Lightning rounds (will they ever rotate again?)

Options

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Red Panda wrote:
    Seems to still be following the old pattern of villain, villain, hero 3 week schedule, but seeing how we have few villains to rotate it would nice if they had 3 different sets of heros to rotate into a 4 week schedule. At times it doesn't seem like the devs give enough respect to the Marvel license when important characters get little attention.

Looks like you are correct, the same set of heros (GSBW/Psy/Hulk/IM/She-hulk) are in this fourth rotation. Season is done, maybe we'll see a new set of them when the next season starts?

Also: LR's apparently didn't notice the time-change, they started an hour early.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Red Panda wrote:
    Seems to still be following the old pattern of villain, villain, hero 3 week schedule, but seeing how we have few villains to rotate it would nice if they had 3 different sets of heros to rotate into a 4 week schedule. At times it doesn't seem like the devs give enough respect to the Marvel license when important characters get little attention.

Looks like you are correct, the same set of heros (GSBW/Psy/Hulk/IM/She-hulk) are in this fourth rotation. Season is done, maybe we'll see a new set of them when the next season starts?

Also: LR's apparently didn't notice the time-change, they started an hour early.
    I wondered what happened to the lightning round start times. It might have just been me since ya know I just realized I had 5 in red for She-Hulk. Quite useful following a Berserker Rage when she is buffed.
  • Don't know if it's just me but I have way way more fun in the gsbw/hulk/im40 than the sentry ones.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    Don't know if it's just me but I have way way more fun in the gsbw/hulk/im40 than the sentry ones.

Well, I know it's not just you (seconded)

I notice almost regardless of times the Sentry starting nodes stay around quite a bit longer (when he is required) than the others - I think folks skip that one more than any other.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Starting this lightning round with pyslocke 10am pst, i think they adjusted the MMR like they are suppose to for nefarious foes. matches seem a lot harder than for that last 24 hours.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Starting this lightning round with pyslocke 10am pst, i think they adjusted the MMR like they are suppose to for nefarious foes. matches seem a lot harder than for that last 24 hours.

I noticed the same thing - coming up against a whole host of maxxed out foes. I can't really go against that - not and do the other things I want, so I did one just to stick my hand in and called it done. I'm going to see if this wasn't a fluke or if they really botched MMR.
  • killerkoala
    Options

points went down by 100 points from what i saw leaderboards.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    The starting nodes are still low (like 1/1/60 and similar), I usually just run through those for ISO then throw in a low-end team for others to share the wealth with. The first couple times after the MMR change I noticed almost no attacks on that low-end team, folks didn't want to skip around in max-level teams? After David mentioned the MMR had changed again, I see pretty typical attacks on that team.

Certainly after getting out of the starting nodes the competition is much higher than I'm used to seeing. Before I'd typically come out and see an average of 94/94/60, now it's much closer to my characters levels.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So my theory of LR characters being the next out of tokens was completely wrong. Oh well, maybe just off by a season.

I guess, we'll be having the same LR teams then next season, but no Magneto? Who will be his replacement?
  • yogi_ wrote:
    So my theory of LR characters being the next out of tokens was completely wrong. Oh well, maybe just off by a season.

I guess, we'll be having the same LR teams then next season, but no Magneto? Who will be his replacement?

Probably Mystique
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just had a thought about how these particular 5 characters made it in for the heroes.

Once you take the "vaulted" characters out and eliminate the new ones (though She-Hulk is on the border), these are the 5 least used characters and this is pretty much the only way people will play them regularly.

In this theory, there is no connection between token rotation and future character appearance.
  • yogi_ wrote:
    Just had a thought about how these particular 5 characters made it in for the heroes.

Once you take the "vaulted" characters out and eliminate the new ones (though She-Hulk is on the border), these are the 5 least used characters and this is pretty much the only way people will play them regularly.

In this theory, there is no connection between token rotation and future character appearance.

I can definitely see your perspective though I'm pretty sure Mohawk Storm is used a lot less than Hulk. I like the idea of a Lightning Rounds focused on rarely used characters but there really needs to be at least another set of 5 heroes in rotation.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is anyone actually seeing the lightning rounds yet? I've got nothing.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    LR's started this week with Daken as featured (same enemy rotation)...then one by one my nodes disappeared after I beat them, and the event is now gone completely under versus. Other server things (PVE) seem to work, what happened to the LR's?
  • Progression rewards and leaderboard didn't work, it seems. So my guess is no LR today.
  • Could it be the seasonal encoding issue they've had several times now?
  • Didn't see this mentioned elsewhere - Mystique in place of CMag for villain LR
  • killerkoala
    Options
    i hope they compensate us all with 2 lightning round tokens, they seem to register our points till nodes disappeared
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Yep, that must have been the problem. I made it to 100 with Mags and didn't get reward first time, they came back and they removed Magneto for Mystique.

Meaning you still have Hood-Sentry-Daken (boo), and your other two are new ones (Doc Oc, Mystique) that most folks won't have covered and therefore won't play (boo).

Rotation would be good, how about rotate all of the Hood-Sentry-Daken out?
  • killerkoala
    Options
    i think it's cause cmags is still buffed and not mystique from what i remember