Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) - 2*

Comments

• Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    TazFTW wrote:
    Which 2* is going to be vaulted for Ms Marvel to get added to tokens? You can't vault Bag-Man twice!

Vault the imposter?
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Bullseye's the logical next one, but he only has two skills, so the percentages might not work out.
    I was wondering this myself. I also would suspect Bulleye if they're doing this weird vault thing, which apparently they are.

Also, were the new tokens that are coming out soon(tm) going to have Ms. Marvel in them? Do we know?
  • I doubt it'll be in today's tokens (though I don't feel confident ruling out 100% - probably more like 98%), but, if it's like Baby Torch, they'll slip her into tokens and PVP pulls about two weeks after her debut.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I doubt it'll be in today's tokens (though I don't feel confident ruling out 100% - probably more like 98%), but, if it's like Baby Torch, they'll slip her into tokens and PVP pulls about two weeks after her debut.
    As a solidly 2* player, I wonder if it's worth hanging onto my own stockpile of standard tokens until then... (Especially if they are vaulting Bullseye, it would be worth it.)
  • loroku wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I doubt it'll be in today's tokens (though I don't feel confident ruling out 100% - probably more like 98%), but, if it's like Baby Torch, they'll slip her into tokens and PVP pulls about two weeks after her debut.
    As a solidly 2* player, I wonder if it's worth hanging onto my own stockpile of standard tokens until then... (Especially if they are vaulting Bullseye, it would be worth it.)

The one thing to keep in mind - you might be holding onto them for a month or more, and the covers and ISO now might be worth it. But I don't have any room to tell people not to hoard tokens, of course.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    @devs

When will Ms. Marvel be added to PvP drops and tokens?
  • This was the character I was looking for when I asked for Ms. Marvel long time ago. I like that outfit icon_e_smile.gif
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I'm hoping they fix her "I'm poopin!" expression on this one.

Man, if you're that angry at your poop you need more fiber in your diet.
  • I gotta say.

She's worse than her 3 star counter part in every single way.

This is one of those rare occasions where they probably SHOULD have just been super lazy about it and copied word for word.

Her yellow ability is garbage. I can't imagine why you would want that over 3 star's amazing AP factory ability.

And her black is a trade off too.

It may deal great damage. We don't know yet.

But hasn't D3 realized yet, especially from the IM40 debacle, that NO ONE wants to just throw away AP? We thought you learned your lesson when you released Nick Fury, who only required that you have the AP in order to gain the additional effects of Avengers Assemble.

But it appears they have regressed.

Losing 4 AP could literally ruin your game, depending on what the AP you lose is.

And the countdown tile sucks. No one likes countdowns. No one likes 3 turn or longer countdowns and no one likes countdown tiles that you don't control their placement.

I'm annoyed that my alliance requires PVE participation, and I therefore have to muddle through the monotony of a 7 day PVE, just to get a **** 2 star that I will literally never use.

Even if I was still in 2 star territory, I'd never use this character.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Updated OP with full stats.
  • I'm feeling pretty smug about the "Three in Yellow" thing now.

That has some board shake-up possibilities, but, not particularly good ones.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I'm feeling pretty smug about the "Three in Yellow" thing now.

That has some board shake-up possibilities, but, not particularly good ones.
    Black looks like the best and most important skill, so that needs to be 5. I want to get some board shake up for building into some Speed Shots and maybe some TU usage although I don't want to overwrite too many colors. I'll keep yellow at 4. 4 red is enough since I think the important part is destroying as many protect tiles as possible rather than damage. I believe there will be better red damage ability users in my team and destroying protect tiles won't be too often. I'd go for a 4/5/4 build but 5/5/3 is also good.
  • onimus wrote:
    I gotta say.

She's worse than her 3 star counter part in every single way.

While I agree with most of your assessment about the breakdown of her abilities, I just need to point out that a 2 star shouldn't be better than their 3 star counterpart.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man, I was hoping her black would scale way better with covers/levels than that. My ideal build is still 3/5/5 because Photonic Blasts' terribleness cannot be overstated, but I'm more likely to just sell her after her featured PvE.
  • Yeah....she seems like garbage. I don't understand this, Looking at something like 2* torch how would anyone expect this character to ever be used?
  • I hope all who doesn't like her also doesn't compete in the PvE, so that I can win all of her covers icon_lol.gifin my dreams...

