Lightning rounds (will they ever rotate again?)

Options

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And once again, nothing changed for another season. Poor, neglected LR's.

If the game comes up, maybe I can run it.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    after the seeds r done, I really enjoy villain week much more than hero week. cap is the only decent character in the hero group and the others haven't gotten much iso out of me. the villains have some studs with mags and loki, and doom is strong. wish they would juggle up the heros some for sure.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Another season, another non-rotation of LR's..... icon_cry.gif
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I now wonder about special anniversary event LRs as a thing... hmmmm.... could it happen?
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Anniversary LR's not only don't rotate characters, but remain the same as past LR's - not anniversary type (small brackets with anniversary token rewards), not double iso.
  • jackstar0
    Options
    These are a HUGE disappointment.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    after the seeds r done, I really enjoy villain week much more than hero week. cap is the only decent character in the hero group and the others haven't gotten much iso out of me. the villains have some studs with mags and loki, and doom is strong. wish they would juggle up the heros some for sure.

I really agree with this, the current (and eternal maybe, who knows) buffed characters for Heroes week have very little synergy and are overall less powerful I think, and that's probably the reason I play a lot less LR's during those weeks. Current Villains when buffed have better powers and play way better together too, I prefer Cmags/Loki/Mq or Cmags/Loki/Doom especially.

And how much better would it have been if during Anniversary week the standard tokens would have been replaced with Anniv. tokens... I mean it's celebration, right? Give people a bit of a bonus and watch them get all enthusiastic about an event like this. You don't need to give everything away for free or make the brackets 20 people, but some increased prizes for 1 week of the year would go a long way (methinks). Alas, it was not to be... Kinda makes me a sad panda. icon_e_sad.gif
  • thanos8587
    Options
    Lightning rounds... the red headed step child of MPQ.

HEY D3!!!!!!! HOW ABOUT A LITTLE CHANGE UP HERE!!! ITS BEEN MONTHS!!! BORRRRRIIINNNGGGGGG!!!!!!! icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • TxMoose
    Options
    anyone find it harder to get seeds this week? was on a business trip and didn't always get in the first minute but in the past you'd sometimes get 3, sometimes 5-7 if you were as much as 10-20 minutes late. this week 3 minutes late ended up with 0 seeds several times. once or twice I got 3. really wish they'd just provide seeds regardless of when you get in. that would help getting hit for big pts too if everyone started with 200 instead of getting hit by someone with 0 for big points late in the LR.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    I'm still not sure how seeds work. Is it "you get # of seeds based on when you enter"? Or is it "there are # of seeds in total...and when they are gone they are gone!".

Maybe something in between, since you have a few stuck in your queue?

It does seem that the last few weeks I often run out of seeds when I hit 210 points instead of 230(ish) - so I'd need two real fights to hit 250 instead of one. Not sure if that's because more people are running LR's and the seeds empty faster?
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Another season...another non-rotation.... icon_e_sad.gif
  • jackstar0
    Options
    I'd really like to see Bullseye and Doc Ock rotated in. I think they'd be fun to see more action.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jackstar0 wrote:
    I'd really like to see Bullseye and Doc Ock rotated in. I think they'd be fun to see more action.
    Bullseye would be an awesome addition.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    yes, more green options on the villains side would be great. hero side needs an overhaul.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    anyone find it harder to get seeds this week? was on a business trip and didn't always get in the first minute but in the past you'd sometimes get 3, sometimes 5-7 if you were as much as 10-20 minutes late. this week 3 minutes late ended up with 0 seeds several times. once or twice I got 3. really wish they'd just provide seeds regardless of when you get in. that would help getting hit for big pts too if everyone started with 200 instead of getting hit by someone with 0 for big points late in the LR.

I found normal seeds the first 24 hours + of this LR - but the last 18 hours or so it seemed like there was constantly one or two less seed teams possible. I kept coming out of seeds either before or around 200 - and was still ranking similarly through the event.

I'd much rather see more seed teams rather than less!
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Just like the last couple (U.S.) Daylight Saving Time changes, LR's stayed on standard time - so if you were running on odd hours they switched to even, and if you were playing even hours they switched to odd.

Hero characters remain unchanged....
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

I found normal seeds the first 24 hours + of this LR - but the last 18 hours or so it seemed like there was constantly one or two less seed teams possible. I kept coming out of seeds either before or around 200 - and was still ranking similarly through the event.

I'd much rather see more seed teams rather than less!

Third week in a row, almost as if a switch is flipped and the number of seeds suddenly goes down halfway through the LR's now.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    up till now I've been finding this week easier than normal to get seeds even if I'm a few minutes late. really weird how sometimes you CAN'T be 2 minutes late or you'll get only 3, but sometimes you CAN be 30 minutes late and still get up to ~200 in seeds. because of this I've added a handful heroic tokens to my stockpile (saving just in case another adjustment is made after this season). i'll update if I notice a difference.

update: I did notice a couple in the middle of the LR week that unexpectedly were done with seeds early - about in the 170 pt range at that point I said screw it, not doing 3 fights to get to 250. the last few seemed to be normal though - up around 200-220 in seed pts. 1-2 extra fights for 250.
  • jackstar0
    Options
    Antsy for the next week (assuming no changes) as I finally finished up Rags, so I have a full maxed bunch of villains now. Time to start saving Iso for the couple heroes I need to level up.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey franckynight - thanks for the double tap! You knocked me from 20th to top 50, so I was very happy about it!