Lightning rounds (will they ever rotate again?)

Options

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How sad is the state of MPQ that I'm thinking about maxing Gamora for her upcoming event in large part because she's one of the few 3*'s I don't have maxed that is in the apparently eternal rotation of LR's?

I ran the LR's really hard the last few seasons because I knew the time was coming - and is pretty much here - that success will come only for the extremely wealthy or extremely lucky. This time I've found any time I run them early, the heavily covered/leveled 5*'s are just blowing by my 4* roster like it is nothing. This is the upcoming MPQ world in general - these changes often show up in LR's first, but will filter down through to the PVP's soon enough.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    funny you mention that. I've thought about increasing her too. her usefulness will go up with levels, but not much. also briefly had the thought with rags, then i say wait...what? and just run mags/loki/thor. but all my iso is spoken for over the next month or so. hero side needs a useful purple. just a change in characters would be great - can't be that hard to do, right? other great heros to choose from (thor/gsbw/panther/etc).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are 10 different villains - Hood, Daken, Sentry, Doc Ock and Bullseye could all be featured in villain lightning rounds. I'd like to see them rotate a bit.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    its nice that phoenix is in the game but app resets have screwed me out of seeds twice today. really sucks to make damn sure you're in the event first minute, leave your phone awake for an hour only to see the app reset during that hour and you lose all the seeds under the 3 starters. I know I'm in a small minority that really relies on LRs but dangit that's frustrating.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    its nice that phoenix is in the game but app resets have screwed me out of seeds twice today. really sucks to make damn sure you're in the event first minute, leave your phone awake for an hour only to see the app reset during that hour and you lose all the seeds under the 3 starters. I know I'm in a small minority that really relies on LRs but dangit that's frustrating.

yeah happened 2 times today, kinda frustrating losing seeds through no fault of our own. and also losing a seeds/points from open board crashes.

EDIT: damnnit 3rd reset, while starting mystique lightning rounds.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    How sad is the state of MPQ that I'm thinking about maxing Gamora for her upcoming event in large part because she's one of the few 3*'s I don't have maxed that is in the apparently eternal rotation of LR's?

I ran the LR's really hard the last few seasons because I knew the time was coming - and is pretty much here - that success will come only for the extremely wealthy or extremely lucky. This time I've found any time I run them early, the heavily covered/leveled 5*'s are just blowing by my 4* roster like it is nothing. This is the upcoming MPQ world in general - these changes often show up in LR's first, but will filter down through to the PVP's soon enough.

I ended up maxing her out for political reasons as I did numerous others. For lightning rounds, if that's your thing, you should be able to maximize a half assed result with limited resources. If you have a hot 4* roster and are having trouble, then that is a d3 matchmaking issue. I only participate in lightning rounds where I have overpowered 3 star feature characters and draw pushovers initially.

LR prizes are comparatively way too **** to invest time into. Unless I have a well upgraded team and am drawing low end enemies, it isn't worth it.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Huh. I think this is the first time I can remember when 250 points was enough for top 50. I usually have to go up to around 300 to be safe. Nice to be able to ride the seeds all the way to top 100 though. icon_e_smile.gif
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Villains again?

Does anyone else smell toast?
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Another season...another non-rotation icon_rolleyes.gif

At least maxing Gamora wasn't worthless icon_rolleyes.gif
  • jackstar0
    Options
    And the stale ol' LRs march on through this hero week.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    jackstar0 wrote:
    And the stale ol' LRs march on through this hero week.
    They seems a bit crazier than usual even though the format's the same...
  • TxMoose
    Options
    from the first few, t50 is taking higher scores than normal. wonder how long that lasts...
  • jackstar0
    Options
    I am definitely getting hit more often. I'll say that much.
  • jackstar0
    Options
    Nothing new except for Championed boosted characters...
  • killerkoala
    Options
    i think this was the roughest Lightning round in a long while. i was getting it left and right especially at the end (-150 and more). tokens r the hot items since championing
  • thanos8587
    Options
    i think this was the roughest Lightning round in a long while. i was getting it left and right especially at the end (-150 and more). tokens r the hot items since championing

this and iso. sweet sweet iso.

and btw did something happen with two star cover drops? last weeks lightning rounds i got over 40, this week maybe 3? made me wonder if they turned off the spigot.
  • killerkoala
    Options
    thanos8587 wrote:

this and iso. sweet sweet iso.

and btw did something happen with two star cover drops? last weeks lightning rounds i got over 40, this week maybe 3? made me wonder if they turned off the spigot.

i think they have from match battles lr and pvp's. but event tokens are always 2* and up.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    For three or four weeks now I've gotten many, many fewer 2*'s in the LR's. Used to never have to worry about getting the "spare" covers floating for essentials, but had a couple expire recently! Fourteen days, two sets of LR's, without seeing specific 2* covers is pretty weird.

Championing would have been an -excellent- time to start rotating these again. Imagine, folks actually battling to get those LR tokens since you want the specific draw rates for specific 3*'s!

But no....same rotation for season XXIII villains...
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Season XXIV....still no (hero) rotations, sigh.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Season XXIV....still no (hero) rotations, sigh.
    Technically Iron Man 40 is different now...