Lightning rounds (will they ever rotate again?)

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, if you're on Eastern time new rounds start on odd hours and end 90 minutes later.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sluggo wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    XXVII.....no change....
    Honestly, I can live with there being no change, because I have to believe if they ever spend five minutes tweaking the LRs, the first thing they'll do is find a way to kill the seed teams and the ISO that comes from it.
    now that I see this I have to agree. lets not tweak this for more 'fun' or 'challenge'. I'm ok with them being lazy here.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    2 LRs in a row after the new update - giving 3 less seeds. they were always variable before, but hopefully this isn't a new feature.

edit: 3rd LR back to normal. seeds usually take me to 229.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    Sluggo wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    XXVII.....no change....
    Honestly, I can live with there being no change, because I have to believe if they ever spend five minutes tweaking the LRs, the first thing they'll do is find a way to kill the seed teams and the ISO that comes from it.
    now that I see this I have to agree. lets not tweak this for more 'fun' or 'challenge'. I'm ok with them being lazy here.
    TxMoose wrote:
    2 LRs in a row after the new update - giving 3 less seeds. they were always variable before, but hopefully this isn't a new feature.

edit: 3rd LR back to normal. seeds usually take me to 229.

heh, this is the "new" challenging mode jynx. damn u can get all the way to 220's, i barely get to close 200.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I forget the exact breaks, I think it's 179/210(ish?)/229 are the three points I come out at.

The more I've played around the last few months, the more I'm convinced you lock your seeds in when you first deal damage. I mean - it must be when you first select your first LR team and enter fully in, but I swear it feels like when you first deal damage.

To get to the 229 more often I always used to use the prologue to set up my team: have the members all ready (no character select), have the team-ups all ready (no TU select), sit ready to jump in within first ten seconds. If I have everything ready and click straight into the battle, I'm much more likely to come out at 210+ before the seeds are gone. If I have to adjust any of this, I'm much more likely to come out at 210 or less.

No prologue makes this setup tough when you are in heroic PVE's or not running the PVE to late-jump.....
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Season XXIX and no changes, I think I forgot to bump this last season.

Season XXX coming up - maybe that's the time we'll get rotations again!
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I honestly can't make heads or tails in how the LR seed teams work.

Sometimes I'll join an LR at the start, take my time, and 18 minutes in, I'll still be getting seed teams and will get all the way to 245 points.

And then sometimes I'll try to speed along, and the seed teams will vanish at the 5 minute mark, after only 3 or 4 matches. And that's without any kind of game reset, etc.

I'd say my average for this event was about 7 or 8 seed teams, vanishing around the 10-12 minute mark, but it seems completely random to me.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How fast you play doesn't seem to be a factor. I've left the app open, joined an hour in and gotten 10-11 seeds.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Season XXX....and instead of rotations we get no more Lightning Round tokens. Ug.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Season XXX....and instead of rotations we get no more Lightning Round tokens. Ug.
    lets hope beyond hope that this is in preparation for other changes. I can think of so many groups of themed character groups that would be a ton of fun to play in an LR group: avengers, xmen, guardians, spiderthings, hells kitchen, animal theme (why not?) - so many possibilities
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    lets hope beyond hope that this is in preparation for other changes. I can think of so many groups of themed character groups that would be a ton of fun to play in an LR group: avengers, xmen, guardians, spiderthings, hells kitchen, animal theme (why not?) - so many possibilities

I think the problem might be that at long last (well, a year ago - but after LR's had been running at least 1.5 years) D3 realized players are having fun and gaining profit from the LR's.....so let's not make them 24/7 (as has often been called for) or the slim ISO might grow! Let's not have them rotate, or players might enjoy them more!

I get it D3...these are "costing" you money and not "giving" you money, since they are used to gain ISO by the player-base. But you know what? If people are constantly coming back to play your game (if LR's ran all the time....), maybe their friends will ask more often: "What are you playing?". If people love the changes to these LR's and their friends ask "What game should I play?", maybe this game will be the recommendation!
  • TxMoose
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I think the problem might be that at long last (well, a year ago - but after LR's had been running at least 1.5 years) D3 realized players are having fun and gaining profit from the LR's.....so let's not make them 24/7 (as has often been called for) or the slim ISO might grow! Let's not have them rotate, or players might enjoy them more!

I get it D3...these are "costing" you money and not "giving" you money, since they are used to gain ISO by the player-base. But you know what? If people are constantly coming back to play your game (if LR's ran all the time....), maybe their friends will ask more often: "What are you playing?". If people love the changes to these LR's and their friends ask "What game should I play?", maybe this game will be the recommendation!
    I cannot imagine trying to better my roster without LRs. my weekly production would be slashed, especially times like now when taking a pve break. progress would just completely come to a standstill. I don't think I'd play much longer if that happened. I might go casual and just stop caring, but this is more of an all or nothing game (to me anyway). or maybe its my personality. if its not worth going all in, I'm pretty sure there's something else out there I can find that is worth going all in for.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    *SIGH*

3rd anniversary is approaching...I guess we could still get rotations....
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe we'll see a 4* LR option?
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No sign of LR's this week :s
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mckauhu wrote:
    No sign of LR's this week :s

Look again
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Still no rotations.

PSA: They'll probably start an hour earlier than you expect (if you are in U.S. DST), the servers in the past have started them at the same time year-round.