**** Thor (Goddess of Thunder) **** [PRE 2015-03]

Options

Comments

• Never thought about the usage of collecting ap with the charged tiles with other 3* characters. This Thor seems like it'll be debuffed a little while down the road though.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    spaz27 wrote:
    Never thought about the usage of collecting ap with the charged tiles with other 3* characters. This Thor seems like it'll be debuffed a little while down the road though.
    Who else would collect charged AP, Nick Fury? There are only a handful of characters that can collect the charged AP efficiently, though: Hood (yellow), X-Force (black), Storms (green), maybe GSBW and MMN by chaining purple. IW and Doom need blue which is subpar.
    I think the design is perfectly intentional.
    Charged tiles are neutral and can be used by both teams. Meaning it's not as easy to abuse them as it seems (if you don't boost). 4* Thor offers huge benefits but also some hefty risks, I have had games against seed teams where 4* Thor was able to utilize my charged tiles better than me. I think triple charge is fitting for a 4*; maybe we could have future 3*s, that would also use the charged tile mechanic, only charge tiles for the double gain.
  • locked wrote:
    spaz27 wrote:
    Never thought about the usage of collecting ap with the charged tiles with other 3* characters. This Thor seems like it'll be debuffed a little while down the road though.
    Who else would collect charged AP, Nick Fury? There are only a handful of characters that can collect the charged AP efficiently, though: Hood (yellow), X-Force (black), Storms (green), maybe GSBW and MMN by chaining purple. IW and Doom need blue which is subpar.
    I think the design is perfectly intentional.
    Charged tiles are neutral and can be used by both teams. Meaning it's not as easy to abuse them as it seems (if you don't boost). 4* Thor offers huge benefits but also some hefty risks, I have had games against seed teams where 4* Thor was able to utilize my charged tiles better than me. I think triple charge is fitting for a 4*; maybe we could have future 3*s, that would also use the charged tile mechanic, only charge tiles for the double gain.

I think the mechanic would stay the same, but different tiers would probably only generate or destroy fewer charged tiles compared to 4* Goddess Thor. I could see Gambit, Cyclops, Dr. Doom, Loki & Ragnarok getting skills that may work with charged tiles on other colors.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Know what does it? The eyes.
    Look here

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/ ... ncanny.jpg

See, in this picture her eyes are set back from the helmet visor. This casts a shadow on them, gives her an ominous look.
    In the game, her eyes are bright as if there's a light shining on them...yet the area ourside of her eyes is dark, so either she's heavy on the eye shadow, or her eyes freakin glow through the shadows. To show off this character it's strange the artist decided to really bring out her eyes like that. It almost makes them look like they're popping out.

On a more minor note...why the bright lipstick? Doesn't she have darker lips? In every image I can find, she has either very dark red or grey/black lips...not sure which, it's bordering black regardless.

You've got a great artist on your team, but sometimes the guy doesn't quite hit the mark. Beast freakin terrifies me, too.
  • Talking about Gambit and charged tiles, I can totally see something like a passive that deals damage everytime a charged tile is matched, and a throw of kinect cards putting charged tiles randomly in the board (this could even also be a passive, everytime X color is matched). then a kajun strike as last power, dealing X damage plus Y for every charged tile in the board. or maybe the last one destroys the c.tiles for extra damage, but does not generate AP.
  • Only Surgical Strike allows you to collect charged tile very easily. The rest of the abilities are no different than saving a major cascade ability until there's a Berserker Rage (for either side) on the board and take advantage of the significantly increased damage, though here the advantage is the AP gain. Thor + The Hood + X Force would easily be the top team in PvP, except this team cannot be fielded in the vast majority of the PvP events so I guess it sort of works out.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Even then surgical strike won't collect any charged tiles other than red assuming a maxed Thor. If they have a maxed Thor the only way you can get charged tiles is if she is #1 spot. So take your example of 4* Thor, X-Force, Hood. If a player is smart they will put Thor in #2 or #3 spot, thus if you surgical strike you will get Green, which isn't bad, and if X-Force is down you are only getting red, so if you are going up against a 4* Thor make sure you have a red/blue user for those tiles, but more so red.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Even then surgical strike won't collect any charged tiles other than red assuming a maxed Thor. If they have a maxed Thor the only way you can get charged tiles is if she is #1 spot. So take your example of 4* Thor, X-Force, Hood. If a player is smart they will put Thor in #2 or #3 spot, thus if you surgical strike you will get Green, which isn't bad, and if X-Force is down you are only getting red, so if you are going up against a 4* Thor make sure you have a red/blue user for those tiles, but more so red.

