Lightning rounds (will they ever rotate again?)

Options

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2nd set seemed to run fine (2:00), the 4:00 (Hood) has no start-time countdown for some reason. Also not the 6:00 (Mystique), perhaps this is a "feature"? Last week when the LR's had a countdown to time, they also had the exclamation mark (event not started) before it was possible to start them [PC, Steam].

A clock does show up at 0:00
  • Just finished top 50 - the two heroics got me a black Doc Ock and a Blue Fury. Both needed. Doc Ock's done now, meaning that I"ve now got ever 3* except the three new ones (Blade, Mystique, and Rocket & Groot) at 13 covers, though a few need respecs.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ben, what sort of score do you need to get top 50? Have never tried a proper run at an LR before, be good to know how far off I might be
  • y2fitzy wrote:
    ben, what sort of score do you need to get top 50? Have never tried a proper run at an LR before, be good to know how far off I might be

It varies. In my experience, recently, it's usually 300+, with low 300s at easier times, mid-300s at harder ones. The 26-50 band is usually over a very narrow point range because a lot of people want it rather than the 9-25 one.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What are some of your favorite teams of featured characters in Lightning Rounds these days?
    I normally take the hit-it-and-quit-it approach, only getting 10" points, so playing with combos. Since the characters have rotated, I haven't been able to find a team that all that fun - in heroes or villains.

Is usually end up doing G.S. Black Widow/Model 40/Psylocke or Hulk for heroes. Too much red, green, and blue overlap with these news guys.
    For villains Sentry/Hood/L.Daken are my go-to team since my DocOck and Mystique aren't yet battle-ready. It'll be interesting to see if their recent updates shake things up at all there.

Just wanted to see that other combos people are playing with.
  • In the hero rounds, I almost always take Hulk, usually Psylocke. The other depends. I usually fight the seed teams, and will occasionally push for tokens, though less frequently lately. I never push in Hulk rounds, though, and don't always keep going past 109 points.

I miss using Ragnarok and Doom, to be honest. They were more fun.
  • What are some of your favorite teams of featured characters in Lightning Rounds these days?
    I normally take the hit-it-and-quit-it approach, only getting 10" points, so playing with combos. Since the characters have rotated, I haven't been able to find a team that all that fun - in heroes or villains.

Is usually end up doing G.S. Black Widow/Model 40/Psylocke or Hulk for heroes. Too much red, green, and blue overlap with these news guys.
    For villains Sentry/Hood/L.Daken are my go-to team since my DocOck and Mystique aren't yet battle-ready. It'll be interesting to see if their recent updates shake things up at all there.

Just wanted to see that other combos people are playing with.

Patch/Daken + Featured. True Healing all the way.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Next season predictions?

Villians:
    Doctor Octopus
    Hood
    Loki? (pretty much no one else to use)
    Mystique
    Sentry

Heroes:
    Hulk
    She-Hulk
    Excluding GotG, remaining are Beast, Blade, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Colossus, Daredevil, Deadpool, Falcon, Spider-Man, Storm and Wolverine.

So, it depends what direction they want to go, either:
    Daredevil and Wolverine (new/returning) and an older/established character like Spider-Man or Storm?
    Daredevil and Wolverine (new/returning) and a more recent addition such as Beast, Blade, Captain Marvel, Colossus?
    Remaining older characters - Spider-Man, Storm, other?
    More recent characters, eg. Beast, Blade, Captain Marvel, Colossus?
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    Next season predictions?

Villians:
    Doctor Octopus
    Hood
    Mystique
    Sentry

Very nice! Loki in, Daken out for first season IX round.

I would think your Daredevil guess is also right - and wonder like you did if it will be two and which two.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    Next season predictions?

Villians:
    Doctor Octopus
    Hood
    Mystique
    Sentry

Heroes:
    Hulk
    She-Hulk
    Excluding GotG, remaining are Beast, Blade, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Colossus, Daredevil, Deadpool, Falcon, Spider-Man, Storm and Wolverine.

So, it depends what direction they want to go, either:
    Daredevil and Wolverine (new/returning) and an older/established character like Spider-Man or Storm?
    Daredevil and Wolverine (new/returning) and a more recent addition such as Beast, Blade, Captain Marvel, Colossus?
    Remaining older characters - Spider-Man, Storm, other?
    More recent characters, eg. Beast, Blade, Captain Marvel, Colossus?

