The Gauntlet: Oct. 30 - Nov. 4

Comments

• loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hooray gauntlet!
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    YES!
    A welcome break from the last few weeks of constant grinding.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rank 17 of 935 players in 2nd sub. Halfway thru, got the token, finished the first set of essentials and the node after. Gotta take a break and let my guys heal up / healthpacks regen.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    Trying to read back to see if the scaling in the Gauntlet was figured out last time it ran - if it was based on your top characters when you started or if it moves if you start levelling up mid-event.

I've a 166 Hulk, then a bunch of chars at 127/128 that I'm slowly creeping up to 130 over the last few days. But if that's going to boost my scaling I'll hold off on ISO spending until I'm done, no need to make the last nodes any harder than they need to be!

Currently Alpine has lvl 101 goons in node 1 and Global lvl 151/2, for info. Do others want to post their opening node values and rough top roster lvls?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm seeing level 130/131 in Global Domination's first node, with a roster that has one person at level 114 and everybody else topping out at level 94.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm seeing level 130/131 in Global Domination's first node, with a roster that has one person at level 114 and everybody else topping out at level 94.

I'm seeing the same, i've got Sentry/XF at 141, a few at 134, and staggered down to the 2*s.
  • Yeah, the Gauntlet is back! Love this one. Boosted Ares always fun. Lazy Daken is one of my most covered 3* characters, but I could still use another Healing and Heat. And no grind.

As for the people complaining about the weak rewards, how's about this for an idea? We still get the less coveted covers for progression, but rather than have points-based ranking rewards for the good stuff, maybe there's an extra much more attractive cover for completing the gauntlet with fewer than a certain number of deaths/retreats?
  • fickle wrote:
    It looks like blade is required to complete all the missions? Does this mean I cant get Daken if I didnt pick up Blade in the PVE event recently?

If hes not available as a PVP reward soon this is a bit unfair

You need him to complete the first part, BUT I don't think Blade is necessary to get the access to the second part.
    Can someone check it ?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am fine with the Gauntlet as it means I don't have to grind and have a little break. I bassicly skipped lighting rounds as the grind of anniversary week, new season, 2 new characters has been a major grind. I am not happy that there is no progression reward for blade. I missed out on his purple cover and was hoping to get one in PVE.
  • My Global Domination opening:
    130/131/130

My roster:
    10 max 2*
    4 lvl 94 under-covered soft-capped 3*/4*
    a few more in the 88-91 range
    followed by a small host of lvl 40 3* with no ISO in them

My typical placement:
    I finished 47 in The Hunt for 2 Blade covers.
    I typically get at least 1 3* cover in PVE.
    I didn't quite finish The Gauntlet last time, but got within the final few nodes.
  • My Global dom opening

151/152/151

finished 4th place for 3 blade covers.

I have three 3* ranging between l134-158, the rest all 94 or below. I average about 9+ covers for all of my 3* heroes. just not going to sink ISO in unless I want bump one off my main team.
  • My global domination mode is 130/131/130

Bunch of 3*s at 120. My Ldaken is boosted to 150 and is the highest level character I have at my disposal for the event.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, I must say I'm a bit miffed that I can't get a Blade cover as a progression award (probably,) but in general I don't have any real objection to the reward structure of the Gauntlet. Sure, you end up with a lot less stuff overall, but as people point out, it is a lot less grindy.

Now, if it ran all the time, I'd be annoyed. As it is, it is a nice break. I can definitely use that Captain Marvel cover, hopefully I can get to it.
  • Global domination is 236 for me.

This is at least within the doable range even if it's still not fair.
  • fickle wrote:
    It looks like blade is required to complete all the missions? Does this mean I cant get Daken if I didnt pick up Blade in the PVE event recently?

You need him to complete the first part, BUT I don't think Blade is necessary to get the access to the second part.
    Can someone check it ?

You don't need Blade to complete all the normal nodes, but you WILL need him to get the top progression reward in each category, since those require you to complete ALL the nodes, including the essentials.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, I would like to thank D3 - after some serious soul searching I decided to spend hero points (for the first time) and get LDaken's purple covers 4 and 5 - reasoning that even if he comes up in PVP in the next month or two the extra time with a useful Daken will be nice. I still need a blue for him, but that's not an essential cover as far as I'm concerned.

As of right now it is officially totally worth it!
  • GrimSkald wrote:
    Well, I must say I'm a bit miffed that I can't get a Blade cover as a progression award (probably,) but in general I don't have any real objection to the reward structure of the Gauntlet. Sure, you end up with a lot less stuff overall, but as people point out, it is a lot less grindy.

Now, if it ran all the time, I'd be annoyed. As it is, it is a nice break. I can definitely use that Captain Marvel cover, hopefully I can get to it.

It's not less stuff overall. There are 3 3*s and that's about the best you can expect in PvE unless you're one of those 2 guys who don't sleep. It's not the 3* you're looking for but another PvE event could've easily offered IM40 for reward too. Only 1% of people can finish top 10 for the 3 3* covers. 15% of the people have Blade from last event, so as long as 1 out of 15 guys with Blade completed all 3 brackets it's still the same overall. It should be quite easy for more than 15% to get the 1st cover in the last bracket if they have favorable scaling.
  • ltrain23 wrote:
    fickle wrote:

Can someone check it ?

You don't need Blade to complete all the normal nodes, but you WILL need him to get the top progression reward in each category, since those require you to complete ALL the nodes, including the essentials.

Yeah, so without Blade you can ony get Cap Marvel from 3* rewards, as you can get enough points for her without essentials.
  • The Captain Marvel PVP starting starting tomorrow and ending on Sunday will have blade rewards.(http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2352 ... uest_blade - He’ll then also be available as a reward in Captain Marvel’s upcoming Versus rounds, scheduled to begin on October 31.)

So, if you don't have blade, you could do all the other nodes now and then do all the essentials Nodes on Monday after the Captain Marvel PVP but before the end of the PvE.

There are also two tokens in the progression prizes that may give blade or you can just buy the tokens. 2.3% chance.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    fickle wrote:

Can someone check it ?

You can open all the subs by finishing all the non essentials, but you won't get all the progression rewards, because to get all the progression rewards, you need the points from the essentials. You can't replay nodes for points.