Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) - 2*

Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
icon_ms_marvel.pngCaptain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) - 2*
Damage, Health and Other Statistics

Photonic Blasts
Power Cost - 7 redtile.png

Ms. Marvel unleashes the amazing cosmic power of her photonic blasts, shattering her enemy's defences.

Character Level 15:
    Power Level 1 - Deals 90 damage and destroys up to 2 enemyprotect.png. Does not generate AP.
    Power Level 2 - 107 damage.
    Power Level 3 - 122 damage.
    Power Level 4 - 3 enemyprotect.png.
    Power Level 5 - 180 damage.

Character Level 94:
      Power Level 3 - Deals 629 damage and destroys up to 2 enemyprotect.png. Does not generate AP.
      Power Level 4 - 3 enemyprotect.png.
      Power Level 5 - 932 damage.

Sonic Boom
      Power Cost - 9 blacktile.png

Ms. Marvel pushes her flight to its limit, hitting enemies at Mach-1 and causing a sonic boom that hits moments later but the exertion costs her.

Character Level 15:
        Power Level 1 - Deals 107 damage to all enemies, reduces 1 random team color by 4 and places a 3 turn countdown.png that deals an additional 81 damage to all enemies.
        Power Level 2 - 100 additional damage.
        Power Level 3 - 117 additional damage.
        Power Level 4 - 131 additional damage.
        Power Level 5 - 143 damage to all enemies and reduces team color by 3.

Character Level 94:
          Power Level 3 - Deals 600 damage to all enemies, reduces 1 random team color by 4 and places a 3 turn countdown.png that deals an additional 515 damage to all enemies.
          Power Level 4 - 675 additional damage.
          Power Level 5 - 734 damage to all enemies and reduces team color by 3.

Strategic Command
          Power Cost - 8 yellowtile.png

Ms. Marvel uses her military and Avengers expertise to lead her teammates into battle.

Power Level 1 - Changes 5 random tiles into tutile.png.
            Power Level 2 - Changes 6 tiles.
            Power Level 3 - Changes 7 tiles.
            Power Level 4 - Changes 8 tiles.
            Power Level 5 - Changes 9 tiles.

Last Major Update: 2014-09

Earlier post:
            [anchor=captainmarvel2]Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)[/anchor] icon_ms_marvel.png
            2 Star Rarity (Uncommon) Discussion link. Wiki link.
            At Max Level: HP: 5586 At Max Level: Tile damage: 49/55/10/9/11/43/4.5
              Photonic Blasts - Red 7 redtile.png
              Ms. Marvel unleashes the amazing cosmic power of her photonic blasts, shattering her enemy's defenses. Deals 90 damage and destroys up to 2 enemy Protect tiles. Does not generate AP.
                Level 2: Deals 107 Damage Level 3: Deals 122 Damage Level 4: Destroys up to 3 enemy Protect tiles Level 5: Deals 180 Damage
              Max Level: 932 Damage, destroys 3 enemy Protect tiles
                Sonic Boom - Black 9 blacktile.png
                Ms. Marvel pushes her flight to its limit, hitting enemies at Mach-1 and causing a sonic boom that hits moments later. Deals 107 damage to the enemy team and places a 3 turn Countdown tile that deals an additional 81 damage when activated. The exertion costs Ms. Marvel an additional 4 AP from one random color.
                  Level 2: Countdown tile deals 100 when activated. Level 3: Ms. Marvel deals 117 damage to the enemy team. Level 4: Countdown tile deals 131 when activated. Level 5: Ms. Marvel deals 143 damage to the enemy team and loses 3 AP.
                Max Level: 734 to enemy team, 3 turn Countdown dealing an additional 675, drains 3 random AP
                  Strategic Command - Yellow 8 yellowtile.png
                  Ms. Marvel uses her military and Avengers expertise to lead her teammates into battle. Converts up to 5 random tiles into Team-Up tiles.
                    Level 2: Converts 6 tiles Level 3: Converts 7 tiles Level 4: Converts 8 tiles Level 5: Converts 9 tiles
                  Max Level: Converts 9 tiles
                  Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• atomzed
                    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
                    :msmarvel: -- The Ms. Marvel icon
                    IceIX wrote:
                    Jdberia wrote:
                    The in-match graphic for Captain Marvel is hideous.
                    I'm assuming then, that you're not going to be a fan of this one:
                    ms_marvel_battle.png

Discuss and make conjectures.

