Lightning rounds (will they ever rotate again?)

Options

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Season XXIV....still no (hero) rotations, sigh.
    Technically Iron Man 40 is different now...
    well, not yet he's not. he's different in that many have put a 3rd yellow on, and some a 4th, but that actually makes him much less functional until the changes go live. looking forward to those btw. latest LR had half the number of seed as usual. that sucked. didn't have time to make t50.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Season XXIV....still no (hero) rotations, sigh.
    Technically Iron Man 40 is different now...
    well, not yet he's not. he's different in that many have put a 3rd yellow on, and some a 4th, but that actually makes him much less functional until the changes go live. looking forward to those btw. latest LR had half the number of seed as usual. that sucked. didn't have time to make t50.

Changes are live as soon as you update to R94
    jxa5urBm.png
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Steam just updated to R94 for me, first round wasn't but next time he will be. I have him champed for this change, moved over to 5 yellow and will be targeting yellow immediately in all those future LR's where he's featured! That's some sort of change, horray!
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    either they forgot to program lightning round this week or daylight saving delayed it for an hour.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    either they forgot to program lightning round this week or daylight saving delayed it for an hour.

I was just coming to post about this. Really hope it's the latter. I need the ISO
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ha, I totally forgot it was noon (EST), thought I missed the first LR, saw there was none, and thought WTH? Good call on DST. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    I meant to come in yesterday and post that LR's would be an hour later if you are in US and observing DST, whoops. Better than the fall version, where it flips to an hour earlier!

To bad -THAT- was the big change, as season XXV -still- has no LR character rotations (on villain side at least).
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "and boom goes the Dynamite"
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    really hate it when they push patches through and you lose your seeds. especially on a mags LR icon_e_confused.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    really hate it when they push patches through and you lose your seeds. especially on a mags LR icon_e_confused.gif

At some point I put in suggestions thread to never have updates unless you are opening app the first time. I posted it the day I missed 1K in off-season when the game re-set twice in my final climb...but it happens much more often in the LR times. I don't care that Daredevil is happening again - give me my seeds! I'll see that notification next time I turn the game on...which is every other hour when LR's are going!

Want me to run your game more often? 24-7 LR's! icon_e_wink.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Season XXVI...why do I even try to pretend to remain hopeful that they'll update these at some point?

edit...just noticed that LR's stopped rotating one year ago this week. Anyone getting a little bored of the same ten characters?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Season XXVI...why do I even try to pretend to remain hopeful that they'll update these at some point?

edit...just noticed that LR's stopped rotating one year ago this week. Anyone getting a little bored of the same ten characters?

They're trying to maintain consistency with pve where you play against the same characters over and over. And yes, I'm bored and it should rotate all characters.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why can't they even make them rotate with DDQ cycles or something close to that?

Seems like there are a lot of ways to freshen these up.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When was the last time they made a change that was actually beneficial to us? For gods sake I'd rather fight with the same tired characters and get my iso than see them get a bug in their butts and screw up lightning rounds. They are too important and this is not the stove to brown your bread. Please don't summon dev attention in this matter.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    snlf25 wrote:
    When was the last time they made a change that was actually beneficial to us?
    The Iron Man 40 remodeling was very successful, turned him from bottom tier to top notch support character.
    It was also quite nice when the 20ISO reward was removed.
    Not all changes are well received (true healing, anyone?), but overall I think the changes work out for the best in the long run.
    That said, I would love to have some new boosted characters to play with in lightning rounds.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    snlf25 wrote:
    When was the last time they made a change that was actually beneficial to us? For gods sake I'd rather fight with the same tired characters and get my iso than see them get a bug in their butts and screw up lightning rounds. They are too important and this is not the stove to brown your bread. Please don't summon dev attention in this matter.

"These are not the Lightning Rounds you're looking for. Move along."
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:

XXVII.....no change....
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    XXVII.....no change....
    Honestly, I can live with there being no change, because I have to believe if they ever spend five minutes tweaking the LRs, the first thing they'll do is find a way to kill the seed teams and the ISO that comes from it.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sluggo wrote:
    Honestly, I can live with there being no change, because I have to believe if they ever spend five minutes tweaking the LRs, the first thing they'll do is find a way to kill the seed teams and the ISO that comes from it.

See that is the standard line of thought of how they could mess with it. They are next level tinkers.

How about they bring more seeds but apply the initial scaling levels from the gauntlet to those seeds. ENJOY your additional seeds everyone.
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is the current schedule Tue through Thurs, starting at 1pm EST (daylight savings observed) then every 2 hours until lunch on Thurs?