Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) - 2*

15681011

Comments

  • Don't forget some chars may be reworked later.
  • CrookedKnightCrookedKnight Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    They might, but you should only keep a 2* in your lineup if you think they'll help in the immediate future. They're so easy to build up from nothing once they're in tokens that there's no point in holding on to one "just in case."
  • MarcusGravesMarcusGraves Posts: 494 Mover and Shaker
    They're so easy to build up from nothing once they're in tokens that there's no point in holding on to one "just in case."

    ^this, plus 2 star drops from PvP

    i've gotten so many extra 2* covers that I probably could've made 4-6 copies of each one
  • Has she been added to any kind of drops yet? Standard tokens, PvP etc?
  • GrimSkaldGrimSkald Posts: 2,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a lot of fun with her during the Hunt. I basically paired her with CMags and the Hulk on her Essential nodes, and it was a decent team. I started out with a 0/1/1 build - by the end of the event she was 1/2/2.

    Her yellow followed by Magneto's red was a very effective combination. The fact that her yellow can overwrite anything is a nice plus - it definitely chewed up its share of CD times.
  • KevinMark wrote:
    Has she been added to any kind of drops yet? Standard tokens, PvP etc?

    I got 4 black covers during the last event but I'm not sure the regular tokens have her yet
  • I'm thinking 355, since you don't gain much from the increase in red (shield destruction wise), but at the same time, how often do you use team ups?
  • I'll probably build her as either 5/3/5 or 4/4/5 - I don't plan on leveling her. She'll only get used against low level nodes in PvE if she's buffed, and the rest of the time would be sent out for team-ups. In that case, I'd rather red be at least at 4 so it can shatter 3 tiles, and yellow has to be at 5.
  • MarcusGravesMarcusGraves Posts: 494 Mover and Shaker
    so um it just dawned on me that because strategic command can overwrite any tile, that puts her sonic boom CD tile at risk of being overwritten. kinda getting dumb at this point, SB just has too many downsides to it.

    -ditch the CD tile thing and just condense all the damage into one shot
    -lower the AP drain to 2 at max
    -damage probably wouldn't need to be lowered as self AP drain is a big risk even at the proposed -2 AP
  • Pwuz_Pwuz_ Posts: 1,170 Chairperson of the Boards
    so um it just dawned on me that because strategic command can overwrite any tile, that puts her sonic boom CD tile at risk of being overwritten. kinda getting dumb at this point, SB just has too many downsides to it.

    -ditch the CD tile thing and just condense all the damage into one shot
    -lower the AP drain to 2 at max
    -damage probably wouldn't need to be lowered as self AP drain is a big risk even at the proposed -2 AP

    It's a strategic choice WHEN to use your available powers. You don't have to be like the AI and use which ever power as soon as it starts to flash.
  • TrisulTrisul Age Unconfirmed Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Can anyone confirm whether you can get Ms. Marvel covers from the PvP win random drop in Season VIII?
  • Hulk11Hulk11 Posts: 435
    I only own a captain marvel cover, but for me to even want to collect more and maybe test out her usefulness, I would like to see a whole new visual makeover. Usefulness is way more important, but the way they crankem out we pretty much know any new character sucks. My falcon only has one decent sheild ability, as far as new characters go for me.

    This looks so far off of what she should look like. Side by side she and moonstone are not this different, that's the truth, I don't see how they came to even letting this out. I don't expect a clone of moonstone, but someone called ms marvel for crying out loud shouldn't need a crazy rework like this, take your chances with this groot and rocket, but some reason they aren't far off of their intended artwork, go figure, these guys seem to have been kids at a candy store for these two. I really don't see what this ga mora will be, who knows there. Going back to ms marvel, even the loading screen looks totally off with her image there, it looks like some unknown version of a female flash. Is her greatest power somehow superspeed, really?? We can almost guarantee no reworks will be done, just look at baglady, anyhow I pretty much assume she's trash just like baglady. So sad they go about these characters so fast and loosely.
  • Hulk11 wrote:
    I only own a captain marvel cover, but for me to even want to collect more and maybe test out her usefulness, I would like to see a whole new visual makeover. Usefulness is way more important, but the way they crankem out we pretty much know any new character sucks. My falcon only has one decent sheild ability, as far as new characters go for me.