Lol at the picture. I didn't see that post by Icex. While I don't like the smirk of Cpt Marvel, I really like her animations... those are really well done. Do you see her abs when she use her black ability? Cool pic icon_e_smile.gif

BTT, Ms marvel is gonna be interesting. I hoping to see her having photonic blasts that destroy ALL strike tiles. That will be really useful even as a 2*.

Can some comic fan explain to me the difference between Cpt Marvel and Ms Marvel? Aren't they both carol denvers?
                  • OnesOwnGrief
                    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
                    They are the same person. I think the whole move to Captain Marvel was more because of the "Need stronger female leads in less skimpy outfits" thing they were coming under fire on. You could always hit the Marvel Wiki, that place has pretty good info but some a lot of it doesn't get updated as issues come out. Should be up to Marvel Now launch though.

Also, Carol Corps...
                  • NorthernPolarity
                    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
                    Not terribly happy with their decision to release a 2*, wouldn't it have made more sense to rebalance the existing useless ones to be not useless? I feel like a Moonstone balance in particular would give essentially the same color combination as C. Marvs without diluting the 2* pool. What do I care though since I'm not actually in the 2* transition.
                  • Nonce Equitaur 2
                    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
                    IceIX wrote:
                    Talahamut wrote:
                    So is she our upcoming 2* version of an existing character that was teased earlier?
                    Yarp. One of her abilities is like her 3* version, the other two are new. So similar to how Aggressive Recon is carried over but other abilities are different for Black Widow.
                  • OnesOwnGrief
                    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
                    Does anyone find it funny that they said they'd take a step back from release more gold characters after 3* Daken then switched to making 2* characters of 3*?
                  • What is her difference with Captain Marvel? icon_question.gif

I think this will be cool. Her version in Marvel's Avengers Alliance has an extra turn with her Kree Strike attack.

Extra Turn sounds good. icon_lol.gif
                  • They are the same person. I think the whole move to Captain Marvel was more because of the "Need stronger female leads in less skimpy outfits" thing they were coming under fire on. You could always hit the Marvel Wiki, that place has pretty good info but some a lot of it doesn't get updated as issues come out. Should be up to Marvel Now launch though.

Also, Carol Corps...
                    has more to do with dc's captain marvel aka shazam than anything. Marvel needs to keep the tm alive.

Also I'd rather a new new character instead of a different skin. Get she won't be lazy, but with buffs and nerfs needed...
                  • GrumpySmurf1002
                    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
                    Not terribly happy with their decision to release a 2*, wouldn't it have made more sense to rebalance the existing useless ones to be not useless? I feel like a Moonstone balance in particular would give essentially the same color combination as C. Marvs without diluting the 2* pool. What do I care though since I'm not actually in the 2* transition.

2* land really needs both. R/Y/B and P/R/B are both unique color combos, and right now only Torch has a viable black power.
                  • Phaserhawk
                    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
                    Does anyone find it funny that they said they'd take a step back from release more gold characters after 3* Daken then switched to making 2* characters of 3*?

Technically they have. A gold character is an upgraded 2*. These aren't gold, since they are a downgraded 3*. From outside looking in they are the same yes, but from the game standpoint it's not. Not to mention rembering back to my 2* days, you were so limited, it was basically Thor/Wolvie/OBW/Ares that was it, you could throw Captain America/Storm/and Magneto MN in there but for the most part they were severely underpowered. With the release of Torchling and Baby Daken getting a 3rd color 2*'s are going to have a much better time transitioning.

I also don't think we are done with Gold Characters either, I have a feeling Hawkeye will be making an appearance to 3* world soon. My hope is that they create a 2* Iron Man and then rework IM40 to what the new 2* is.
                  • NorthernPolarity

2* land really needs both. R/Y/B and P/R/B are both unique color combos, and right now only Torch has a viable black power.