Leaking R67,
    ChapterImg_LR_Event_Gamora
    ChapterImg_LR_Event_CaptainAmericaGold
    ChapterImg_LR_Event_RocketAndGroot
    (this may not mean near future event, only that they ready)
  • Well that would be the one reason to get Gamora above 100 I guess.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    There is Gamora and Rocket, as predicted. Also Cap, so only Hulk/She-Hulk remain from last rotation. GSBW, Psylock, and IM all leave token rotation - and following lightning rounds.

I see a Hero thread (viewtopic.php?f=20&t=20947), I've been trying to update this one with whatever rotations there are - just a bit busy to get to it right away.

Hopefully it will eventually give a historical reference to rotations so guesses can be made on upcoming rotations. For now it looks like a rotation will be made each season - and there aren't as many villains as heroes, so it's harder to rotate them. Also easy to predict which ones will go out by assuming anyone out of token rotation will leave LR rotation.

With that - I'm surprised either Patch (previous long-time LR character) or Daredevil didn't get in the LR instead of Cap : both of them rotated in this season.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Last week's LRs ended prematurely with the appearance of the "Electra" LRs at noon EST on Wednesday. They stated in the "Game Rules" blurb that the Electra LRs will be run ever 10 hours until New Years - as a result I was not expecting LRs this week.

Unexpectedly, they just started with the current Villian rotation: icon_loki.pngicon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_hood.pngicon_mystique.pngicon_sentry.png

The next Electra LR should start at 6pm EST today. We'll see if that derails the normal LRs, or if they will continue after that point and last week was a mistake.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Glad to see them back. Just clearing the basic nodes and selling covers, I can get about 2K ISO out of LR's, and can hit 5-6 of them a day.

I was clearing about 5K ISO by playing against actual people in Elektra nodes, but being able to play 2 times only every other day or so. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing 4* LR's running concurrently with regular ones: hopefully these don't shut off again once Elektra launches.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Trying to update first post with current character images as well as past LR characters. I already forget the ones I used for months and months, can anyone help out my poor memory? I though there were six buffed of each:

Heroes: GSBW, Patch, Hulk, Spiderman, (Psylocke? Punisher?)
    Villians: Ragnarock, Loki, Doctor Doom, Magneto (Daken?)
  • GrimSkald
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Trying to update first post with current character images as well as past LR characters. I already forget the ones I used for months and months, can anyone help out my poor memory? I though there were six buffed of each:

Heroes: GSBW, Patch, Hulk, Spiderman, (Psylocke? Punisher?)
    Villians: Ragnarock, Loki, Doctor Doom, Magneto (Daken?)

It was PunPun. After the first character rotation they took out Spiderman and Punisher, the latter was out of the token rotation, I guess they took out Spidey because they just wanted 5.

Villians were Ragnarok, Loki, Doctor Doom, Magneto, Hood.

Yeah, Heroes had 6 boosted characters, Villians had 5.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Season 10:

Villians:
    Doctor Doom ?
    Hood
    Loki
    Mystique
    Sentry

Heroes:
    Captain America
    Gamora
    Hulk
    Rocket and Groot
    and take your pick... Blade, Captain Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Falcon, Human Torch, Luke Cage, Punisher, Spider-Man, Storm, Wolverine
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Sounds about right. From yesterday:
    Rotating In: Doctor Doom, Human Torch, Luke Cage, Punisher (and Elektra added to packs).

Rotating Out: Beast, Doctor Octopus, She-Hulk, Colossus.

Rignt now Ock/She-hulk were all in LR's, so they'll get a shake-up. I'd guess Doom in for Ock.

Maybe Daredevil in for Shulk? He's the most recent change, they seem to want to put in new characters. Cage is given between seasons, maybe they wait until next season?

This week's LR is between seasons, and like usual kept the same characters as before - since they haven't rotated yet.
  • GrimSkald
    Options
    For Posterity's sake, to be explicit - LRs from 1/6/15 to 1/8/15 feature the following characters:

icon_loki.pngicon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_hood.pngicon_mystique.pngicon_sentry.png

Incidentally, they go in that order.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Season 10: i don't know which order

Heroes: Glamora, Groot & Rocket Raccoon, Hulk, Punisher, Steve Rogers

Villians: Dr. Doom, Loki, Hood, Mystique, Sentry