You can use Surgical Strike to collect charged tile from your own Thor too. Fortunately this combination cannot be fielded in PvP on a regular basis unless you're willing to be fighting without The Hood.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Talking about Gambit and charged tiles, I can totally see something like a passive that deals damage everytime a charged tile is matched, and a throw of kinect cards putting charged tiles randomly in the board (this could even also be a passive, everytime X color is matched). then a kajun strike as last power, dealing X damage plus Y for every charged tile in the board. or maybe the last one destroys the c.tiles for extra damage, but does not generate AP.
    Like an upgraded OBW blacktile.png ? that would be fun
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

You can use Surgical Strike to collect charged tile from your own Thor too. Fortunately this combination cannot be fielded in PvP on a regular basis unless you're willing to be fighting without The Hood.
    I already barely see Hood anymore outside of rare XF/Hood or even rarer Sentry/Hood comps. The nerf to Sentry has made Hood's position perfectly balanced and no one needs to bring him to every past-700 pts fight now outside of comps where he really fits well (for example, sexmagnet, hard PvE nodes, rainbowlicious Nick Fury/Human Torch and the like). Even I run him much less often now and am free to explore comps without Hood (which I already was and sometimes did, of course, it's just more freedom of movement now).
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    C'mon lets see those maxed 4Thors .... I know someone has em by now.
  • user311 wrote:
    C'mon lets see those maxed 4Thors .... I know someone has em by now.

Colognoisseur in Retribution normally has characters maxed out as soon as he has them, just checked and yep his is maxed out already...

I'm actually struggling to decide between blue or yellow for thor, cause her yellow is very useful for dealing with countdown tiles and it seems to be rather good at messing up any opposing strategy. The stun on the blue is also rather good and is a nice primer for her red.... dang for me she's very hard to decide which way I would want her set up, cause they're all viable for different reasons
  • The1WhoKnocks
    Options
    I'm playing with her right now. Her build is 5/3/5. She kills very, very fast. You really don't have to worry about cd tiles in the current meta since World Rupture is no longer an issue, and the other characters that use cd tiles, only put one out at a time. Hardly worth wasting her yellow to stop one cd tile at a cost of 12 ap. Her blue at 5 stuns for 4 turns, and will put out 12 charge tiles. We have games that are almost old Sentry/Hood fast so far. She will be a force to be reckoned with. I highly suggest 5/3/5. Only reason to go higher in yellow is if you play pve a lot, but if you play pve like that, her blue and red are still better. Time will tell if there turns out to be better cd tile generators, but for now, there aren't too many that I would worry about.
  • Business is business.

According to the health and speed of killing, this girl will be nerfed before 1st dec of next year.

This is the idea.
  • business is business. Think twice before you use real money to level her.
  • I don't know about that. For sure she's got a huge chunk of health, but her killing power comes in the form of chaining blue, immediately followed by red. The computer AI, unless they hit a lucky cascade, would probably not be advanced enough to do this. I'm guessing when playing against The Goddess, what most of us will experience is her prioritizing red, and then using red alone, which by itself is a pretty unimpressive attack.

Also since she's a 4* Demiurge will probably give her a pass from (excessive) nerfing icon_cool.gif

I still wouldn't use real money to buy her though.
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    league of Legends repeats this process over and over and peeps still buy in. Release a new OP character, wait 6 weeks till the sales go down, hit them with the nerf bat. Seems to work.
  • Some things to bear in mind:

She's not that fast in attack. She'll take a while to 'get going' and that's IF you prioritise her over the quick lethality of X-Force if you pair them up. Time spent waiting to unleash is time you're taking damage...

She has no healing ability, so unlike X-Force she'll need heath packs for sustained use. That means using her mainly for end-game shield hops... and then see point 1 in that she's not the fastest necessarily for that task.

If you want to speed her up you'll probably want to bring Mr Squishy (Hood) which means that you become a target for attacks due to focused fire on Hood. Her high Health will deter people to a point, but when you're up around 1300pts+... everyone's a target.

Honestly, she's very very strong but I'm not convinced she needs nerf queing until we see how she plays out under 'normal' use (i.e. not +3 Yellow/Red AND +3 all AP).
  • Some things to bear in mind:

She's not that fast in attack. She'll take a while to 'get going' and that's IF you prioritise her over the quick lethality of X-Force if you pair them up. Time spent waiting to unleash is time you're taking damage...

She has no healing ability, so unlike X-Force she'll need heath packs for sustained use. That means using her mainly for end-game shield hops... and then see point 1 in that she's not the fastest necessarily for that task.

If you want to speed her up you'll probably want to bring Mr Squishy (Hood) which means that you become a target for attacks due to focused fire on Hood. Her high Health will deter people to a point, but when you're up around 1300pts+... everyone's a target.

Honestly, she's very very strong but I'm not convinced she needs nerf queing until we see how she plays out under 'normal' use (i.e. not +3 Yellow/Red AND +3 all AP).

Business is business.
    X force and 4hor will be nerfed one by one. It is equal to the case of rag cmag spidey. Also sentry + hood. I also got 3 cover of this character but i will regret my decision if i use money to level her up.
    This business model is congruent to that of league of legend. I believed in the reason of funbalance. But now i admit that i was simple and naive.
  • league of Legends repeats this process over and over and peeps still buy in. Release a new OP character, wait 6 weeks till the sales go down, hit them with the nerf bat. Seems to work.

yea but league of legends rework on their underpowered old champ and sometimes buff other champ that doesnt see much light. i dont see d3 doing it.
    in here, they just simply dont care about.
This discussion has been closed.