Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) - 2*

1356711

Comments

  • NorthernPolarityNorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it wise to have the poll so early? It's hard to really discern what powers should be maxed without knowing what each cover rank does to the ability.
  • Trisul wrote:
    Can you clarify what you mean by "PvE grids or structures"?
    arktos1971 wrote:
    ... because it is a lot of work to create new ones or change them ...
    Probably this.

    It's hard for me to find the words for something that is unique. I'm not native.

    People complain about these PvEs. So they would like new ones.

    I think if the rewards were more gratifying, it would be more motivating to play them. Maybe it's not a question of pattern, just rewards. Lightning rounds are just as boring, but people get excited because they grind tons of Iso.

    PvE require a lot more energy, time, sleepless nights... We deserve more rewards. They are tidious really.

    D3P : Soon, 8 million Iso will be required to make complete rosters. You can start giving out more Iso to players. You did it for the PvPs, it was a success. You give out more rewards in the Anniversary week, people get crazy and excited.

    I think you now know what it takes to make guys happy and give you money (I'm sure this week has been crazy moneywise).
  • Is it wise to have the poll so early? It's hard to really discern what powers should be maxed without knowing what each cover rank does to the ability.

    We can change it, but I'm assuming - since her yellow creates team-up tiles - that it's going to take a lot for it not to be 5/5/3.
  • CrookedKnightCrookedKnight Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm assuming the opposite - that since her red is a weaker version of Photonic Blasts, it will take a lot for the build not to be 3/5/5. Team-Up tiles may not be helpful on their own, but if the number scales up with level, then you're looking at a minimum of nine at level 5 - and you won't be casting it on a starved board, because who rushes team-up tiles? That's a bunch of match-fours and criticals for 8 AP.
  • NorthernPolarityNorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Regardless of what you think looks like the best abilities of the character, I think it's too hard to actually make an informed decision on the character without seeing the values at max level. Take a look at Ares for instance. I'm sure everyone would have said "5/3/5 is optimal, because red is horrible" before his stats were revealed, but 4->5 green is so marginal that his actual optimal build is 4/4/5. It's fine to speculate on what the optimal build could be without seeing the values is fine, but having the poll is way too final I think, since people are going to vote based off of what they currently see, which might be completely off if we find out that for whatever reason 4 covers is optimal in 2 colors.
  • I'm guessing she will have the same HP with Moonstone (4900 at max level). I disagree with people saying new yellow is useless in 2*. I'm basically in transition for probably the longest time maxing almost all 2* chars and I almost never use Ares' yellow and he is one of my most used chars. Because he also damages himself for quite a lot. There are times when 2 PvPs and PvEs with several subs on. Add things like LRs on it and I'm already out of health packs pretty quick. Thor? I just don't use him often since I maxed Ares. He is just slow and not as much fun to play compared to Ares.
  • ...because who rushes team-up tiles?
    AI does.
  • Regardless of what you think looks like the best abilities of the character, I think it's too hard to actually make an informed decision on the character without seeing the values at max level. Take a look at Ares for instance. I'm sure everyone would have said "5/3/5 is optimal, because red is horrible" before his stats were revealed, but 4->5 green is so marginal that his actual optimal build is 4/4/5. It's fine to speculate on what the optimal build could be without seeing the values is fine, but having the poll is way too final I think, since people are going to vote based off of what they currently see, which might be completely off if we find out that for whatever reason 4 covers is optimal in 2 colors.

    Then we can change our vote.
  • FierceKiwiFierceKiwi Age Unconfirmed Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Alot of her yellow will come down do whether you think Team-Ups are great and use them frequently or if you think they suck and almost never use them. The first group will love the ability and it will help them the second will only use it as a deperation move to try to generate some cascades.

    EDIT: The second group might also try to litter the board with more TUAP for cMags' Red but that's probably going to be a pretty rare use-case.
  • NorthernPolarityNorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Regardless of what you think looks like the best abilities of the character, I think it's too hard to actually make an informed decision on the character without seeing the values at max level. Take a look at Ares for instance. I'm sure everyone would have said "5/3/5 is optimal, because red is horrible" before his stats were revealed, but 4->5 green is so marginal that his actual optimal build is 4/4/5. It's fine to speculate on what the optimal build could be without seeing the values is fine, but having the poll is way too final I think, since people are going to vote based off of what they currently see, which might be completely off if we find out that for whatever reason 4 covers is optimal in 2 colors.