    This looks so far off of what she should look like. Side by side she and moonstone are not this different, that's the truth, I don't see how they came to even letting this out. I don't expect a clone of moonstone, but someone called ms marvel for crying out loud shouldn't need a crazy rework like this, take your chances with this groot and rocket, but some reason they aren't far off of their intended artwork, go figure, these guys seem to have been kids at a candy store for these two. I really don't see what this ga mora will be, who knows there. Going back to ms marvel, even the loading screen looks totally off with her image there, it looks like some unknown version of a female flash. Is her greatest power somehow superspeed, really?? We can almost guarantee no reworks will be done, just look at baglady, anyhow I pretty much assume she's trash just like baglady. So sad they go about these characters so fast and loosely.
    Which version of Captain Marvel are you talking about? This is the 2* version's thread. Also they are based on how they look in their comics and artists for this game are pretty faithful to those versions imo.
  • Hulk11Hulk11 Posts: 435
    Both really, the blue color suit looked ok, but after seeing all the images, it's awful. Such as that loading screen image. The black suit then for some reason just looks really bad, same stance as the blue just different colors, just looks like a copy paste. If you look at that black version and the cover, they are shockingly different. The blue almost gets away cause it's only showing her face really on the cover. I just don't see the work here that they should have done. Some characters get the accuracy down, then others are really far off. Do they split the work among a lot of artists?
  • I don't get it. If you're looking for close to a 100% similarity, that would probably require hiring the actual cover artist. To me they look good enough. The pose on loading screen which is also used by one of her abilities is not amazing, I agree, but it's still good in my opinion. I just went and looked at the 2* version. Her face is a bit different than on the cover but on the cover she is also running, her hair has movement showing a little more of her forehead which are probably the causes for them looking a bit different. Her outfit is a perfect match with the one on the cover.

    Btw, why is she still not added to random PvP rewards?
  • yogi_yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just gotten my 4th yellow and can't work out what to do.

    Yellow gives a good outcome for the wrong reason. Cascade possibility is nice but through TU's... uch... TU's... what a mess.

    Lots of people said other similar stuff before in regards to Red - ok but others do it better and Black - interesting.

    Is 5 Red (more damage + 1 more protect tile gone) going to be of more use than 5 Yellow (two more tiles converted)? Boosted maybe Red? Regular - could go either way, maybe slight advantage to Yellow? Red seems to be more reliable, though not brilliant. I've tried Yellow a few times - sometimes good, sometimes nothing.

    What to do... what to do...
  • yogi_ wrote:
    Just gotten my 4th yellow and can't work out what to do.

    Yellow gives a good outcome for the wrong reason. Cascade possibility is nice but through TU's... uch... TU's... what a mess.

    Lots of people said other similar stuff before in regards to Red - ok but others do it better and Black - interesting.

    Is 5 Red (more damage + 1 more protect tile gone) going to be of more use than 5 Yellow (two more tiles converted)? Boosted maybe Red? Regular - could go either way, maybe slight advantage to Yellow? Red seems to be more reliable, though not brilliant. I've tried Yellow a few times - sometimes good, sometimes nothing.

    What to do... what to do...

    The only character which makes use of having TU AP is black panther... His yellow strike tile gets a bit of a bonus as a result... but as you can see, it uses YELLOW as well.

    However when I was using her, her yellow ability converts ANY tile, there's no restriction like many of the convert abilities. So its great when you kinda get swamped by strike tiles/attack tiles and what not. So kinda great against anyone who is very dependent on special tiles or even just plain old goons countdown zergs at level 200+.
  • yogi_ wrote:
    Just gotten my 4th yellow and can't work out what to do.

    Yellow gives a good outcome for the wrong reason. Cascade possibility is nice but through TU's... uch... TU's... what a mess.

    Lots of people said other similar stuff before in regards to Red - ok but others do it better and Black - interesting.

    Is 5 Red (more damage + 1 more protect tile gone) going to be of more use than 5 Yellow (two more tiles converted)? Boosted maybe Red? Regular - could go either way, maybe slight advantage to Yellow? Red seems to be more reliable, though not brilliant. I've tried Yellow a few times - sometimes good, sometimes nothing.

    What to do... what to do...

    It really depends on who you choose to pair her with. Her yellow can randomly overwrite special tiles (yours or the enemies) and may also set up Speed shot for MHawkeye, or combos with CMags red/Rocket&Groot's passive yellow. It could also be considered a soft counter to Hood's Dormammu's Aid since flooding the board with TU tiles may reduce his chance to steal color AP from you. Since yellow might get rid of enemy protect tiles I opted to got with 3/5/5 but I only ever use her in PVE when boosted
  • The main use of this character is to be kept at around lvl 45-50 and use yellow to generate TU tiles for tanking. And she's amazing at that.
  • ark123 wrote:
    The main use of this character is to be kept at around lvl 45-50 and use yellow to generate TU tiles for tanking. And she's amazing at that.
    Can you eloborate on that if you don't mind?
Sign In or Register to comment.