    black_mantra Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    icon_razz.gif . . .good that they bring Gauntlet back cuz I was not able to participate last time bcuz of it's game time
    icon_e_sad.gif . . .sad I don't have Blade . . .hoping for luck to get him on my stock covers from past events
  • Thirst has been surprisingly useful considering I've only got the one cover so it triggers at 11 tiles. Avoiding red is hard since it's a strong color, but running Blade with Ares and OBW (or Daken) makes it a little easier. Maybe I'll be more creative with my teams once I run into that wall of Thors.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not sure if anyone from d3 will even see this, but I wonder why they made new tokens for this gauntlet over the last one. All other events have always had the same event tokens carry over when they were rerun so it's curious why this particular rerun is different. Maybe the system somehow doesn't see it as a rerun and treated it as new? I'm not gonna be a conspiracy theorist or anything, just curious.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ^To get people to stop hoarding tokens so that they can pull new characters months later.
  • Konman wrote:
    Is it even possible to get all the progression rewards if you can't do the essential nodes because, like most people, I don't have a Blade?

You can win a Blade in the Captain Marvel PVP starting tomorrow and play the Blade nodes on Monday.
  • Hmm, my Simulator 38 is 362 instead of 305 like WorldRunner's, so apparently there's still a difference in scaling even when you have level 270s. No I didn't do any node more than once yet.

Ironically it's still considerably easier than last time...
  • Konman wrote:
    Is it even possible to get all the progression rewards if you can't do the essential nodes because, like most people, I don't have a Blade?

Hopefully you can win some Blade covers from the Captain Marvel PVP that starts tomorrow. You'll also need Marvel to do some essential nodes in the latter part of the 2nd section of the Gauntlet.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You can get Marvel just from doing non-essential nodes in Global Domination, though. The one you're really stuck without is Daken.
  • Just noticed on the icon_caroldanvers.png essentials, that it defaults to the unbuffed icon_ms_marvel.png ... definitely played the first one with a severe handicap.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The thing I love about the Gauntlet is the fact that we DON'T GRIND ANYTHING!!!

Well, unless you want those extra rewards for the node, but I'm not breaking my neck over anything less than 500 Iso or 25 HP.

Though the cruelest joke would be:
    If Fly, Fight, Win doesn't reward Blade.
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    HP.

(http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2352 ... uest_blade - He’ll then also be available as a reward in Captain Marvel’s upcoming Versus rounds, scheduled to begin on October 31.)
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kaigen wrote:
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    HP.

(http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2352 ... uest_blade - He’ll then also be available as a reward in Captain Marvel’s upcoming Versus rounds, scheduled to begin on October 31.)

Isn't this the same source who previously said that icon_devildino.png was the 1st and Only character to feature greenflag.pngredflag.pngpurpleflag.png abilities?
    And the same source that said that star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png would feature blueflag.pngyellowflag.pnggreenflag.png abilities ?
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    Kaigen wrote:
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    HP.

Isn't this the same source who previously said that icon_devildino.png was the 1st and Only character to feature greenflag.pngredflag.pngpurpleflag.png abilities?
    And the same source that said that star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png would feature blueflag.pngyellowflag.pnggreenflag.png abilities ?

I never remember reading either of those two things and I read most of the articles they put in the announcements.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not sure about those 2 specifically, but I do remember them being wrong about the order of some events in these kind of articles in the past. I fully expect the blade rewards though since quite often they've been handing out the pve essential character as pvp rewards midway through the pve
  • Lol at my Simulation 34 fight.

Level My Patch / Daken / Loki vs. 188-189 Cap Marvel / Daredevil Fury.

Daken only has 2 in Purple, so I focus on Daredevil before he starts getting those ambushes out, while also attempting to deny blue. The attempt fails, but thankfully Daredevil decides to use it on 2 Equalizers.

Of course what happens next - Daken is stunned for 7 turns, and Patch the turn after him. Leaving poor level 119 Loki to face a dying Daredevil and the extremely healthy Marvel+Fury.

6-7 illusion-filled turns later, the clawed regenerators wake up to a 700 health Loki presenting them with 30 Green and 30 Blue AP icon_e_smile.gif
  • Finished the event and the only node I had a lot of problem was anything with Sentry in it, which is hardly surprising. Having Daken boosted means The Hood only has to tank yellow, which makes it much easier to keep him for sustained battles. Ended up using a WhaleX3 on the 395 ThorX3 but I sort of fell asleep and let them have 12 yellow and decided I probably didn't want to take chances after a Striking Distance (Thor 3* was already down at that point) because I had plenty of strike tiles for Thor 4* to convert with Striking Distance.

I wonder how the game determines the 'past PvE performance' scaling, because my nodes are considerably higher than Worldrunner's (he had like 3 more 166s but I had 1 more 270, and I doubt the game really gives significant weight for the 10th+ 166 in your roster). At least this time I only hit 395 on the second to last node, the last node, and the last essential. In the first Gauntlet everything from 5 nodes before last and up was 395, including the entire essential track at the end, and that was not fun.
  • kalirion wrote:
    Lol at my Simulation 34 fight.

Level My Patch / Daken / Loki vs. 188-189 Cap Marvel / Daredevil Fury.

Daken only has 2 in Purple, so I focus on Daredevil before he starts getting those ambushes out, while also attempting to deny blue. The attempt fails, but thankfully Daredevil decides to use it on 2 Equalizers.

Of course what happens next - Daken is stunned for 7 turns, and Patch the turn after him. Leaving poor level 119 Loki to face a dying Daredevil and the extremely healthy Marvel+Fury.

6-7 illusion-filled turns later, the clawed regenerators wake up to a 700 health Loki presenting them with 30 Green and 30 Blue AP icon_e_smile.gif

I was really tempted to use Loki on the Daken/Daken/Patch node, though I don't like the prospect of surviving long enough until a Berserker Rage goes off (and surviving that as well) so I wimped out and brought Sentry instead.
  • So is there any special reward at the very end of sub 3, that you get for completing all three subs?