Lightning rounds (will they ever rotate again?)

Options

Comments

• I'm loving these lightening rounds as Patch (loki buffed) (hood buffed) cleans house.

Of course I'm getting 2* daken from top 8 LR finish tokens but oh well.

What's the LR schedule during the week? This is first time I'm now able to compete (100 day player).
  • Switchman wrote:
    What's the LR schedule during the week? This is first time I'm now able to compete (100 day player).

It's almost always Noon (Eastern time) Tuesday to noon Thursday, but it varies up a little sometimes.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rotating In: Magneto (Classic), Squirrel Girl, Thor (Modern) and Star-Lord added to packs.

Rotating Out: Captain America (Steve Rogers), Captain Marvel (Modern), The Hulk removed from packs.

Currently Cap and Hulk are in the hero rotation, so two more will move in. They like to put new characters in, Luke Cage and Blade in?

Surprised that Rags didn't make it in for a villain rotation. Maybe CMags will go right in and either Hood or Sentry will rotate out?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Rotating In: Magneto (Classic), Squirrel Girl, Thor (Modern) and Star-Lord added to packs.

Rotating Out: Captain America (Steve Rogers), Captain Marvel (Modern), The Hulk removed from packs.

Currently Cap and Hulk are in the hero rotation, so two more will move in. They like to put new characters in, Luke Cage and Blade in?

Surprised that Rags didn't make it in for a villain rotation. Maybe CMags will go right in and either Hood or Sentry will rotate out?
    I'm hoping they drop Sentry in favor of Magneto. That self-damage is extra brutal in a lightning round environment.
    Then again, that would mean that the only boosted character who is strong in green would be Loki...
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

I'm hoping they drop Sentry in favor of Magneto. That self-damage is extra brutal in a lightning round environment.
    Then again, that would mean that the only boosted character who is strong in green would be Loki...

Good point on color. Rags would fill that hole, maybe Hood out this season and Sentry next.

Agree with you on Sentry, and I haven't chimed in on the suggestions forum - but he is just the worst. He's a great D option still - he has high HP and no one wants a WR or Supernova go off. But to play -with-, just awful. I've played with him every match of LR's for each week he's been in, and it has been months - for that D reason.

I'm relatively certain I have never used one of his abilities in that entire run. He's been there as tank/D only. I mentioned a couple seasons back that the Sentry rounds seem to have less play than others - no one wants/can play against (or with) Sentry for lots of rounds in a row.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Season 11 heroes captain america and hulk out; DD and Spidey in

Heroes: Punisher, Groot & Rocket Raccoon, Gamora, Spider-Man, Daredevil

Villians: Same
  • Quebbster
    Options

Hey, purple! About time... I'll likely be running Punisher, Spidey and Daredevil then, dropping Spiderman when necessary.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options

Villains for first round, same ones isn't a surprise - not many villains around, Rags hasn't rotated back in yet.

Where did you get this heroes list from, was it in the Hex code somewhere or is it just a guess?
  • SnowcaTT wrote:

Villains for first round, same ones isn't a surprise - not many villains around, Rags hasn't rotated back in yet.

Where did you get this heroes list from, was it in the Hex code somewhere or is it just a guess?

I was kind of hoping CMags would be back in as a buffed villain & Sentry rotated out. :-/
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Red Panda wrote:
    I was kind of hoping CMags would be back in as a buffed villain & Sentry rotated out. :-/

Quebbster pointed out that this would leave no green primary (other than Loki) enemy, that's probably why they didn't. Probably next season will be CMags/Rags + 3rd ability both - Hood/Sentry out, then you'll stay pretty even with color coverage.

Although I also wish CMags would rotate in - because it seems like they are more likely to run PVP's of characters that are currently in LR's. I haven't seen a CMags-red event in my 300ish days of playing.

It also means we had BETTER SEE A BLUE HOOD PVP before the end of the season (when I suspect Hood will rotate out), another cover I haven't seen as a "gettable" PVP reward.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Did the start-up nodes change? Through two sets of LR's I've seen only the featured character with one ability. I'm getting nodes with Storm at level 11 or 15, but I haven't seen the Storm/Black Widow level 90 or the Juggy/Venom level 25.

I've been tracking these for a couple weeks and noticed they never change. I think this is all the seed teams (they are the same for PVP's), let me know if I missed one. (X) here represents the boosted character, a level 60 if it's a 3* and a level 105 if it's a 4*. The others they are matched up with are 1*'s, at a low enough level that I didn't bother writing down if they have one, two, or three abilities. You can't get two of these teams at the same time in different nodes - usually for the sake of speed I leave too_many_pants and lokivsleah for last (the two biggest Juggy's, so the most health to churn through).

Lokivsleah: (X), 17IM, 11 Juggy
    Too_many_pants: (X), 17 Venom, 13 Juggy
    Eld_the_preth: (X), 15 storm, 12 IM
    B4C0N_M4G1C: (X), 15 Hawkeye, 13 IM
    Just_a_genius: (x), 11 Storm, 15IM
    WhatFlappinYo: (X), 2 Hawkeye, 3IM
    Pyromantic: (X), 2 Storm, 4 Hawkeye
    Kicksthatkick: (X), 1 Venom, 2IM
    wannaBSkrull: (X), Storm2, IM2
    BL4CKH4M: (X)/1 Storm/1 Juggy
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Aw, same rotation of villain/villain/hero it looks like - so we still don't know hero rotation. This rotation has never made any sense to me, as there are so many fewer villains and you have to play them so much more often....
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    Aw, same rotation of villain/villain/hero it looks like - so we still don't know hero rotation. This rotation has never made any sense to me, as there are so many fewer villains and you have to play them so much more often....

Originally, the LRs were just the villains, and were the only events that regularly featured the (then five) villains. Hero lightning rounds didn't come around until later. I think the current structure is a remnant of that.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Gamora, Spider Man, Daredevil, Rocket and Groot, The Punisher. Hulk and Cap out, Daredevil and Spidey in (again?).

Wow, those might be some LOOOOONG rounds with Groot + Spidey.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Originally, the LRs were just the villains, and were the only events that regularly featured the (then five) villains. Hero lightning rounds didn't come around until later. I think the current structure is a remnant of that.
    Also, villains are rarely featured in PvE.
  • It's the first time I don't see a single seed team by joining the round in the first minute. Usually I can reach 150 points with only the seeds teams.

Am I the only one ?
  • I still saw enough seed teams to get the first two progression awards for the first two LR.
  • sk8-45 wrote:
    It's the first time I don't see a single seed team by joining the round in the first minute. Usually I can reach 150 points with only the seeds teams.

Am I the only one ?

I got up to 185 on seed teams on the first (Gamora) one.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Seed teams appear normal for me as well. But I start within seconds of the event beginning usually.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Saw normal number of seed teams in all three rounds (well, slightly less in first round since MPQ crashed after about 7 matches)

Just realized this is a con - daredevil loaner has purple ability, Spidey has D tiles, Groot has strike tiles, Gamora has strike tiles, Punisher has strike tiles.....

It doesn't make me buy it, icon_daredevil.pngpurpleflag.png is still garbage!