Lightning Rounds, Dec 24 edition

Options

Comments

• Stupid me I got carried away winning matches in the Hood round and finished top-25 when all I wanted was a token.

Thor dammit.
  • I'm up all night to get Loki....................'s much better villian buddy Rags.

Made myself stay up since the Rag round began right when the Avengers tourney ended. Scored 1st place and got both covers plus an extra green from the daily resupply, bringing him to a respectable 3/4. Should finish him up within the next week or 2 and then I can get out of the way for the other folks who need those Rag covers!
  • Should really randomise the characters used in lightning rounds it's really getting boring now.
  • TheLadder -- really? Your Mags is already maxed icon_razz.gif

You could've at least not retaliated against me!
  • Zathrus wrote:
    TheLadder -- really? Your Mags is already maxed icon_razz.gif

I guess it's 75 HP for selling the covers.

Got my last purple and not going to bother with getting my last 2 reds this way. The competition for Mags is insane.
  • Why did you attack me Z? Lol icon_twisted.gif

And no, it certainly isn't for HP - I am building a second Mag, because my original one is **** at 5/5/3. I want 5 in purple instead of the useless red.

Reached 807 pts, man that was pretty insane. Was stuck in MMR hell for the last 40 mins, only had the same six targets to choose from and all had high level Rag/Mag.
  • Darn. Was fighting hard for a Magneto purple. Ended up finishing like 26-27.

Fierce competition, I got hit every time I crossed 25. And my MMR must be a mess, I was only able to find fights for ~15 points.
  • 800 points! icon_eek.gif
  • Only need blue for my mags. Kids distracted me and I missed like 20 minutes towards the end. Ended up with a top 100 for a heroic. At least I got lucky enough for a yellow hood. 3/3/3. Not bad icon_e_smile.gif

Also the mags rounds still seem different to me than others. I never get seed fights or any kind of low/mid levels. Mags rounds are straight good opponents from fight 1-....
  • jozier wrote:
    Darn. Was fighting hard for a Magneto purple. Ended up finishing like 26-27.

Fierce competition, I got hit every time I crossed 25. And my MMR must be a mess, I was only able to find fights for ~15 points.

What did you get in the token? This happened to me in my first lighting round and I got the purple Mags from the token anyway.
  • Misguided wrote:
    800 points! icon_eek.gif

I know. Was matched up with all people in the top few places, so each match worth quite a lot. Not many retaliations obviously to reach that, which surprised me, I normally get pounded in the last few mins, but nothing this time icon_twisted.gif
  • Zathrus wrote:
    TheLadder -- really? Your Mags is already maxed icon_razz.gif

Damn..all you big dogs came out for this Mags round. That was brutal for my weak team. Got top 25 so slowly getting a mags but hurry up andbmove on all you Mags guys. The little guys need a chance. But yeah, I saw TheLadder and his max mags who hit me a few times. Wiped me out trying to retaliate against him and forgot to use boosts too. Was hoping for top 8 but kid took a huge dump on me 10 mins left so dont think my last fight counted.
  • jozier wrote:
    Darn. Was fighting hard for a Magneto purple. Ended up finishing like 26-27.

What did you get in the token? This happened to me in my first lighting round and I got the purple Mags from the token anyway.

Got a Yellow Hood, so decently happy, now 4/2/1 Hood.

And yeah, yesterday I played a round, finished like 30, and pulled a purple Mags with the Diabolical.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Why did you attack me Z? Lol icon_twisted.gif

And no, it certainly isn't for HP - I am building a second Mag, because my original one is **** at 5/5/3. I want 5 in purple instead of the useless red.

Reached 807 pts, man that was pretty insane. Was stuck in MMR hell for the last 40 mins, only had the same six targets to choose from and all had high level Rag/Mag.

I didn't know you were building a second Mag, and hoped to get mad points off of you.

You know how that turned out!

Made top 8, got my last blue cover. I'll worry about the red once I hit the level cap. But not going to try by LR, that's for sure. Ditto for Hood.

So I'm now done w/ LR, except for ISO gathering. Hooray.

EvilSonGoku -- I saw your team. It's not weak icon_razz.gif
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Was stuck in MMR hell for the last 40 mins, only had the same six targets to choose from ...

Yeah, I noticed that.
  • Hell of a round never got to check who won I know I came in second needed that last red and last purple funny thing is I never got hit once. Guess everyone was scared of my 100 mag 115 Doom and 115 Rag
  • russnou wrote:
    Hell of a round never got to check who won I know I came in second needed that last red and last purple funny thing is I never got hit once. Guess everyone was scared of my 100 mag 115 Doom and 115 Rag

That's just too much hp to go through. Better to do two lower matches instead.
  • Ghast wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:
    Was stuck in MMR hell for the last 40 mins, only had the same six targets to choose from ...

Yeah, I noticed that.

sorry Ghast if that was you I hit a few times... didn't realize u were on here but my choices were slim between u, theLadder, winrys, zatharus so it was not pretty.
  • Ghast wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:

Yeah, I noticed that.

sorry Ghast if that was you I hit a few times... didn't realize u were on here but my choices were slim between u, theLadder, winrys, zatharus so it was not pretty.

Same choices for me. I tried to spread it round a bit, but what exactly are you supposed to do when you only have six people to pick from? (as documented by others recently). icon_e_confused.gif
  • I can't complain. There's some poor guy with a level 30 C. Storm and a level 36 Wolverine that probably saw me a dozen times halfway through the round. Also, my Magneto was only 0/4/1 so I don't mind finishing in the top 25 for the next few weeks.

Does anyone else save their standard tokens from the Lightning Round to open all at once in the same way that people used to open packs of trading cards? I'm sitting on 40 and it feels nostalgic.