Lightning rounds (will they ever rotate again?)

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Season 10: i don't know which order

Heroes: Glamora, Groot & Rocket Raccoon, Hulk, Punisher, Steve Rogers

Villians: Dr. Doom, Loki, Hood, Mystique, Sentry
    I suppose my default teams will be Steve/Frank/Bruce in heroic rounds then. Not sure about villains since only Sentry and Hood are maxed and Sentry is hard to play in LRs. A little disappointed about the color combinations though - three heroes that are red/green/black and the other two have yellow/blue along with either red or green. Not enough purple among the heroes, too much purple/black/blue among the heroes...
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doom, Punisher icon_e_wink.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Half an hour to go - I'm guessing villains first. There seems to be a trend that featured PVE characters are also boosted in LR's (so it becomes difficult to use them in both, or use more health packs between the two events) - so I'm guessing Hood/Doom (both featured) will be in and upcoming.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Half an hour to go - I'm guessing villains first. There seems to be a trend that featured PVE characters are also boosted in LR's (so it becomes difficult to use them in both, or use more health packs between the two events) - so I'm guessing Hood/Doom (both featured) will be in and upcoming.

Well, wrong on side - Hulk is also featured, and they went with allies.

Punisher in (Turul and others correct), She-Hulk out.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Yep. To preserve the list for posterity and give the order, it's Gamora, the Hulk, Captain America, Rocket & Groot, the Punisher. Or, if you like an icon string:

icon_gamora.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_punisher.png

I really need more Punisher green. I like him, but only have 2 in that.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Yep. To preserve the list for posterity and give the order, it's Gamora, the Hulk, Captain America, Rocket & Groot, the Punisher. Or, if you like an icon string:

icon_gamora.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_punisher.png

I really need more Punisher green. I like him, but only have 2 in that.

I've wondered about order, alphabetically? In order they came in so we know when they'll rotate out? I think Hulk was in first and might be out next rotation.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Did the start-up nodes change? Through two sets of LR's I've seen only the featured character with one ability. I'm getting nodes with Storm at level 11 or 15, but I haven't seen the Storm/Black Widow level 90 or the Juggy/Venom level 25.
  • GrimSkald
    Options
    The order is roughly alphabetical - my guess is it started in alphabetical order then it got shuffled around when they change the tables on the back end that the game works with. What I can tell you is the order of the LRs is the same as how they present the buffed character list.

As far as the seed teams go, they did seem to change them a bit. I am noticing different ones.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I noticed with the revised seed teams in the Hulk LR this morning that I never set off Anger. None of the seeds had a Hulk with more than one ability. I'm hoping that it wasn't just that I got lucky, but that the seeds will all be single ability on the featured character. It was so much nicer not dealing with Anger on every single attack on the Hulk!
  • The revised seed teams just seem to be the ones that have been in non-LR PVP for a while now. I was never sure why there were different ones to begin with, but now there don't seem to be anymore.
  • GrimSkald
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    The revised seed teams just seem to be the ones that have been in non-LR PVP for a while now. I was never sure why there were different ones to begin with, but now there don't seem to be anymore.

Yeah, I noticed that too - lokivsleah, eldthepreth, and their like used to only show up in the "normal" PVPs. I'm still seeing our old friends WannaBskrull, and others, though. Maybe they just expanded them?
  • GrimSkald wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    The revised seed teams just seem to be the ones that have been in non-LR PVP for a while now. I was never sure why there were different ones to begin with, but now there don't seem to be anymore.

Yeah, I noticed that too - lokivsleah, eldthepreth, and their like used to only show up in the "normal" PVPs. I'm still seeing our old friends WannaBskrull, and others, though. Maybe they just expanded them?

That's my guess, though I haven't seen a few of the "hardest" ones lately (BattleAngel1, HIPDUDEGLASSES, jonah, etc.).
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    I love the new seed teams. Don't have to waste a skip on the 94 Storm / 100+ featured, don't have to slug through 30 Venom/Juggy. These feel much more "lightning" again, faster.

I wonder if it's because of the tank characters. I noticed a lot less play on the Hulk/Sentry featured play ones, slugging through that much health over and over gets pretty annoying when it's possible they are level 80 with 2-3 abilities.

In any case: bravo! Rotations are fun, and easy seed nodes are also fun.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Why is there no middle ground in any of the PvP events????? Like...... I seriously go from the seed teams at level 1 or 2 and it jumps straight up to level 94, when most of my teams are at 60 and 70. Why is there no teams in the 30 to 70 range?

You'd think this would be common sense to implement, being that its a TRUE progression........
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Why is there no middle ground in any of the PvP events????? Like...... I seriously go from the seed teams at level 1 or 2 and it jumps straight up to level 94, when most of my teams are at 60 and 70. Why is there no teams in the 30 to 70 range?

You'd think this would be common sense to implement, being that its a TRUE progression........

In the LR's there are large brackets (100,000?) - everyone is thrown together and competes based on event score. So once you run the seed teams you'll have the same points as anyone else that did that. I never ran LR's beyoond the seed teams until I was well into 3* transition.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Ohhhhh. So, I am just getting too big for my britches? I am only 55 days in.

Also, what I said goes for ALL PvP events, for me. Best maybe 10 teams at level 2, then it jumps straight to The 94 Wall or The 166 Wall Of Death. That's just so incredibly silly, to me.....
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    As expected, Loki in, Doc Oc out.
    Buffed Characters Loki, Doctor Doom, The Hood, Mystique, Sentry
    icon_loki.pngicon_doctordoom.pngicon_hood.pngicon_mystique.pngicon_sentry.png
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Ohhhhh. So, I am just getting too big for my britches? I am only 55 days in.

Also, what I said goes for ALL PvP events, for me. Best maybe 10 teams at level 2, then it jumps straight to The 94 Wall or The 166 Wall Of Death. That's just so incredibly silly, to me.....

Once people get max level characters, that's who they run most often. So if many in the player base are using max leveled characters, you're going to see a lot of 94/166 unless you burn a lot of iso skipping to find the users who don't have max characters yet like yourself.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did lightning round end early this week jan 21st?

edit: came back 43 minutes later.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Did lightning round end early this week jan 21st?

Still there, servers were down for a little bit. It ended up being a great round for me - I got on some server while obviously others couldn't, hit 316 points on seed teams (and was ranked 3rd after doing so, 5th around 250 - obviously others also did this).

This was the most fun I've had in a long time on these, it would be great if seed team #'s were tripled or so, let folks churn through them for a longer time.