Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) - 2*

Comments

• Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    It's not that they've decreased the drop rates so to speak, it's that they have added the boosts back in which obviously lowers the drops, but more so because a lot of people were getting upset and not getting boosts anymore.
    I don't understand this explanation. We used to get tu's after every battle. Now, we often get nothing at all. If people were getting boosts every time a tu didn't drop, we'd be happy.

From my personal experience if I don't get a boost or a TU I seem to get a higher ISO value, so if that's the case I'm happy either way.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that a boost is worth 3 TUs.
    This is arbitrary to the point of being meaningless. A teamup can be worthless or more valuable than any boost. Trying to pin a relative value to them is a non-starter.

A boost can be worthless too if it's used in a fight that is either lost or unnecessary. I can't count how many boosts I've wasted because the previous I used some, but in my zeal to start the next battle didn't remove them.
  • Her red is just garbage, maybe it's mean for vs Bullseye PVE? Even if you don't use team-ups, there's the chance of creating crit tiles or cascades from her yellow. More so because 1. you're probably not going after team-ups to begin with. 2. By the time you have 9 yellow (as a non-priority), the AI has probably fired off their team-up and isn't hunting for more.
  • Her black hits the entire enemy team. Which makes it vastly superior to the three star version. Was this a mistake? Is the 3* version supposed to hit the entire team as well?
    Her active yellow is much worse that the 3* passive however.
    Just seems odd that the 2* version gets the better ability. Normally its the other way round.
  • kerravon wrote:
    Her black hits the entire enemy team. Which makes it vastly superior to the three star version. Was this a mistake? Is the 3* version supposed to hit the entire team as well?
    Her active yellow is much worse that the 3* passive however.
    Just seems odd that the 2* version gets the better ability. Normally its the other way round.

Tell that to Mohawk Storm who could really use Windstorm from her 2 star iteration. It'll be interesting to see how Miss Marvel & Captain Marvel compare in a Balance of Power event when both are fully covered and buffed to level 270.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    So 4/5/4 seems to be the most well rounded build, but 3/5/5 feels like the bigger damage potential.

Her Yellow ended up being better than I anticipated. Adding 9 Team-UP AP isn't that great by itself, but the chances for build shake-up and even critical tiles make it a pretty good investment. Not stellar and not worth picking over something better, but really, there's not a lot of competition in that category, outside of Thor and Ares. 4 Covers makes it create the same amount of AP and it costs, but with the opportunity to create matches and cascades, so I feel like this is pretty good at the end of the day. (Though, admittedly, I wish they would have used two or three of the covers to lower the cost and split the difference - something like costing 5 Yellow to make 6 Team-UP AP.)

Her Red ended up being a little better than I anticipated too, but not great by a long shot, especially with the rest of the Red category (Wolverine, Thor, Hawkeye, Magneto, Torch). Like I said before, it'll be good for new players facing down the plethora of Bullseye in PvE and Prologue, but older players won't care much for this.

Her Black I have mixed feeling on. I haven't played with it at all, so I'll reserve comments.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black is her best color...but that's not really saying much
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    GUYS. Strategic Command affects tiles. Not basic tiles. All non-TU tiles. I just used it in hopes of causing a cascade against goons and it overwrote two demolitionist countdown tiles directly. For 8AP, that's a big deal.
  • GUYS. Strategic Command affects tiles. Not basic tiles. All non-TU tiles. I just used it in hopes of causing a cascade against goons and it overwrote two demolitionist countdown tiles directly. For 8AP, that's a big deal.

Yup but it also overwrote my Punisher strike tile so if you trigger it, avoid having your own special tiles on the board if possible (ie. trigger after doing Chemical Reaction or after your timer tiles have resolved)
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's pretty silly that she has a 50m revival period
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    GUYS. Strategic Command affects tiles. Not basic tiles. All non-TU tiles. I just used it in hopes of causing a cascade against goons and it overwrote two demolitionist countdown tiles directly. For 8AP, that's a big deal.

hot damn thats actually pretty awesome, I hope its not a bug.
  • So I'll be keeping her around at 94 for events for sure. Her red does kinda blow, but her black is actually straight up great with strike tiles and her yellow is surprisingly effective at shaking the board and even cancelling some countdowns. I think she might one of the better "when boosted" characters around.
  • ark123 wrote:
    So I'll be keeping her around at 94 for events for sure. Her red does kinda blow, but her black is actually straight up great with strike tiles and her yellow is surprisingly effective at shaking the board and even cancelling some countdowns. I think she might one of the better "when boosted" characters around.

I'm not really sure she merits being levelled up to max, though she does have decent health, the damage she causes will mostly rely on the strength of the strike tiles. The team up damage will belong to your highest boosted character so if you can have someone else tank for her, ideally True Healers like Daken/Patch you'll probably save health packs. Obviously if you intend to use her in PVP or a Heroic event then maxing her would be ideal.
  • To make her more balance, I would have chosen to make a little less damages with her blackflag.png but decreased the second cost from 4 AP to 3 AP.
    That way it seems to me that it could be more balanced.
  • To make her more balance, I would have chosen to make a little less damages with her blackflag.png but decreased the second cost from 4 AP to 3 AP.
    That way it seems to me that it could be more balanced.

Thats what black 5 does.
  • Well, decrease 2 AP at level 5, then ^^. (sorry, I didn't know)
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    For the 2* people, teaming 3/5/5 Captain Marvel with 3/5/5 Daken and 5/5/3 Wolverine is really, really strong You don't have an active pink, but you still have rainbow match coverage and your squishiest hero (Wolverine) hides behind Marvel except for green. This team does a lot of damage really, really fast. You also save health packs since you can take Wolverine/Daken into story and heal them (or wait).

On your first target, do nothing but match damage and gather AP except for in emergencies, you should use Marvel's yellow. Prioritize Red > Green = Blue > Black > Yellow > Pink. Switch to second target when the first target gets below ~800 hp and/or you get 12+ red AP. By the time you have 12 Red, more than likely you will have enough AP for 1-2 Feral Claws, 1-2 Chemical Reactions, 1 Sonic boom. On your second target you Feral Claw -> Adamantium Slash then you switch to the third target and Chemical Reaction -> Feral Claw -> Chemical Reaction. Then you kill off any stragglers with Sonic Boom.

Biggest weakness I see with this team besides no Pink active is that once you do your burst, there is a huge lull. Chemical reaction does nothing without Feral Claw and Feral Claw does nothing without Red AP. You don't have Johnny or Obw to keep the damage train going. The best part about this team is all the metal slashing and scraping sound effects when you burst are really satisfying. What you guys think?
  • Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    I'm trying to make some roster space without using hero points. Between captain marvel and moonstone, which would be a better keep?
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Chirus wrote:
    I'm trying to make some roster space without using hero points. Between captain marvel and moonstone, which would be a better keep?

moonstone is trash
  • Chirus wrote:
    Yea, Moonstone is a dead roster spot.

She is almost never buffed in PVE or PVP
    Her red is low tier and unreliable.
    Her black is WAY overpriced.
    And her purple is either relatively useful or the worst ability ever.

There's no reason to ever use her.