    Then we can change our vote.

    The dedicated people are going to change their vote. The rest of the people who go to this topic, vote once, and forget about it won't, and those are the people that I'm worried about. There really isn't any benefit in having the poll up right now compared to when we don't have even the most basic information needed to say what the optimal build actually is: all the poll is doing right now is saying "which of her abilities seem good?", which is correlated to the optimal build, but doesn't actually say what it is.
  • wymtimewymtime Posts: 3,533 Chairperson of the Boards
    KevinMark wrote:
    I'm guessing she will have the same HP with Moonstone (4900 at max level). I disagree with people saying new yellow is useless in 2*. I'm basically in transition for probably the longest time maxing almost all 2* chars and I almost never use Ares' yellow and he is one of my most used chars. Because he also damages himself for quite a lot. There are times when 2 PvPs and PvEs with several subs on. Add things like LRs on it and I'm already out of health packs pretty quick. Thor? I just don't use him often since I maxed Ares. He is just slow and not as much fun to play compared to Ares.

    Just as a helpfull hint you should use OBW with Ares. If you have some match damage to Ares already you heal him and then throw out Sunder. Ares will then heal himself with Sunder on the double dip and you can come out HP neutral or possible ahead since Sunder is true healing. This is a great damage power and if you are not using it you are dragging out battles way longer than you need to becuase your only good power with Ares is green then.
  • Interesting. But like my current 3 star Ms Marvel it probably won't be used much
  • GrumpySmurf1002GrumpySmurf1002 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another black damager in 2* land is never a bad thing. The rest is gravy really.
  • wymtime wrote:
    Just as a helpfull hint you should use OBW with Ares. If you have some match damage to Ares already you heal him and then throw out Sunder. Ares will then heal himself with Sunder on the double dip and you can come out HP neutral or possible ahead since Sunder is true healing. This is a great damage power and if you are not using it you are dragging out battles way longer than you need to becuase your only good power with Ares is green then.
    I've been using this trick. Still it doesn't happen often. Probably because I rarely go above 300 points in PvP and play PvE nodes just once. It might be that I'm forgetting to use his yellow too when I can use it.
  • Just because stuff like scaling and timezone can ruin any PvE event still doesn't mean they're all equally bad. I don't necessarily like every iteration of Deadpool vs MPQ but if it turns out to suck then at least it's over pretty quickly, while Unstable Iso 8 just never goes away. It's simply much harder to screw up an event structured like Iso 8 Brotherhood compared to Heroic Venom.
  • CrookedKnightCrookedKnight Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    And Heroic Venom is at least over quick. Unstable is like an unholy fusion of Heroic Juggernaut/Venom and Iso-8 Brotherhood.
  • Well, Unstable Isotope is the first heroic PvE event I think? So it's more like a showcase of everything they did wrong before they improved, though I don't think anyone would mind if we no longer get the reminder of how things used to be much worse in the past.
  • Ms Marvel is so awesome...
    ...people discuss PVE structure on her thread.
  • PylgrimPylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    If her yellow levels up to 9 TU it would be like Thor's yellow without the initial punch. This just means you have to bring 2-3 TU's with you for her abilities.
    ...

    I think the Dev's really want people to start using TU's.

    Not sure about this with the highly reduced rate of T-U drops. Now I am super wary of using my good T-Us except in the hardest battles... and I'm not bringing Ms. Marvel or MoStorm into the hardest battles.
  • DD-The-MightyDD-The-Mighty Age Unconfirmed Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    sorcered wrote:
    Ms Marvel is so awesome...
    ...people discuss PVE structure on her thread.
    icon_razz.gif Better watch it there buddy. Criticizing this MOST HONORABLE gesture to the "forumites" will lead to much e-shame. And then how will we get our exclusive reveals to characters that are already on the way and have been leaked weeks ago?
    You. Should. Be. Grateful.
Sign In or Register to comment.