Lightning Rounds, Dec 24 edition

Options

Comments

• DumDumDugn wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

Thanks, I was somehow in 1st most of the way, I think I should have hung back though.

yea when i want to aim for top 2 i start with 1 hr to go

I'll try that next time, thanks for the tip.

You need a really fast team though, and moderately (but not a ton of) tanking the last few

Maybe 1:15 then. heh
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

Thanks, I was somehow in 1st most of the way, I think I should have hung back though.

yea when i want to aim for top 2 i start with 1 hr to go

I'll try that next time, thanks for the tip.

You need a really fast team though, and moderately (but not a ton of) tanking the last few
  • This Hood round was the first of the LRs that I actually had any time to compete in; made top 8. Needed both covers.

Hopefully I'll be able to jump in a Mags round tomorrow; I still need 1 blue and 1 red. Beyond that... er... wow. I just need 1 yellow and 1 blue Hood cover. Which isn't really that important to me.

Merry Christmas to all!
  • These Hood rounds are nuts...actually all good LR are nuts. I gotta build up spidey to fend you wolves off. Competed in mags and hood today and last 15 minutes I always went from top1 or 2 to barely holding onto top 8. I still haven't figured out what hoods strengths are.. I also don't understand the power of Mags (mines only 1/1/1). Great iso grind but glad I only jump in for the full round rarely due to work.
  • These Hood rounds are nuts...actually all good LR are nuts. I gotta build up spidey to fend you wolves off. Competed in mags and hood today and last 15 minutes I always went from top1 or 2 to barely holding onto top 8. I still haven't figured out what hoods strengths are.. I also don't understand the power of Mags (mines only 1/1/1). Great iso grind but glad I only jump in for the full round rarely due to work.

his blue generates crits for free at level 5 and his purple is the highest damaging move in the game

Spidey isn't going to hold off squat in an LR.
  • So I got in the top 8 for a Rag round... and got me my 3rd Red cover... then in the following Hood round I got another Red cover out of a Standard (NO KIDDING) pack. I now understand the evil what can be wrought. Can't wait to get my 5th cover. This guy is just... wow he's brutal. Boring as all hell, but fast and brutal.
  • rabscutle wrote:
    So I got in the top 8 for a Rag round... and got me my 3rd Red cover... then in the following Hood round I got another Red cover out of a Standard (NO KIDDING) pack. I now understand the evil what can be wrought. Can't wait to get my 5th cover. This guy is just... wow he's brutal. Boring as all hell, but fast and brutal.

Nice! The power jump from 4 to 5 is just as big as the jump from 3 to 4.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    I'm still rocking a 4/3 Rags :< Tanked enough Lightning Rounds to make my Avengers matchups easy as pie, though. I'm doing as many 30+ as I can to get to 250 and then I'm gonna run through the Doom LR (70 doom/70 Rags/either 69 Daken or 65 Spidey)

I like using Daken. Better than Wolvie with Rags since all the AP goes to GP, and still makes a buttload of strikes.
  • rabscutle wrote:
    So I got in the top 8 for a Rag round... and got me my 3rd Red cover... then in the following Hood round I got another Red cover out of a Standard (NO KIDDING) pack. I now understand the evil what can be wrought. Can't wait to get my 5th cover. This guy is just... wow he's brutal. Boring as all hell, but fast and brutal.

He ain't even fast in non-boosted rounds unless u pair him with wolv or widow
  • This guy in #1 in Doom is odd.. he has a 40 juggs/58/wolvie/15 doom...but he's killing my 77 rags/68 doom/80wolvie pretty quickly, probably in around a minute...where is the damage even coming from? haha

He's making my diabolical token run really easy but it's just so weird.
  • This guy in #1 in Doom is odd.. he has a 40 juggs/58/wolvie/15 doom...but he's killing my 77 rags/68 doom/80wolvie pretty quickly, probably in around a minute...where is the damage even coming from? haha

Blue Rogue...he came up in another thread the other day using a team that shouldn't be able to kill who he was killing. check this out Wonder if he's doing something funny.
  • Misguided wrote:
    This guy in #1 in Doom is odd.. he has a 40 juggs/58/wolvie/15 doom...but he's killing my 77 rags/68 doom/80wolvie pretty quickly, probably in around a minute...where is the damage even coming from? haha

Blue Rogue...he came up in another thread the other day using a team that shouldn't be allowed. Wonder if he's doing something funny.

I feel like maybe he is, or his account is bugged and showing the wrong defenders? 29k damage in a minute is...highly highly unlikely with that team IMO and he did it twice in a row.

this is the guy that hit me i think too, only he had a hulk in there
  • Saw Ice lurking a few minutes ago. Maybe they can look into this guy and see if he is legit? Looks like someone have him a beat down though.
  • Kelbris
    Options
    Quick defense question: if I yield with a **** team, that's who I'm defending with, right? So if I yield with that low level team, and then yield with my badass team, my badass team is defending?
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Quick defense question: if I yield with a tinykitty team, that's who I'm defending with, right? So if I yield with that low level team, and then yield with my badass team, my badass team is defending?

Correct, though multiple people could potentially start fighting your scrubs before you yield again. If you just want to yield once, use your regular team and soak the damage.
  • Kelbris
    Options
    So I used Fire Emblem logic and felt like the RNG was gonna be against me, so I burned a roll on the daily deal HEroic. Green Thor, nothing I can use.

Open my Diabolical? Fourth red Rag.

DON'T EVEN PRETEND THEY DON'T GENERATE A BUNCH OF ROLLS AT A TIME, MY METHOD WORKED :l
  • Kelbris
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Misguided wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:
    Quick defense question: if I yield with a tinykitty team, that's who I'm defending with, right? So if I yield with that low level team, and then yield with my badass team, my badass team is defending?

Correct, though multiple people could potentially start fighting your scrubs before you yield again. If you just want to yield once, use your regular team and soak the damage.

Naw, I was going to set up three matches; a 20+ in case I need to gain points, a 1 fight yield in case i need to drop a little, and a 3 fight yield (yielding twice and waiting on the third) to drop a lot. It takes me all of 10 seconds to yield, get back into the fight, and yield again, so that's not really a worry for me.

Doesn't matter got Rags icon_twisted.gif
  • It's definitely suspicious.

I got black Hood, oh well. At least I'll need to play less hood rounds later on!

I dunno, this guy is pretty beneficial to anyone with a real team with the way he runs up to the top. So I kinda like him icon_e_biggrin.gif