Lightning Rounds, Dec 24 edition

Options

Comments

• eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got first top 8 in a doom round, thanks to blue rouge. He kept attacking me. No idea how he was so fast with the 40 juggs/58/wolvie/15 doom like Elementalor said.
    I was just running 51 rags/35 doom/46 wolverine though.
  • eidehua wrote:
    Got first top 8 in a doom round, thanks to blue rouge. He kept attacking me. No idea how he was so fast with the 40 juggs/58/wolvie/15 doom like Elementalor said.

Was funny, in the three star tourney, he attacked me multiple times when he had like 300ish points more than I did.
  • Misguided wrote:
    eidehua wrote:

Was funny, in the three star tourney, he attacked me multiple times when he had like 300ish points more than I did.

Yeah something is fishy with this guy. He kept beating me within a minute during 3 star tourney and only a lvl15 Bwgs showed up for me to fight... later he had a lvl15 Bwgs and lvl15 hood only. At first I thought it was a dev team.
  • Misguided wrote:
    eidehua wrote:

What the heck, he did the same to me. Lol.

Edit. I meant the Avengers tourney.
  • Frozen wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    eidehua wrote:

What the heck, he did the same to me. Lol.

Edit. I meant the Avengers tourney.

I hate to cry jailbroke, but it sounds like it. If so, devs'll have him soon enough
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bah; never going to get a yellow Hood at this rate - 1st place the whole way, attacked by 2nd place multiple times in the final 5 minutes for -29 a pop (my own matches worth 4-6), then have to wait 5 horribly uncertain minutes with the round closed for the game to tell me "you placed in the top 8"... icon_cry.gif

On the other hand, was pleasantly easy to place high!

Do they ever randomize order of covers, or is yellow Hood forever the top prize only?

~~~

N.B. Don't ever succumb to frustration/temptation to 'diabolical' it - used my HP to buy 3 in vain hope, and naturally got black Loki > black Loki > purple Loki.
    Oh, Loki; never one to miss the opportunity to kick someone when they're down. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Not randomized.

I just go for diabolicals in rounds that aren't a priority for me. Doesn't always work out(and I get loki or Doom) but I got a red mags just now, totes worth. =D
  • Count me as one who was getting whacked by Blue Rogue. Probably went thru 3 or 4 retaliations with him. Not saying he couldn't have downed my team once or twice with a large number of heals and boosts, but the speed in which it was occurring, the other comments on the board, and that he did it to me last week with level 15 guys...

If he hadn't hit me a final time in the last 90 seconds I would have finished top 8.
  • Spencer75
    Options
    Doesn't it seem most likely that blue rogue is having the wrong defense team put out? Rather than some sort of cheat?

If he were doing that well he wouldn't be putting out that kind of team, or at the very least they would be rapidly climbing in levels...
  • Spencer75 wrote:
    Doesn't it seem most likely that blue rogue is having the wrong defense team put out? Rather than some sort of cheat?

If he were doing that well he wouldn't be putting out that kind of team, or at the very least they would be rapidly climbing in levels...

I don't know, which is why I'm trying to be speculative rather than accusatory. Anything is possible, but enough people have seen strange things from this person that I think it warrants having a look at.
  • Spencer75 wrote:

Not if it's showing as a retaliation target.

We've seen some borked teams in restricted tournaments (too tired to get the reference threads), as well as some underleveled teams (as both normal and retaliation targets), but never a radically different team for retaliation than what you actually played.

And I agree that we cannot say that they are cheating, but it is something a dev should look into... if someone's found a way to cheat at the game without running silly leveled characters then I'm sure they want to know about it.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    My last three diabolical tokens have been red rag, red mag, purple mag

Merrykitty Christmas
  • Yay I placed in the top 25 in the Mag lightning round.

Maybe I'll be able to get these *** characters somewhere eventually.
  • Finally went after it yesterday and got a black for my Doom. Leveled it to 70 (4/3) and tanked several rounds to go after Rags today.

Ended up top 2. That makes my 0/3 Rags a 1/3 Rags and saved hero points took it to 3/3.

He's leveled to 60 now and ready to roll for more lightning tournaments and other use.

Should be an interesting new way to play...
  • Woohoo, Top 8 in Rag lightning round. Just had to tank all the rounds before, which was leading to not one single retaliation icon_e_wink.gif. Now he's 2/4 and definitely usable.
  • Kelbris
    Options
    I've been doing a new style of tanking

Get to 250 in the first 30 mins, tank for 30-40 mind, and then take out all the scrubby 30+ terms with my big hitters for the rest
  • Kelbris
    Options
    Ugh, **** this

Yielded to get a diabolical and I got a black doom, when I could have used the blue hood

My doom is 5/5
  • weee what a lucky pull just got a green rag from a diabolical token
    i guess it makes up for all the captain american and wolverines i been getting from the hulk tokens
  • Is matchmaking messed up because so few people are playing? I kept getting the same five people from the top 10 over and over again. Then in the final 10 minutes it finally gave me new people who were 300-400 below me and gave 4 as a reward.

I did the low reward ones because I didn't want to knock anyone out of top8 at the end and I had a huge lead anyway.
  • Last round from the time I joined til time I stopped nothing but like 35-40 point matches with very high quality teams. Not like the typical tourney at all. I figured I skyrocketed my mmr but if you had similar issues at same tourney who knows. Oh well got a blue spidey from a standard earlier so no complaining from this guy today.