Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) - 2*

1246711

Comments

  • NorthernPolarityNorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    sorcered wrote:
    Ms Marvel is so awesome...
    ...people discuss PVE structure on her thread.
    icon_razz.gif Better watch it there buddy. Criticizing this MOST HONORABLE gesture to the "forumites" will lead to much e-shame. And then how will we get our exclusive reveals to characters that are already on the way and have been leaked weeks ago?
    You. Should. Be. Grateful.

    Yeah, we should whine about every single announcement on the forum instead. Every single PvE event sucks. Every single character buff/nerf/release is just a cash grab for HP/iso slots, Demurge is terrible and doesn't listen to us, and the AI cheats and gets infinitely more cascades than we do. Sounds like a much nicer place to be than say, a place where the devs actually want to interact and have meaningful conversations with the people here.
  • NellobeeNellobee Age Unconfirmed Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    sorcered wrote:
    Ms Marvel is so awesome...
    ...people discuss PVE structure on her thread.
    icon_razz.gif Better watch it there buddy. Criticizing this MOST HONORABLE gesture to the "forumites" will lead to much e-shame. And then how will we get our exclusive reveals to characters that are already on the way and have been leaked weeks ago?
    You. Should. Be. Grateful.

    Yeah, we should whine about every single announcement on the forum instead. Every single PvE event sucks. Every single character buff/nerf/release is just a cash grab for HP/iso slots, Demurge is terrible and doesn't listen to us, and the AI cheats and gets infinitely more cascades than we do. Sounds like a much nicer place to be than say, a place where the devs actually want to interact and have meaningful conversations with the people here.


    Gauntlet was nice. So is the Hulk event, IMHO.
    I am quite pleased with almost all of the character changes. Even the commonly-whined-about ones. Demiurge may not move as fast as I like, but they clearly are listening to our feedback....and taking it all with a grain of salt, as they should. BUT THE **** AI IS DAMNED......lucky. icon_e_smile.gif

    Seriously, I'm 90% happy with this game, and 8% of it is on the devs' list already. *shrug* I'd call that good.

    Even if I **** a lot, it's with love.
  • SpoitSpoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    mohio wrote:
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    I guess we'll have to see how those abilities level up but so far they're pretty underwhelming. And Unstable ISO-8? UGH the worst none-Heroic PvE there is.
    Think about it as an hp/ISO farm with all those subs. You can easily rack up 100+ hp per day if you're smart about joining and how you play.

    Wrong PVE Unstalbe ISO-8 is the 6 day event that's all on the main with rotating nodes every 24ish hours. ISO-8 Brotherhood is the one with tons of subs and lots of HP as a result. I like ISO-8 Brotherhood for just that reason it's tons of HP even with awful rewards I look forward to it. Even with great rewards I dread Unstable ISO-8.

    EDIT: They may have made changes that make the event less horrible (like they did last time for TaT) so maybe it'll be better this time around.
    I forgot, which one was the one that had 2 subs with mini-ISO mountains that unlocked later?
  • Although I am excited about the new chars, I'd like to see some 3* rewards as well in the ranks or progression. Being that I am transitioning into 3* I don't really want to compete for just a 2* cover.

    So, that being said, I will of course have to keep her in my roster because she will be essential on the next PVE right? Can you confirm this because I really don't want to keep another 2* on me. I want to save my slots for my transition.
  • DD-The-MightyDD-The-Mighty Age Unconfirmed Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Okin107 wrote:
    Although I am excited about the new chars, I'd like to see some 3* rewards as well in the ranks or progression. Being that I am transitioning into 3* I don't really want to compete for just a 2* cover.

    So, that being said, I will of course have to keep her in my roster because she will be essential on the next PVE right? Can you confirm this because I really don't want to keep another 2* on me. I want to save my slots for my transition.
    Magic 8-ball says "yes" you will probably need her for some PVE nodes.
    If your lucky, she will be added to the token and pvp-drop pools asap. So getting her decently covered wont take months of random events.
  • Spoit wrote:
    I forgot, which one was the one that had 2 subs with mini-ISO mountains that unlocked later?
    I think you're thinking of Simulation.
  • CrookedKnightCrookedKnight Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    ISO-8 Brotherhood fit that description, at least in its last go-round.
  • FierceKiwiFierceKiwi Age Unconfirmed Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    KevinMark wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    I forgot, which one was the one that had 2 subs with mini-ISO mountains that unlocked later?
    I think you're thinking of Simulation.