I don't really consider C. Marvs as a R/B/Y character since she doesn't have a passive yellow: She's more of a RB character, which is somewhat needed, but the Moonstones! Having more decent active blacks is pretty good though.
                  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
                    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
                    This one is for you - the faithful guys and gals of the forums!

I've been nudging the team to give me a tasty tidbit. Something exclusive for forum-goers. So, you're getting this info first - before any other Marvel Puzzle Quest players. Right here. Right now.
                    Here's your first look at the awesome abilities of MS. MARVEL!

Carol Danvers aka MS. MARVEL, is a 2-Star Avenger sporting Red, Black and Yellow powers. This fast-flying heroine is all about shattering booms, cosmic blasts and high-powered strategy. You should be on the lookout for this ex-military tactician in the very near future. She'll be a reward for our next PVE Event, "Unstable Iso-8," starting on October 17th (running for 7 days).

And, because we think you deserve something delicious to chew on - here's your first peek at the mighty MS. MARVEL's ability set! Oh, yes!
                      Photonic Blasts - Red 7 AP
                      Ms. Marvel unleashes the amazing cosmic power of her photonic blasts, shattering her enemy's defenses. Deals 90 damage and destroys up to 2 enemy Protect tiles. Does not generate AP.

Sonic Boom - Black 9 AP
                        Ms. Marvel pushes her flight to its limit, hitting enemies at Mach-1 and causing a sonic boom that hits moments later. Deals 107 damage to the enemy team and places a 3 turn Countdown tile that deals an additional 81 damage when activated. The exertion costs Ms. Marvel an additional 4 AP from one random color.

Strategic Command - Yellow 8 AP
                          Ms. Marvel uses her military and Avengers expertise to lead her teammates into battle. Converts up to 5 random tiles into Team-Up tiles.
                        • FierceKiwi
                          FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
                          I guess we'll have to see how those abilities level up but so far they're pretty underwhelming. And Unstable ISO-8? UGH the worst none-Heroic PvE there is.
                        • NorthernPolarity
                          What FierceKiwi MEANT to say was, thanks for taking the time to post these spoilers! It's a nice gesture to show some thought for the forumites. Try to get 3*/4* spoilers next time though, since I think most of us are past the 2* transition icon_e_wink.gif.
                        • I would have liked for y'all to call her Warbird (the name she used during the Busiek/Perez Avengers), since it would leave Ms. Marvel for Kamala Khan.
                        • CrookedKnight
                          CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
                          Yeah, I was hoping that we'd see Kamala instead of a second Carol, given how heavily Marvel is pushing that book.

Also, that is...not exactly overwhelming. Although a black AOE attack in the 2* range will definitely have its uses.
                        • What? New 2* character? I thought I was looking at old post of 3* Ms. Marvel reveal. I like it. I just hope she is not as bad as 2* Cap compared to his 3* counterpart.
                        • A black aoe that can double dip. She and Astonishing will get along great I think.
                        • FierceKiwi
                          FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
                          Well no that's not what I meant to say...Sure I should ammend "Thanks for the info that's great." any info is welcome even if it's about parts fo the game that aren't likely to affect me...but my comment on the info doesn't really change she's underwhelming even if she was 3* or 4* and that's a miserable event.
                        • Thanks, David!

Always cool to have an idea of what we can expect coming up.
                        • wymtime
                          wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
                          edited October 2014
                          If her yellow levels up to 9 TU it would be like Thor's yellow without the initial punch. This just means you have to bring 2-3 TU's with you for her abilities.

Her Black is like Sunder with the double damage which is nice, AOE wich is better. It is like an extra ability for 4 AP and this cost might go down when she is at a higher level.

Her Red I am afraid is going to be just like Captain Marvel's. Very situational and will do ok damage.

She is definatly less than her 3* counterpart and is missing her best power of AP generation. I think the Dev's really want people to start using TU's.

She could be a good pairing with Modern Hawkey on the 2* level with her yellow if she generates 9-10 TU tiles.

Sratigic comand leads to Speed Shot and your TU is Thunder strike for more speed shot?

Thanks for the spoiler Dave