Anyway, I think her red is an ok skill while her yellow is meh. I think her black is between meh and underpowered. Considering its cost especially that's pretty low damage.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    This yellow is quite unexpected for me. Has 'Analyst' written all over it.
    We had an Analyst/BP/mStorm node in the Deadpool PvE and that makes sense since Analyst uses the missing red/purple and can make Battleplan/Mistress/AI team-ups all the more powerful.
    But how does Miss Marvel fit? She uses yellow so Battleplan/Mistress don't mesh with the ability. Another option would be to charge cMags' red attack which has no upper limit and could be potentially devastating.
    Yet another thingie to try: those expensive Bullseye Murderous Aim team-ups. After using maxed yellow chances are high you pick up enough to use Murderous Aim AND have placed 2 crit tiles from team-up tile cascades.
    What else? She sorta weakens Hood/oBW since they can't steal TUAP (yet) and Dormammu's Aid gets weaker the more TUp tiles there are out there.

All PvE of course, since dat red ain't a viable PvP skill for sure since not even 2*s themselves field Bullseye. And even her active black has a sizable downside, while Captain Marvel merely gives the opponent a puny strike tile.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    red is really meh for me, don't really understand why the 5/5/3 is the highest voted build on poll, fireball really blows it away in damage for 1 cost more and I would still rather use hawkeye red for the 2 extra cost. kinda wish the 3 protect tile blowup was on the rank 3 of the power just cause.

black's initial and CD damage should be much higher in relation to downsides of 3 turn CD + -3 of a random color. the closest thing I can compare it to is blast arrow which is also 9 cost, a CD tile power and team damage but it does 74 more damage, can be placed where you want, takes 1 less turn to pop when maxed and doesn't drain AP. needs more damage or ditch the AP drain, has to be one or the other.

yellow really does make me want to use TUs more often than my usual thought of "whatever I don't really care, they're just there". it does help TU tiles become more a more usable color and lets teams using MM add flexibility and useful powers like judgement, polarizing force, illusions, wind storm and probably even battle plan to their team more easily. also even if they are TU tiles, dropping 9 tiles on the board for 8 yellow makes me automatically consider pairing her with hawkeye instead of thor for getting speed shots off and still giving me access to two team damage powers even if call the storm hits harder.

4/5/4 or 3/5/5 are the only 2 builds really, maxing the red isn't even a thought to me because its so weak.
  • red is really meh for me, don't really understand why the 5/5/3 is the highest voted build on poll, fireball really blows it away in damage for 1 cost more and I would still rather use hawkeye red for the 2 extra cost. kinda wish the 3 protect tile blowup was on the rank 3 of the power just cause.

black's initial and CD damage should be much higher in relation to downsides of 3 turn CD + -3 of a random color. the closest thing I can compare it to is blast arrow which is also 9 cost, a CD tile power and team damage but it does 74 more damage, can be placed where you want, takes 1 less turn to pop when maxed and doesn't drain AP. needs more damage or ditch the AP drain, has to be one or the other.

yellow really does make me want to use TUs more often than my usual thought of "whatever I don't really care, they're just there". it does help TU tiles become more a more usable color and lets teams using MM add flexibility and useful powers like judgement, polarizing force, illusions, wind storm and probably even battle plan to their team more easily. also even if they are TU tiles, dropping 9 tiles on the board for 8 yellow makes me automatically consider pairing her with hawkeye instead of thor for getting speed shots off and still giving me access to two team damage powers even if call the storm hits harder.

4/5/4 or 3/5/5 are the only 2 builds really, maxing the red isn't even a thought to me because its so weak.
    Its 5/5/3 because having an outclassed red is better than having a trash yellow.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    onimus wrote:
    Its 5/5/3 because having an outclassed red is better than having a trash yellow.

if said yellow is finally allowing me to bring and use multiple powerful game changer team ups like adamantium slash, wind storm, thunderstrike, call of the storm and so on, then I really wouldn't call it trash and would rather invest more ranks in it than red, also the possibility of cascades caused by dropping 9 tiles on the board is also a factor since it can net more AP for your team.

really is something to consider