    Assuming I understand the question it's ISO-8 Brotherhood. Simulator had the 2 ISO mountains but where unlocked just by doing the correct nodes. Brotherhood had the ISO Mountains that unlocked (usually in about the last hour) when the community hit point targets in each sub.
  • DayvDayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm assuming the opposite - that since her red is a weaker version of Photonic Blasts, it will take a lot for the build not to be 3/5/5. Team-Up tiles may not be helpful on their own, but if the number scales up with level, then you're looking at a minimum of nine at level 5 - and you won't be casting it on a starved board, because who rushes team-up tiles? That's a bunch of match-fours and criticals for 8 AP.
    I totally agree, and I think this is what the power is likely to do, but I kind of hope it gains additional effects as it increases. I like grab-bag powers when they're done well.
  • DayvDayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Regardless of what you think looks like the best abilities of the character, I think it's too hard to actually make an informed decision on the character without seeing the values at max level. Take a look at Ares for instance. I'm sure everyone would have said "5/3/5 is optimal, because red is horrible" before his stats were revealed, but 4->5 green is so marginal that his actual optimal build is 4/4/5. It's fine to speculate on what the optimal build could be without seeing the values is fine, but having the poll is way too final I think, since people are going to vote based off of what they currently see, which might be completely off if we find out that for whatever reason 4 covers is optimal in 2 colors.
    I agree, but at least we know what the base powers are for a change. Usually the first five pages of any new character's thread are just discussions of people's imaginary powers for the character and that just drives me up the wall.
  • I don't think she fits any team. Could be used as tech character against high pve nodes with Bullseye/Magneto/Falcon, but I'm not sure if it's worth using Iso just for such isolateted cases (pun not intended). I also really dislike Yellow power after Team-Up drop changes, you will run dry on them so quickly.

    Maybe she could work with Hawkeye? His redtile.png is aoe, her blacktile.png is aoe, yellowtile.png have chance setting up whitecrit.png matches and Speedshot. Still rather wonky duo.
  • CrookedKnightCrookedKnight Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2014
    I disagree, I think she fits very well with AWolverine/OBW. You have one and only one worthwhile spender for every color (the only double is Photonic Blasts, and that's terrible, so there's no dilemma), you cover the lack of AOE damage that helps make Logan an inferior R/G/Y pick to Ares and Thor, and the group can triple-dip on Wolverine's strike tiles with Espionage and Sonic Boom.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Regardless of what you think looks like the best abilities of the character, I think it's too hard to actually make an informed decision on the character without seeing the values at max level. Take a look at Ares for instance. I'm sure everyone would have said "5/3/5 is optimal, because red is horrible" before his stats were revealed, but 4->5 green is so marginal that his actual optimal build is 4/4/5. It's fine to speculate on what the optimal build could be without seeing the values is fine, but having the poll is way too final I think, since people are going to vote based off of what they currently see, which might be completely off if we find out that for whatever reason 4 covers is optimal in 2 colors.
    I agree, but at least we know what the base powers are for a change. Usually the first five pages of any new character's thread are just discussions of people's imaginary powers for the character and that just drives me up the wall.
    I agree wholeheartedly. Can we have speculation threads separate from the actual character threads before the character is released?
  • TrisulTrisul Age Unconfirmed Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Nivrax wrote:
    I don't think she fits any team. Could be used as tech character against high pve nodes with Bullseye/Magneto/Falcon, but I'm not sure if it's worth using Iso just for such isolateted cases (pun not intended). I also really dislike Yellow power after Team-Up drop changes, you will run dry on them so quickly.

    Maybe she could work with Hawkeye? His redtile.png is aoe, her blacktile.png is aoe, yellowtile.png have chance setting up whitecrit.png matches and Speedshot. Still rather wonky duo.
    Her black at first glance looks better than Torch's. Depends on final numbers, but it's not hard to imagine her as a decent alternative to Torch on core 2* teams to fill the void of black abilities in 2* land.
  • I disagree, I think she fits very well with AWolverine/OBW. You have one and only one worthwhile spender for every color (the only double is Photonic Blasts, and that's terrible, so there's no dilemma), you cover the lack of AOE damage that helps make Logan an inferior R/G/Y pick to Ares and Thor, and the group can triple-dip on Wolverine's strike tiles with Espionage and Sonic Boom.
    I was thinking more in pairs, since that's how you run near every PvP, alone with Wolvie I don't really like it over using Daken and milking true healing. In trio, yes, that might work better. Still imo it's sidegrade to using Daken, but if you don't have/want to build him it's def. alternative.
  • TazFTWTazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Which 2* is going to be vaulted for Ms Marvel to get added to tokens? You can't vault Bag-Man twice!
  • GothicKratosGothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    sorcered wrote:
    Ms Marvel is so awesome...
    ...people discuss PVE structure on her thread.
    icon_razz.gif Better watch it there buddy. Criticizing this MOST HONORABLE gesture to the "forumites" will lead to much e-shame. And then how will we get our exclusive reveals to characters that are already on the way and have been leaked weeks ago?
    You. Should. Be. Grateful.

    Almost as ignorant and arrogant as it is indignant. Yeah, we knew Ms. Marvel's 2* incarnation was coming, but we had no idea when, how, or what her abilities were. Is it amazing information? Absolutely not, but it's certainly nothing to get snarky over.
  • TazFTW wrote:
    Which 2* is going to be vaulted for Ms Marvel to get added to tokens? You can't vault Bag-Man twice!

    I wish we could though. Twice vaulted. Locked in tight. Buried 1000 feet deep. Then, I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.

    It's the only way to be sure.
  • zubalove wrote:
    TazFTW wrote:
    Which 2* is going to be vaulted for Ms Marvel to get added to tokens? You can't vault Bag-Man twice!

    I wish we could though. Twice vaulted. Locked in tight. Buried 1000 feet deep. Then, I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.

    It's the only way to be sure.

    They said they are working on characters that were vaulted. Just wait until Bag-Man comes back and becomes the most OP 2* ever.
  • Bullseye's the logical next one, but he only has two skills, so the percentages might not work out.
Sign In or Register to comment.